Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Speaker Install SC430

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-11, 06:39 PM   #91
mIStaSC
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (17)
 
mIStaSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: fl
Posts: 3,264
Default

So i read this entire thread and got everything in.. The OP stated the remote turn on wire is gray... But looking at my connectors there is no gray wire anywhere. Can someone please tell me where the remote wire is or take a picture?? I tested each and every wire on the connectors and the only wires im getting power from is two constant power wires which are the two white with red stripe wires next to eachother.. Any help would be appreciated ASAP please! Thank you
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________

Last edited by mIStaSC; 01-01-11 at 06:45 PM..
mIStaSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 03:18 PM   #92
MarkRN312
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
MarkRN312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 30
Default

I just finished my install of the two front 6x9's. I used the DC Gold marine speakers, they sound great and can really hit when you turn the bass up! and an easy drop in from the old ML's. Thanks GZone.
I want to replace the subwoofer with a 8" pioneer premier 500w 4ohm shallow mount sub. Not sure what amp ill power it with, any suggestions? I haven't worked with hooking up car audio amplifiers and want to tackle this diy , does anyone have a good link for a auto. amplifier install 101 or something?
Thanks in advanced!
MarkRN312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 11:22 AM   #93
thejace
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 59
Default

I cant seem to find any 16 ohm 8in subs, anyone know of any? Or what did you guys use?
thejace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 06:21 PM   #94
thejace
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 59
Default

umm, is it just me or are the pictures gone?
thejace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 01:41 AM   #95
jimmylee
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: oh
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGone View Post
I have finally gotten around to finishing the speaker replacement/upgrade on my wife’s 2002 SC430. The woofers in the doors sounded blown like has been commented on so many times here. We just got the car and I was committed to upgrading the system because the sound system sounded really bad. After getting into this project it reinforced my opinion of factory systems. That is the high end systems that they put in these cars have decent head units and amps but the speakers are way below what would be expected. I have the Bose system in my 350Z and the speakers in that system were cheap-cheap-cheap as well.

Here is the process for replacement of the ML speakers using ones that I acquired from Parts Express. Since I was retaining the factory head unit and amp for the front and rear speakers I matched the factory 8 ohm. As you will see I replaced the factory 16 ohm sub woofer with a Polk Audio 4 ohm powered by a MA Audio amp. This gave the system that much needed punch in the low end.


Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Remove the large screw shown here.
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Another screw to remove.
Click the image to open in full size.

Two screws holding the rubber bumper and the push plate.
Click the image to open in full size.

There are three screws along the bottom.
Click the image to open in full size.

There are two plastic clips. Be careful with these because the brake easily. (I know) They are already remove here.
Click the image to open in full size.

One last screw under the arm rest. Then lift the panel outwards from the bottom to pop the plastic clips along the front and rear edge. Lift the panel out then up to remove. Place the panel on you knee and then reach around to disconnect the two cables for the seat memory and the light. Then remove the screw holding the door lever and remove that to free the panel.
Click the image to open in full size.
Would you be kind enough to send me these pictures? They are no longer on here.
jimmylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 01:43 AM   #96
jimmylee
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: oh
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejace View Post
umm, is it just me or are the pictures gone?
They are gone and I need them.
jimmylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 06:40 AM   #97
thejace
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 59
Default

Yeah, I need them too Even 4 years later, there are still alot of people using this thread to replace speakers in thier car. If anyone has them saved somehow, it would be awesome to get them reposted
thejace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 07:24 PM   #98
mandyfig
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 8,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGone View Post
I have finally gotten around to finishing the speaker replacement/upgrade on my wife’s 2002 SC430. The woofers in the doors sounded blown like has been commented on so many times here. We just got the car and I was committed to upgrading the system because the sound system sounded really bad. After getting into this project it reinforced my opinion of factory systems. That is the high end systems that they put in these cars have decent head units and amps but the speakers are way below what would be expected. I have the Bose system in my 350Z and the speakers in that system were cheap-cheap-cheap as well.

Here is the process for replacement of the ML speakers using ones that I acquired from Parts Express. Since I was retaining the factory head unit and amp for the front and rear speakers I matched the factory 8 ohm. As you will see I replaced the factory 16 ohm sub woofer with a Polk Audio 4 ohm powered by a MA Audio amp. This gave the system that much needed punch in the low end.


Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Remove the large screw shown here.
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Another screw to remove.
Click the image to open in full size.

Two screws holding the rubber bumper and the push plate.
Click the image to open in full size.

There are three screws along the bottom.
Click the image to open in full size.

There are two plastic clips. Be careful with these because the brake easily. (I know) They are already remove here.
Click the image to open in full size.

One last screw under the arm rest. Then lift the panel outwards from the bottom to pop the plastic clips along the front and rear edge. Lift the panel out then up to remove. Place the panel on you knee and then reach around to disconnect the two cables for the seat memory and the light. Then remove the screw holding the door lever and remove that to free the panel.
Click the image to open in full size.
No pics....where are the pics?
__________________
SC430 WGC-Ecru/RX330 Bamboo Pearl-Gray/IS350 Black Onyx-Gray
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 07:25 PM   #99
mandyfig
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 8,737
Default

Help...somebody...we need the pics...
__________________
SC430 WGC-Ecru/RX330 Bamboo Pearl-Gray/IS350 Black Onyx-Gray
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 11:38 AM   #100
mandyfig
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 8,737
Default

I have done a DIY with pictures on a repair I did on Speaker # 2, mid-range. Please check it on the SC430 forum thread, here:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...nks-zgone.html
__________________
SC430 WGC-Ecru/RX330 Bamboo Pearl-Gray/IS350 Black Onyx-Gray
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 09:45 AM   #101
RC1047
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 3
Exclamation Missing photo links for door panel removal

What happened to the photo links for these excellent set of instructions?

Can you please check this out and restore the links so we can use them?

Thank you.
RC1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 09:56 AM   #102
jkt
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: fl
Posts: 45
Default

found this at www. carstereoremoval dot com: for 4.99 you get 20 color pages of instructions. link would not copy.

Last edited by jkt; 03-26-11 at 09:59 AM..
jkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 06:06 PM   #103
andyjomaha
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE
Posts: 2
Default Pioneer Shallow Mount TS-SW841D

Hi all. Been looking at this thread and searching for a sub replacement that would work without adding a separate box and use the existing space. The Pioneer shallow-mount 8" TS-SW841D look like a solid option. Any thoughts from the experts? It is only 4ohm, but would use a separate amp for the sub, which I understand should not be an issue (admittedly a newbie for the tech side and would be professionally installed).

I am also looking at the recommendation from some on the Eminence alpha 6a 6.5 mids for the front doors. I see some here may have tried them and would love their feedback.

Rock on.
andyjomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 06:11 PM   #104
azkaty
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
azkaty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: az
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1047 View Post
What happened to the photo links for these excellent set of instructions?

Can you please check this out and restore the links so we can use them?

Thank you.
If any one actually printed out the instructions.. maybe they can be posted again??
Katy
__________________
2010 SC 430 Obsidian Black /Black July 22, 2010 build date. # 321 of 329 built. The last of this great classic car!
Eboni
azkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 04:30 PM   #105
beachbum92
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyfig View Post
No pics....where are the pics?
Any chance of getting this reposted with the Pic's
beachbum92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 04:30 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
430, back, converter, install, installation, lexus, line, ls400, remove, replace, replacement, sc, sc430, seat, speaker, subwoofer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Remove cracked center vent SMARK SC 400/300 61 06-20-14 03:28 PM
DIY - Tail Light Removal/Installation - DIY Neofate LS400 28 04-09-14 11:59 AM
My New Wheels...WedsSport SA-67R Supraman16 IS F 56 02-12-14 12:56 PM
Fun with Steelie - iPhone 5 & Garmin hnb IS - Second Generation 6 11-14-13 07:18 AM
CA FS: 2003 SC430 featured in Modified Luxury & Exotics Magazine (Southern California) bizdev_guy Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 13 01-20-13 05:16 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info