amir911
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amircartec@gmail.com
Old 12-18-12, 08:45 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

AMIR911 - you have posted what should be an original thread as a reply to an existing sticky thread. This is not the correct way to get help with your issue. Please delete these posts and repost as a new message in the Audio forum, so that more people can see it. Also please be more descriptive with your posts if you expect anyone to help you.
Old 06-03-13, 06:58 AM
Dr Bob
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2003 SC430 I am going to either trade or sell. Yesterday I went to remove the CDs I had in the player and they apparently got stuck. One came out fine, but the next one didn't. These are all COMMERCIAL CDs, NOT ones I have made - they don't have any labels other than the ones they came with.

I hadn't played the CD player in over a year, I am sure. I don't care about replacing the audio, just want my CDs out!! I think I took the front off the inside of the car once for something, but don't remember. I'm pretty handy so anyone remember where there is a link to removing the dash and the audio??

I think this car is alive and is mad at me for selling it!! :-)

...............Bob
Old 06-06-13, 07:02 PM
Dr Bob
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by Dr Bob
I hadn't played the CD player in over a year, I am sure. I don't care about replacing the audio, just want my CDs out!! I think I took the front off the inside of the car once for something, but don't remember. I'm pretty handy so anyone remember where there is a link to removing the dash and the audio??
For anyone who runs across this, I found the complete directions on how to remove the in-dash radio here!

I was able to remove the audio player and get my CDs out! The only potentially serious problem I ran into was the fact the faceplate of the audio player is connected to the guts by a ribbon cable that is the most seriously flawed designed cable I have ever seen. There are MANY ways of designing ribbon cable - this one is made so anyone who is not VERY, VERY CAREFUL will ruin it and with that, by by radio!! - not to mention about $1000 dollars to replace!!

Luckily I'm pretty handy with PC boards and was able to fix the problem with the ribbon cable, but not after sweating a bit! That Lexus has to go out of their way to design products in this fashion is just wrong!

At any rate, I have it all working just fine without spending an unnecessary $1000 dollars! And THAT makes it all worth while!!

..................Bob
Old 07-25-13, 07:07 AM
rikimbily
Driver School Candidate

i'm having a problem with my Lexus GS400. sometimes while driving my dashboard does not register. all of needles, including the Tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, and ammeter, goes dead or does not register then i pulled over shifted the car from drive to park and back in drive and everything worked. can someone help me find my problem or if they have had the samething happen to them what did you do to solve it
Old 02-15-16, 09:45 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

learned this lesson the hard way in my 95 Ls400 in dash cartridge changer. when in doubt with lables the awnser is simple. DONT DO IT!!!!!
Old 04-27-16, 03:12 PM
ALtin107
Pole Position

Who puts labels on CDs/DVDs anymore? The good old sharpie marker does the trick just fine
Old 07-05-17, 05:50 PM
riredale
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I have produced many thousands of burned CDs and DVDs as part of my business, starting in 2002 when burning a disk was as much art as science. At first I used full-face printed labels which worked great--for a while. After a few years, though, my DVDs would play for about half of the program, then hang. The problem was that the full-face label would gradually shrink over time, very slightly warping the disk.

One alternative that emerged was to use a new technology that allowed one to "burn" text and graphics on the top of the disk. But it takes many minutes to do so, and the results are greyscale and pretty boring.

Another option emerged in which the top of the disks were coated with a thin white layer that could be printed upon via a suitable inkjet printer (I swear by Canon). At first the coatings were poor and one could smear a graphic by just running a wet thumb over it. Nowadays, however, several companies make gorgeous glossy coatings that take ink nicely and yet are waterproof. The results can look as good as commercially-printed disks.

By the way, if you choose to burn your CDs or DVDs, it makes a huge difference which vendor you choose. Most disks are junk and will throw off many errors after a few years of aging (you can test the error rate with third-party utilities on your PC). The best are made by companies like Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden. NEVER have had a failure with one of these.
Old 12-31-22, 01:02 AM
Is350baby
Driver School Candidate

My discs just end up skipping, but I had no idea it could destroy the entire system! I will not take that chance anymore. Thanks for the tip.