Sponsored by:

I Need Help with NAV hack

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-08, 07:08 PM
///M
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Help with NAV hack

I searched and it gets a bit confusing. I have a 2008 RX400h. It is has a 5th gen Nav with the 7.1 disc. How do you hack this thing??? I tried going the lockpick route but they never return e-mails or return calls. I'm not dropping $300+ wondering if it will work or when I will get it, plus many people say it screws up the nav and the GPS tracking gets lost for a while. I don't want to deal with such a headache.

Then I heard there is some wire cutting hack. BUT DOES THIS WORK WITH THE CURRENT NAV and & 7.1 disc??? I don't want speculation, who out there can confirm this works and what do I need to do?

I purchased the VAIS ipod adapter and would like to browse while in motion (not me but the passenger), I want to change destinations while in motion (agian the passenger would be doing this), and use the bluetooth phonebook. I really do not care about watching DVDs or videos.

SO can anyone please help. Don't just chime in if you "think" it will work. I need to know that it WILL work.

I have to take apart the nav this weekend to do the VAIS so might as well hack the nav while I'm at it.

So to anyone who is actually helpful, Thank you very much for your assistance.
Old 03-28-08, 08:18 AM
silverlex4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not really sure, but I think that the wire cutting method is just for temporary bypass so that you can input addresses while driving. I've read on another forum awhile back that in order to play the dvd while driving, you will need to ground a wire to your e-brake. I know that doesn't really help much but hey, any info is better than none. GL. Oh yeah, cutting the wire will mess with the nav tracking because it throws the speed sensors off which then allows you to input the addess. So you don't want to go that route to play the DVD.