Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Ok here goes JL or Fi subs?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-08, 05:59 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlsrt-4
Robert thanks for the info, but now I'm a bit confused. If AA is the fully loaded version this would mean to me that they are a bit better than FI. Correct?
Comparing the AA to a fully loaded Fi of the same "line" then they should sound identical in the same enclosure. And "better" is a very subjective word. Do you even need a fully loaded Fi or with the standard configuration be more than enough?

Originally Posted by rlsrt-4
If so I could get those for cheaper than Fi's. LMK what you huys think.
You could only get them cheaper if you find a local dealer selling them cheaper. AA subs were recently pulled from Soundsolutions Audio web site which was the only authorized internet retailer.

-Robert
Old 05-04-08, 09:33 PM
rlsrt-4
Rookie

Originally Posted by Robert_J
Comparing the AA to a fully loaded Fi of the same "line" then they should sound identical in the same enclosure. And "better" is a very subjective word. Do you even need a fully loaded Fi or with the standard configuration be more than enough?
No I don't need a fully loaded Fi but I didn't want to get some AA's and wished I would have gotten some Fi's or the W7 10's. So would you say the Arsenal AA line would be about the same as the Fi ssd line?

You could only get them cheaper if you find a local dealer selling them cheaper. AA subs were recently pulled from Soundsolutions Audio web site which was the only authorized internet retailer.

-Robert

Yes there is a local shop. Do you know why they were pulled?

Thanks again.
Old 05-05-08, 05:37 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I can't tell you the Fi equivalent of an AA sub. I haven't used an AA sub since the Atlas line with the XBL^2 motors. Check the AA forum at Soundsolutions Audio.

Pulling them from internet sales was a business decision plain and simple. Again, explained in great detail in the AA forum at SSA.

-Robert
Old 05-05-08, 07:47 AM
rlsrt-4
Rookie

I can't tell you the Fi equivalent of an AA sub. I haven't used an AA sub since the Atlas line with the XBL^2 motors. Check the AA forum at Soundsolutions Audio.

Pulling them from internet sales was a business decision plain and simple. Again, explained in great detail in the AA forum at SSA.

-Robert

Once again thanks for knowledge sir.
Old 05-05-08, 08:29 AM
VEGAS DRE
Driver

if it matters ! jl CAN'T COMPARE TO AA,FI OR RE AUDIO SUB !!! hands down jl is just a sub with good marketing ! also the sound quality and output of the aa,fi and re audio will walk all over the jl,kicker,orion,mtx,fosgate subs anyday!!!!! scott builds very good subs ! worth every dollar !! i have 2 aa chaos dual 4-ohm 12" subs in a 4.25 cu. ft. ported enclosure powered by a fosgate t-20001bd ported up through the stock sub cutout and its pretty damn loud and plays low !

Last edited by VEGAS DRE; 05-06-08 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-05-08, 08:57 AM
rlsrt-4
Rookie

Originally Posted by VEGAS DRE
if it matters ! jl CAN'T COMPARE TO AA,FI OR RE AUDIO SUB !!! hands down jl is just a sub with good marketing ! also the sound quality and output of the aa,fi and re audio will walk all over the jl,kicker,orion,mtx,fosgate subs anyday!!!!! scott builds very good subs ! worth every dollar !! i have 2 aa chaos dual 4-ohm 12" subs in a 4.25 cu. ft. ported enclosure powered by a fosgate t-20001bd ported up threw the stock sub cutout and its pretty damn loud and plays low !

Cool thanks for the info, but quick question when I looked at the AA website I didn't see a "chaos" model is older?

Hey do you by chance have any pics of your setup would love to see it.

Last edited by rlsrt-4; 05-05-08 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 05-05-08, 01:56 PM
rlsrt-4
Rookie

Nevermind just found Chaos is new.

Would still like to your setup though.
Old 05-06-08, 09:43 AM
VEGAS DRE
Driver

actually i'll take a picture of it today ! cause im selling the box to a friend so i'll have to remove my back seat to remove the box anyways ! cause the box is 31"wide 14.5" high and 22" deep mounted from behind the back seats and the woofers are firing forward towards the rear seat and the port is firing up throught the factory 10" woofers hole ! so i have to remove the rear seat to unscrew the box form the car ! its the 3rd enclosure that ive built for my car in 2 months ! everytime i build one and install it someone buys the one outta my car car ! i'll post pics of it later today for sure !

Last edited by VEGAS DRE; 05-06-08 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-06-08, 03:09 PM
rlsrt-4
Rookie

actually i'll take a picture of it today ! cause im selling the box to a friend so i'll have to remove my back seat to remove the box anyways ! cause the box is 31"wide 14.5" high and 22" deep mounted from behind the back seats and the woofers are firing forward towards the rear seat and the port is firing up throught the factory 10" woofers hole ! so i have to remove the rear seat to unscrew the box form the car ! its the 3rd enclosure that ive built for my car in 2 months ! everytime i build one and install it someone buys the one outta my car car ! i'll post pics of it later today for sure !

Cool very interested in seeing. How do you feel about the subs facing each other and having the port in the top middle firing as well through the stock hole.
Old 05-07-08, 12:57 AM
VEGAS DRE
Driver

OK ! i got the pictures in my picture folder ! but how do i add them into a reply ?? i know im new to cl ! or i can email them to you and you can post the 2 pictures !!
Old 05-07-08, 06:59 AM
rlsrt-4
Rookie

OK ! i got the pictures in my picture folder ! but how do i add them into a reply ?? i know im new to cl ! or i can email them to you and you can post the 2 pictures !!

PMed you my email address if you send I will post.
Old 05-07-08, 11:33 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

if it matters ! jl CAN'T COMPARE TO AA,FI OR RE AUDIO SUB !!! hands down jl is just a sub with good marketing ! also the sound quality and output of the aa,fi and re audio will walk all over the jl,kicker,orion,mtx,fosgate subs anyday!!!!!

I wouldn't go as far as saying JL can't compare to the rest. Yes they cost more, but they aren't bad. Sound quality for sound quality, JL is up there with the best. They get a bad rep because you have too many highschoolers who bought original W0s thinking they're the best. In fact, most retail brand gets hated on from people who are around 'internet brands'. But JL is definitely awesome.
Old 05-07-08, 12:40 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I have never said that JL was bad. They just have to price them to support a corporation with hundreds of employees. And then the retail store adds their 50% to 100% markup from there. Not to mention advertising and product placement.

Fi has to support 6 employees and rent for a warehouse (not snazzy offices). Being internet direct, there is no retail markup. Not to mention, the JIT (just in time) inventory model. That's how you get the custom subs built.

It's two different ways of doing business. Scott has said that he will keep Fi small. RE got big and he sold it.

-Robert
Old 05-07-08, 01:12 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I wished Scott kept RE small because I really like the brand when they were focused on the smaller enthusiast crowd. I stopped looking at RE one local stores around here started selling and bastardizing them. It's a shame because I've bought many RE products before, including the subs when RE Audio first started.
Old 05-08-08, 09:48 AM
animefreak
Driver

Go to YouTube and type in the name Steve Meade . He runs FI subs and the setup he has will blow you away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZHz673auVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpo2Q...eature=related

Last edited by animefreak; 05-08-08 at 09:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Ok here goes JL or Fi subs?????