Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Theft Deterrent System not working.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 07:50 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Theft Deterrent System not working.

Is there any way to set off the theft deterrent system... i have been trying a few things just to make sure it works and so far nothing... this is a '93 SC400

-Windows down, locked car with keyless entry feature then reached in through the window and unlocked car then opened it. nothing... i also own an '03 GX470 and i did that and the alarm sounded.... also when you lock the GX with the keyless entry and then stick the key in the door to unlock it the alarm sounds.

So are there any other ways to test and make sure that it for sure works...

thanks-
Old 06-08-07, 12:32 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an LS, and my alarm used to trigger that way (windows down doors locked), but now the driver's side door doesn't trigger like that. Does your other door trigger the alarm? When you try this, is your red security light flashing?
Old 06-08-07, 05:20 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

The Security light is flashing and i just tried it again this morning... i first locked the doors then went over to the passenger side and unlocked it through the window... nothing, however, when i did that to the driver's side the alarm sounded... so why is it that it only alarms when it's the driver's side rather then the passenger?
Old 06-08-07, 09:49 PM
wolfman75
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got a 2000 GS 400. The master key with the remote button on the car locks and unlocks the vehicle fine (with the flashing light and beeping chirp), and the car drives fine, all the stuff that you would test out during a test drive. The other day, I was curious as to whether the siren sounds like a horn or other noise.

So I rolled down the driver side window and locked the car with the remote key. The LED stayed solid red, and after waiting a minute, I opened the door by REACHING INSIDE and PHYSICALLY unlock the lever, and opening the door. The alarm DID NOT GO OFF?!??!?!

Is it busted or am I just not performing the right test?

Please advise!
Old 06-08-07, 10:59 PM
tritron
Lead Lap

If you want to protect your car then factory alarm is not good enough. You need aftermarket alarm with two sensors. Now factory alarm is armed and disarmed with locking and unlocking the car. when you open the does the lights come on. You need to make sure that door trigers are working fine. what hapends if you push unlock button on drivers door ?
Old 06-09-07, 03:30 PM
wolfman75
Driver School Candidate

i just didn't wait long enuf... apparently the alarm doesnt' arm until maybe 2 minutes after you armed it.
Old 06-10-07, 10:24 AM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SCpwner
Is there any way to set off the theft deterrent system... i have been trying a few things just to make sure it works and so far nothing... this is a '93 SC400

-Windows down, locked car with keyless entry feature then reached in through the window and unlocked car then opened it. nothing... i also own an '03 GX470 and i did that and the alarm sounded.... also when you lock the GX with the keyless entry and then stick the key in the door to unlock it the alarm sounds.

So are there any other ways to test and make sure that it for sure works...

thanks-
You need to wait for about 30 seconds I believe until it arms. Just wait until the security light starts blinking, then it will be armed.
Old 06-10-07, 11:11 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Yea i seemed to have figured that out a while ago... i just went out and tried it again... thanks guys for your help too hope you helped wolfman as well
Old 06-10-07, 03:35 PM
wolfman75
Driver School Candidate

Ok, the alarm actually works, I waited two minutes before opening the door, and it went off.

*However, I do notice a strange phenomenon. Every time I start driving the car after getting in, the LED light for the alarm blinks twice-pause-twice-pause-twice...etc. continuously for about 15 minutes before it goes complete black(off). Any idea why? Is that some sort of an indicator/warning light that is trying to tell me something is short?