Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Will Bazooka sub with spkr level inputs work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 04:08 PM
xfast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Bazooka sub with spkr level inputs work?

I was looking at rewiring my rear sub in a 97 ES300. I just put in a new head unit and am fine with the amount of power I'm getting, but the bass is pretty lacking overall. Could I just wire a Bazooka directly in to the subwoofer wiring? I was considering a BTA8100 which is an 8" tube with a 100w rms amplifier built in. I realize I'll need to run a power wire from the battery and ground it out as well. But will it just wire straight in to the factory sub wires?
Old 06-27-07, 04:22 PM
dentpusher
Pole Position

Bazooka tubes have the high level imputs so you should be fine. If you just put a head unit in than your better off using the RCA outputs provided on the back of the unit.
Old 06-28-07, 03:09 AM
xfast
Driver School Candidate

Cool, good to know. I will try the speaker level inputs first and if I'm not satisfied with the sound I'll go ahead and run the RCA cords. I was just trying to go the easiest method possible for now. I guess the RCA output would make it easier to control the sub since my head unit has sub controls built in.
Old 06-28-07, 03:54 AM
kramer5150
Driver School Candidate

If you can you do me a favor and post updates to your progress... I for one would be most grateful. Specifically, how/where you manage to run the power cables through the two firewalls.
Old 06-28-07, 04:30 AM
dentpusher
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xfast
Cool, good to know. I will try the speaker level inputs first and if I'm not satisfied with the sound I'll go ahead and run the RCA cords. I was just trying to go the easiest method possible for now. I guess the RCA output would make it easier to control the sub since my head unit has sub controls built in.
You need to run a remote turn on wire anyway so might as well do it right the first time.
Old 06-28-07, 08:16 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Did you pick Bazooka for a reason? Are you looking for a drop-in solution? If you are willing to use a screw driver you can get a sub, a pre-fab box and an amp that will give you much better results than a Bazooka. If you have the building skills, you can even build a Bazooka like sub using better parts.

-Robert
Old 06-28-07, 02:02 PM
xfast
Driver School Candidate

Was looking for a quick and easy solution that will outperform the 8" factory woofer. I've heard the bazookas before and they sounded quiet a bit better than what I have currently. I'm just wanting to avoid mounting the amp seperately, so yes, a drop in solution is what I'm looking for. I'm not dead set on Bazooka, so any other brands that anyone can recommend would be great.

Forgot about needing the turn on lead, so yes, I will go ahead and run my RCA's while I'm at it. I still have the stingers from my truck that I sold.

I have an MTX amp thats 4x65RMS, but I was planning to hook that up in my wife's CRV as a surprise while she's at work one day near our anniversary. I may add a 4 channel amp and speaker upgrades all the way around later, but I'm on unemployment right now until my new job starts in 2 weeks, so funds are a little tight.
Old 06-28-07, 02:44 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Crutchfield has some other drop in options like the Infinity Basslink. If you don't want to mount the amp separately, mount it on the box. You can easily match the output and quality of a Bazooka.

-Robert