Speaker Install SC430

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-11, 05:24 PM
edmiya
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 Speaker Replacement Pics

ZGONE,
I'm about to replace my SC430 Door speakers (6x9's) and I had bookmarked your great post with the pics so when I got around to getting the speakers and doing the repair, I'd have it available. Now I find the pics are gone. Maybe I waited too long. Could you repost this one with instructions and pics please ?
Thanks,
Ed
Old 05-15-11, 07:10 PM
ZGone
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone,

I recently moved and lost my Comcast account that was hosting the photos. I am in the process of getting the pictures uploaded to my new Charter account. I will try to get these back up as soon as possible.

Thanks,
ZGone
Old 07-05-11, 02:34 PM
SWTLYNN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile SC430 Door Speakers

Can someone please repost the photos? I need to crack my door panels open and am hoping for a little guidance. THANKS!!!
Old 08-14-11, 12:13 PM
djmichel
Driver School Candidate

Default SC430 Door Removal Word Document

Attached is a word document showing how to remove the door panels.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
DoorRemoval Speaker repair.doc (903.5 KB, 1607 views)
Old 08-25-11, 05:30 PM
Daveychan
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Cool PDF version

Hi - these instructions were very useful to me, so i patched it up a bit and made it into a PDF friendly attachment. I also cleaned up the English a little to make it a little more easy to follow. (NO offense intended!)

I'm VERY grateful for the creator of this post and those who have generously given their time and effort into this!

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Door Removal Speaker Repair.pdf (838.6 KB, 1503 views)
Old 09-05-11, 10:10 AM
speakerguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by edmiya
ZGONE,
I'm about to replace my SC430 Door speakers (6x9's) and I had bookmarked your great post with the pics so when I got around to getting the speakers and doing the repair, I'd have it available. Now I find the pics are gone. Maybe I waited too long. Could you repost this one with instructions and pics please ?
Thanks,
Ed
hi i saw your ad an wanted to give u a estimate of 100 or less to put in your speakers please call me at 7723981752 i been doing this for over 3years
Old 09-05-11, 10:12 AM
speakerguy
Driver School Candidate

hi if anyone needs car work done as in stereo systems or oil changes an more just send me a messege at jcoecompany@aol.com or give me a call at 7723981752 i can give a price write when u call
Old 11-21-11, 07:54 PM
ljsrogro
Driver School Candidate

Default Pictures

There were no pictures how to remove door panel on the 2002 Lexus Sc430 on your info. Can you please email them to me? Thanks Larry sun88y@aol.com
Old 11-28-11, 06:55 AM
nervekiler
Rookie

ljs, just get a phillips screwdriver, and a 10mm socket. start undoing every screw and gently pulling. you will find more screws. keep doing this until the door panels comes out.
Old 01-30-12, 11:56 AM
DrawDog
Driver School Candidate

Sure would like to get the rear speaker replacements put into a separate PDF like the front repair.
Old 03-28-12, 10:14 AM
ZGone
Rookie

Everyone,

I have finally located the original photos and I'm working on getting them uploaded to my new service provider. I apologize for the down time. I moved from CA the TX and didn't realize that the only copy of the original photos was on an archive drive which took me some time to locate. Photos should be back up in the next day or so.

Cheers,
ZGone
Old 03-29-12, 07:18 AM
ZGone
Rookie

I FINALLY was able to get all the photos back up. Sorry for all the issues, but since the SC is my wife's ride I don't prowl this forum as often as the Z forums.

Cheers
ZGone
Old 03-31-12, 07:42 AM
jbar5563
Driver School Candidate

Default left side of speakers cutting out

Yes ,
I have a 2003 430 and the speaker sys is so jacked up its been really upsetting me ever since i bought it. It had crappy after market 6x9s in the doors , the amp was tampered with , and it sounded horrible. I replaced the 6x9s in the doors with ML's and i replaced the ML amp in the back two times. Every time i get an amp it would work fine for about a month then the sound would start cutting in and out while going over bumps and making sharp turns. So i figured it was the head unit... Nope got a new one and it was even worse. So i was fiddling around with the settings and i noticed if i put all the sound balance to the right side of the car it would play fine while going over bumps in the road. But as soon as i would put the bal just +1 over to the Left speakers the sound would cut out. What is going on do you have any advice for me and if i just replaces the stock head unit with an aftermarket one could that possibly fix this problem. I feel as if the left wiring system has a bad ground somewhere but i knew if i got a new amp it would be fine for about a month then go bad again. What should i do!!!????
Old 04-11-12, 05:29 AM
ZGone
Rookie

Originally Posted by jbar5563
Yes ,
I have a 2003 430 and the speaker sys is so jacked up its been really upsetting me ever since i bought it. It had crappy after market 6x9s in the doors , the amp was tampered with , and it sounded horrible. I replaced the 6x9s in the doors with ML's and i replaced the ML amp in the back two times. Every time i get an amp it would work fine for about a month then the sound would start cutting in and out while going over bumps and making sharp turns. So i figured it was the head unit... Nope got a new one and it was even worse. So i was fiddling around with the settings and i noticed if i put all the sound balance to the right side of the car it would play fine while going over bumps in the road. But as soon as i would put the bal just +1 over to the Left speakers the sound would cut out. What is going on do you have any advice for me and if i just replaces the stock head unit with an aftermarket one could that possibly fix this problem. I feel as if the left wiring system has a bad ground somewhere but i knew if i got a new amp it would be fine for about a month then go bad again. What should i do!!!????
Sounds like you have some bad wiring on the left side. One possible solution would be to splice in new wiring to the speakers on the left channel either as a group or one at a time to determine which one has the cut and is grounding out when jolted.
Old 04-21-12, 12:04 PM
BuddyC
Driver School Candidate

Smile Excellent Instructions for Changing Blown ML Speakers

I just wanted to say thanks for the excellent thread on changing the ML speakers. Like most, my SC430 had a ML factory-supplied 6x9 woofer go bad on the passenger side. I followed the instructions/advice/pictures from this thread and had absolutely no problem replacing the speaker. I had a factory replacement speaker so I went ahead and used it for now...but down the road, I may change out both woofers to a better speaker. My stereo sounds much better now. Thanks for the information posted here! - BC

Quick Reply: Speaker Install SC430