Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Keyless Entry Question (Sorry!!)

Old 02-19-08, 02:16 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Keyless Entry Question (Sorry!!)

I've poured through the countless old threads about keyless entry and havent found the answer to my question, so I was left with no choice but to start another dreaded thread about this..

I have a 1995 SC400 without any keyless entry, and am really wanting to buy an aftermarket OEM Lexus one (not going through the $400 dealership route).

From what I understand is that I need to make sure the FCC-ID on the remote has to match my car. How do I check that? I've called a dozen different dealerships and they either have no clue-what I'm talking about (and are interested in finding out themselves), or try to convince me into purchasing a new chip/key for $400.

Also, all the dealerships tell me that 1995 SC's came with a built-in button on the master key, not a separate remote. If I buy a separate remote (provided I can figure out this FCC-ID thing) will I be able to program it to my car?

Finally, I've found the keyless programming guide here, and what I'm getting from this is that using the 4 modes (add mode, rewrite mode, confirmation mode, and erase mode) I can add any keyless remote to my car? Is this true regardless of FCC-ID? Or do I still need a specific FCC-ID for my car?

Again sorry for another thread about keyless as it's obvious through my 3+ days of research theres been plenty!
Thanx guys!!!
Old 02-19-08, 02:54 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im with the dealership...what do you mean FCC-ID has to match? people add aftermarket keyless entry systems to all types of cars every single day. when i work at circuit city when not away at school i do remote starts and keyless systems all day long. i have a python keyless/remote start on my car.

my 93 sc came with a master key that had a remote button for keyless built into the key. i have it as a spare. its useless. i just use my python remote for lock/unlock/trunk pop/remote start/window mod...to roll up/down windows in the summer via the remote

i dont think lexus made a separate remote in 95 for the SC. it was a simple single button deal built into the key.

you can get a key with a keyless remote button built in to work with your car and program it. either go to dealer or online.

i still dont know what the FCC-ID has to do with anything.
Old 02-19-08, 03:49 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
im with the dealership...what do you mean FCC-ID has to match? people add aftermarket keyless entry systems to all types of cars every single day. when i work at circuit city when not away at school i do remote starts and keyless systems all day long. i have a python keyless/remote start on my car.

my 93 sc came with a master key that had a remote button for keyless built into the key. i have it as a spare. its useless. i just use my python remote for lock/unlock/trunk pop/remote start/window mod...to roll up/down windows in the summer via the remote

i dont think lexus made a separate remote in 95 for the SC. it was a simple single button deal built into the key.

you can get a key with a keyless remote button built in to work with your car and program it. either go to dealer or online.

i still dont know what the FCC-ID has to do with anything.
Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have used the word "aftermarket". By that I basically meant eBay (or, not new). I'm looking for a used OEM Lexus clicker for my car.
From doing research clickers have a "FCC-ID" serial number on the back of them, and apparently this number has to match my car in order for me to be able to program it. A few FCC-ID's that Ive seen are:
HYQWDTB
HYQ12BBK
HYQ1512P
HYQWDTC
..plus many others.
When searching "FCC-ID" in the search field it yeilds very little results, a few people have asked how you get it, but no answers..
What I need to know is how to obtain the correct FCC-ID that corresponds to my car. As I've mentioned before, I've called a bunch of Lexus dealerships with my VIN number, but no one even knows what an FCC-ID is.
Here is a picture of what I'm talking about..
Attached Thumbnails Keyless Entry Question (Sorry!!)-key-051-2-.jpg  
Old 02-19-08, 03:49 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

..and an upclose pic.
Attached Thumbnails Keyless Entry Question (Sorry!!)-key-052-2-.jpg  
Old 02-23-08, 05:00 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Someone told me I can find FCC-ID on my alarm-module box thats located under the passenger rear seat, but they were unsure.
Can ANYONE confirm this is true before I rip apart my interior?