Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you get the sub from and how much? thx
Old 04-29-08, 12:11 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ErseOne
Where did you get the sub from and how much? thx
The OP mentioned Elemental Designs as the source and the 13Ov.2 as the model. You can also see the name Elemental Designs stamped on the cone of the sub. To help you out, the sub was ordered from here. If he ordered it as a package, it is this.

-Robert
Old 04-29-08, 12:38 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_J
The OP mentioned Elemental Designs as the source and the 13Ov.2 as the model. You can also see the name Elemental Designs stamped on the cone of the sub. To help you out, the sub was ordered from here. If he ordered it as a package, it is this.

-Robert
I have got a few PMs on this. As stated above I purchased the Sub and the "O" ring right from www.edesignaudio.com. I did not purchased the package linked to above as that is a 10 inch replacment that bolts right into the factory location and I want a 12 inch. I think the 12 inch sub was $175 and the "O" ring was around $10. They have some crazy sales so its possible to score some of their subs at less than half price some times. I sadly did not buy during a sale period.

So far the setup sounds WAY better than stock but not as good as I want it to. I have only been able to make one adjustment to the amp which helped a whole bunch. Once i have some more time to climb into the trunk and make some more adjustments i am sure it will improve to where i want it to be. I also need to install the remote bass know which will make adjustments a lot easier too.

About the adapter baffle I made I plan on dropping it down and taking some better pictures of if for all of you as soon as I can. Here is one that I modified for one of the members that PM'ed me asking mor detail on how the "O" and "D" boards were attached together. Again - better pictures of the setup are coming soon so stay tunned.

Old 04-29-08, 04:25 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Couple of shots of what we did.

Here's a couple of pics of what we (Myself, Spyder78 and GSoup) went through on Sun.

Prepping:

Car-Japanese
Azz - Russian

The 'shop'

This is the ring design we came up with. Pretty similiar to your, we are using the stock front bolts but screwing directly to the deck in the rear and filling the gaps with foam. (I was nervous about the weight)

Here's a closeup of the two rings combined. We cut two small notches in the O ring to get to the stock screws. Added some silicone as well (Car was prevously dynamatted but will be redone shortly - so the part of the deck that overlaps the sub is dynamatted)

You can see a little bit of the foam in this shot of the rear. (The wire in the pic goes to the rear camera, yes it will be hidden, one project at a time

Wired up:

Wanted to keep it simple and looking somewhat stock so we created a 'cover'

Gotta give props to Gsoup and Spyder for coming through as this wouldn't have gotten completed without their help.

RobertJ, feel free to offer your opinion/suggestion.
Old 04-29-08, 05:25 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Prepping:

oh... lookie what i found here... sneak peak of the new rims... hahaa... i'm like a ninja
Old 04-29-08, 06:00 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
oh... lookie what i found here... sneak peak of the new rims... hahaa... i'm like a ninja
Stalker.....
Old 04-30-08, 11:56 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
RobertJ, feel free to offer your opinion/suggestion.
Please don't single me out. I think it looks great. Very similar to my plans for the ES-350 except I will probably be using a custom sub with a TC-7 motor that I will build.

As for tuning, what tools are you using? By tools, I mean SPL meter, DMM, RTA, O-scope, etc. As long as you aren't using the amp's bass boost, you are OK. ED has a great video on their site on how to properly adjust the gains.

-Robert
Old 12-11-10, 11:01 PM
Euro09
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

so how do u guys remove the stock sub ? is it from the inside the car ? I saw the cover there but not sure how to remove that...

Andy
Old 12-12-10, 11:36 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Euro09
so how do u guys remove the stock sub ? is it from the inside the car ? I saw the cover there but not sure how to remove that...

Andy
2GS Sticky

Hello all (Links to most DIYs for the GS) PLEASE LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU SEARCH!! Hello all (Links to most DIYs for the GS) PLEASE LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU SEARCH!!

Look at Sub Replacement #2