Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

my carpc install

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-07, 05:49 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that looks awesome! I'm sure its going to come out great.
Old 12-21-07, 06:01 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
thank you! thats very nice to hear. right now im just doing more final touches. it seems that making it look oem is harder than i thought..especially when trying to do the lexus name justice.

to most..i guess others would see it as perfect, but to me..theres just these small imperfections that i can see that stresses me out because i want it PERFECTLY smooth.
Yeh that OEM look is hard, but in the end it looks sick! The drawing that you had is whats making it come to life in the best way possible. And yeh, the build has to live up to the car, you cant just throw stuff together and call it a day...

and i know what you mean about the perfection, when you think ur done sanding, especially when your going to be painting, sand again
Old 12-21-07, 06:08 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Subscribed.......very nice work
Old 12-21-07, 07:38 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful job

You have just motivated me to redo my MACarputer ..LMAO
Old 12-21-07, 05:04 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the motivation and props! but now...im kind of stuck and stumped. i dont know how to get my factory harness connected to all my speakers to splice into my aftermarket amp. i was able to find out one of the speakers, the rear left one to work. can anybody help me out with that? i have the wiring diagrams and other info..but i just couldnt quite figure it out. if anyone can help i can send a pdf file of the pages with all the info to get it to work. any help? thanks in advance!
Old 12-21-07, 09:32 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You're quite a craftsman pinoy.
Old 12-21-07, 10:21 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Looks pretty darn good!! I hope you don't paint it a glossy black. I like the matte finish that the stock black trimming has.
Old 12-21-07, 10:26 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

how are you running audio... thru the PC correct?
Old 12-21-07, 11:07 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

yea..ill be running through the pc. i just need to figure out how to use the stock harness so i wont have to rewire all the speakers, otherwise ill have rewire them all. if i cant find out..then i guess ill just do that.

and as for the color..yea..im leaving it a matte-ish black. its matte with a small semi gloss to match the factory trim.
Old 12-21-07, 11:21 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

do you have a stock amp? can you splice it in before the amp? i know its basic and u probably have all that covered - must be something else holding you back
Old 12-21-07, 11:28 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

yea..i have a stock amp, and i tried to see which wires lead to which speaker..but then i couldnt quite get it right. like on the diagram, it showed that b2(+) and b5(-) were the ones for the front right, but when i connected just those two, no sound was produced. then i plugged in b7(ground) and then sound came out...but in the rear left. so i got confused and not sure how all the wiring is done. i thought i had it, and i thought it was that simple. plus, thats still when i have power from the stock head unit, connected to the stock amp. because what i did was plug in my ipod to my kenwood amp via rca cables, then kind of spliced those two wires to the outputs from the amp. and i left my headunit powered on, otherwise sound would not be produced.
Old 12-21-07, 11:30 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

this is the only thing holding me back too..besides the actual power supply which is still on its way. until i get that power supply i will just be utilizing a power inverter. gahhhhh!!!!!! im sooo close! i want it done now! hahaha. oh yea..i got to take some pix of where im at now
Old 12-22-07, 03:15 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

the paint on here actually looks a bit too glossy. what i used was a flat black with a clear coat. flat black was too flat for my taste..i guess ill need to buy semi gloss black to get the finish i want. plus i cant get my freakin speakers to work right on my car! gaahhh!!! im so stressed on it. i think i might just buy new speakers and get them rewired. it might just be easier.

because i used a light tester to see which was positive and which was negative..and when i put them on the speakers, it showed they were both positive..and when i put the testers on the harnesses, 9 out of the 10 slots were negative. odd eh? thats what threw me off. because speakers usually have a positive and a negative. so i thought that there should be a positive and a negative coming from each speaker to the stock amp...that didnt turn out right. it seemed that i had to do a positive, negative, negative just to get that rear left one i was talking about earlier. and i couldnt get the others to work..just that. hmmm..any clues anyone? im stumped on this project. i just want to get it done already. im so antsy right now!
Old 12-22-07, 09:59 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Well here's a tip. Usually any wire with a white stripe should be negative.
Old 12-22-07, 10:06 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Actually I got an idea. How about a nice piano black finish. As long as it doesn't look like plastic/vinyl, I think it will look good!

Quick Reply: my carpc install