Sponsored by:

Dvd Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 09:12 AM
cslayton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dvd Problems

I have a 2007 GX 470 with the rear DVD system in it. It also has the 6-DISC CD/DVD Changer in the glove box. Here's my annoying problem--I have always had 6 DVD's in the glove box as well as a DVD in the rear system. I have a 3 and a 5 year old and I am always on the road so I have 7 total movies on hand to shuffle through to entertain my toddlers while I am working on the road. Recently, the movies in the glove box stop projecting onto the rear screen. I took my vehicle into the local dealership and they told me the DVD's in the glove box are not supposed to project on to the rear screen and didn't believe me that they ever did. They said the DVD's in the glove box are only supposed to work on the front screen when the vehicle is in park with emergency brake on. I know it works on the fron screen and until recently has always worked on the back screen. Am I crazy??? Why would LEXUS design a DVD sytem for passengers (toddlers especially) that could not be controlled by the driver. Am I supposed to pull over on the highway and change out the DVD in back?? Somebody please help!
Old 05-26-08, 03:14 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yes the movies can project either way from front movie to the back and back to the front and vice versa and also the back can watch one movie on the overhead 1 disc dvd player and the front can watch a different dvd movie on the glove box mounted cd /dvd cd changer. your not crazy. the dealer has no idea all the things the 5th genration system can do and due to legal questions doesnt want to help you fix it. email me at egusman@woh.rr.com for some solutions to make it work again.