Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Speaker Install SC430

Old 01-01-11, 06:39 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So i read this entire thread and got everything in.. The OP stated the remote turn on wire is gray... But looking at my connectors there is no gray wire anywhere. Can someone please tell me where the remote wire is or take a picture?? I tested each and every wire on the connectors and the only wires im getting power from is two constant power wires which are the two white with red stripe wires next to eachother.. Any help would be appreciated ASAP please! Thank you

Last edited by Pnuge88; 01-01-11 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-30-11, 03:18 PM
MarkRN312
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished my install of the two front 6x9's. I used the DC Gold marine speakers, they sound great and can really hit when you turn the bass up! and an easy drop in from the old ML's. Thanks GZone.
I want to replace the subwoofer with a 8" pioneer premier 500w 4ohm shallow mount sub. Not sure what amp ill power it with, any suggestions? I haven't worked with hooking up car audio amplifiers and want to tackle this diy , does anyone have a good link for a auto. amplifier install 101 or something?
Thanks in advanced!
Old 02-21-11, 11:22 AM
thejace
Rookie

I cant seem to find any 16 ohm 8in subs, anyone know of any? Or what did you guys use?
Old 03-01-11, 06:21 PM
thejace
Rookie

umm, is it just me or are the pictures gone?
Old 03-03-11, 01:41 AM
jimmylee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ZGone
I have finally gotten around to finishing the speaker replacement/upgrade on my wife’s 2002 SC430. The woofers in the doors sounded blown like has been commented on so many times here. We just got the car and I was committed to upgrading the system because the sound system sounded really bad. After getting into this project it reinforced my opinion of factory systems. That is the high end systems that they put in these cars have decent head units and amps but the speakers are way below what would be expected. I have the Bose system in my 350Z and the speakers in that system were cheap-cheap-cheap as well.

Here is the process for replacement of the ML speakers using ones that I acquired from Parts Express. Since I was retaining the factory head unit and amp for the front and rear speakers I matched the factory 8 ohm. As you will see I replaced the factory 16 ohm sub woofer with a Polk Audio 4 ohm powered by a MA Audio amp. This gave the system that much needed punch in the low end.

Remove the large screw shown here.

Another screw to remove.

Two screws holding the rubber bumper and the push plate.

There are three screws along the bottom.

There are two plastic clips. Be careful with these because the brake easily. (I know) They are already remove here.

One last screw under the arm rest. Then lift the panel outwards from the bottom to pop the plastic clips along the front and rear edge. Lift the panel out then up to remove. Place the panel on you knee and then reach around to disconnect the two cables for the seat memory and the light. Then remove the screw holding the door lever and remove that to free the panel.
Would you be kind enough to send me these pictures? They are no longer on here.
Old 03-03-11, 01:43 AM
jimmylee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thejace
umm, is it just me or are the pictures gone?
They are gone and I need them.
Old 03-03-11, 06:40 AM
thejace
Rookie

Yeah, I need them too Even 4 years later, there are still alot of people using this thread to replace speakers in thier car. If anyone has them saved somehow, it would be awesome to get them reposted
Old 03-04-11, 07:24 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGone
I have finally gotten around to finishing the speaker replacement/upgrade on my wife’s 2002 SC430. The woofers in the doors sounded blown like has been commented on so many times here. We just got the car and I was committed to upgrading the system because the sound system sounded really bad. After getting into this project it reinforced my opinion of factory systems. That is the high end systems that they put in these cars have decent head units and amps but the speakers are way below what would be expected. I have the Bose system in my 350Z and the speakers in that system were cheap-cheap-cheap as well.

Here is the process for replacement of the ML speakers using ones that I acquired from Parts Express. Since I was retaining the factory head unit and amp for the front and rear speakers I matched the factory 8 ohm. As you will see I replaced the factory 16 ohm sub woofer with a Polk Audio 4 ohm powered by a MA Audio amp. This gave the system that much needed punch in the low end.

Remove the large screw shown here.

Another screw to remove.

Two screws holding the rubber bumper and the push plate.

There are three screws along the bottom.

There are two plastic clips. Be careful with these because the brake easily. (I know) They are already remove here.

One last screw under the arm rest. Then lift the panel outwards from the bottom to pop the plastic clips along the front and rear edge. Lift the panel out then up to remove. Place the panel on you knee and then reach around to disconnect the two cables for the seat memory and the light. Then remove the screw holding the door lever and remove that to free the panel.
No pics....where are the pics?
Old 03-04-11, 07:25 PM
mandyfig

Help...somebody...we need the pics...
Old 03-05-11, 11:38 AM
mandyfig

I have done a DIY with pictures on a repair I did on Speaker # 2, mid-range. Please check it on the SC430 forum thread, here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...nks-zgone.html
Old 03-13-11, 09:45 AM
RC1047
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Missing photo links for door panel removal

What happened to the photo links for these excellent set of instructions?

Can you please check this out and restore the links so we can use them?

Thank you.
Old 03-26-11, 09:56 AM
jkt
Driver School Candidate

found this at www. carstereoremoval dot com: for 4.99 you get 20 color pages of instructions. link would not copy.

Last edited by jkt; 03-26-11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-06-11, 06:06 PM
andyjomaha
Driver School Candidate

Default Pioneer Shallow Mount TS-SW841D

Hi all. Been looking at this thread and searching for a sub replacement that would work without adding a separate box and use the existing space. The Pioneer shallow-mount 8" TS-SW841D look like a solid option. Any thoughts from the experts? It is only 4ohm, but would use a separate amp for the sub, which I understand should not be an issue (admittedly a newbie for the tech side and would be professionally installed).

I am also looking at the recommendation from some on the Eminence alpha 6a 6.5 mids for the front doors. I see some here may have tried them and would love their feedback.

Rock on.
Old 04-18-11, 06:11 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RC1047
What happened to the photo links for these excellent set of instructions?

Can you please check this out and restore the links so we can use them?

Thank you.
If any one actually printed out the instructions.. maybe they can be posted again??
Katy
Old 05-07-11, 04:30 PM
beachbum92
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
No pics....where are the pics?
Any chance of getting this reposted with the Pic's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speaker Install SC430