Sponsored by:

How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-07, 07:22 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by lex bubble

Above is a (bad cell phone) pic of the smaller of the 2 harness' on my factory amp. The pink/blue wire would be pin 1 (I believe?). Could you cross reference the factory diagram that you have? The pinout that you provided (thanks, by the way) doesn't match what I'm seeing on my factory amp. Or I made a mistake and I'm looking at the wrong harness. Thanks in advance for all you help, bro.

Just to reiterate, I have a '94 ES300 with the factory stereo/6-disc changer.

Thanks!
i think u have hte wrong harness, the one u need is the one that has a total of 12 wires on it, with some blank spots.

MAY be orange but dont know on the ES. post a pic of hte other connector
Old 05-01-07, 09:52 PM
Ajnabi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey PureDrifter, i have couple of questions for this.

1. I have 3 12v 40amp relays and 1 12v 30amp sitting around.. will these work?

2. I am not seeing the trigger / switch setup. From reading the posts i think you need to give it a 12v connection from the switch to the relay? If you have a pic of this that would be great.

3. Could you get me the wires / clip for the 98 GS400 Nak system?

thanks in advance
Old 05-01-07, 10:29 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by Ajnabi
Hey PureDrifter, i have couple of questions for this.

1. I have 3 12v 40amp relays and 1 12v 30amp sitting around.. will these work?

2. I am not seeing the trigger / switch setup. From reading the posts i think you need to give it a 12v connection from the switch to the relay? If you have a pic of this that would be great.

3. Could you get me the wires / clip for the 98 GS400 Nak system?

thanks in advance

1-yes, they should, as long as all are the correct type.

3-sure
you need the physically largest connector behind hte radio headunit, that has 12pins but only 7wires coming out of it.

signal____clr______pin
CDR+____Black____1
CDL+____Red_____2
CDR-____White____6
CDL-____Green____7

Last edited by PureDrifter; 05-08-11 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-02-07, 05:41 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Any tips for first gen gs with the pioneer system??
Old 05-02-07, 08:13 AM
Ajnabi
Driver School Candidate

cool thanks. i'll be waiting for it..
Old 05-10-07, 08:44 AM
contentryd
Driver School Candidate

my changer does not work, or my receiver does not want to switch over to the changer when i press CD...it stays at FM or TAPE...will this hardwire work with a messed up changer?
Old 05-10-07, 03:18 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by contentryd
my changer does not work, or my receiver does not want to switch over to the changer when i press CD...it stays at FM or TAPE...will this hardwire work with a messed up changer?
no.

the headunit needs to be able to switch the CD input in order for this to work properly.
Old 05-11-07, 12:38 PM
sixp5
Driver School Candidate

Default Is this pre Amp ?

Puredrifter,
This is a picture of the connectors of my 1992 LS400 with Nackamichi, (1)I could not find an amp except for the woofer amp (drivers side trunk) there is also no amp under the cd player. I am assuming that the amp is integrated in the head unit? (2) The blue (marked 1) connector has the 1,pink 2,violet 6,green 5,blue pins. They could also conceivably be tapped at the cd player which has the same wires in the same config also a blue connector. Where should I apply your mod? I tried to attach more than one photo but am unsure how, I have more pictures which may help others with this mod on a 1st Gen LS400. I am doing the climate control lcd replacement so I have to remove all this stuff anyway. What would be great is adding an input to the Nak pcb while I have it all apart. If anyone has done it at the pcb level please post it. Thanks for your time Puredrifter.
Attached Thumbnails How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo-alt-lex-connectors-2-.jpg  
Old 05-11-07, 03:45 PM
sixp5
Driver School Candidate

Default This is the top of the cd changer

The other connector is on top of the cd changer
Attached Thumbnails How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo-3-2-.jpg  
Old 05-11-07, 03:49 PM
sixp5
Driver School Candidate

Default Woofer amp

This is the woofer Amp
Attached Thumbnails How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo-4-2-.jpg  
Old 05-11-07, 04:15 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

on ur LS the CD changer is wired directly to the Headunit. so to intercept the signal u could cut either behind the headunit or behind the CD changer.

CD changer u want the big connector that you marked 3.
headunit u want the 14pin (biggest) connector that i think is marked as 1 (i think thats it, assuming the wires above it are for the AC controls.
Old 05-11-07, 04:47 PM
sixp5
Driver School Candidate

Smile Aux input

I spent two hours writing the pinout in paint and its too small to read !! Here is a closeup of the HU connecter it goes to the changer I believe, with the 1 Pink Cdr+(which looks white in the picture),2 Violet Cdl+,5 Blue Cdr- ( which is labled L in the wiring diag),6 green Cdr+,. As soon as we find out where to tap we will get at her.
Attached Thumbnails How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo-closeup-of-connector-2-.jpg  
Old 05-11-07, 11:01 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by sixp5
I spent two hours writing the pinout in paint and its too small to read !! Here is a closeup of the HU connecter it goes to the changer I believe, with the 1 Pink Cdr+(which looks white in the picture),2 Violet Cdl+,5 Blue Cdr- ( which is labled L in the wiring diag),6 green Cdr+,. As soon as we find out where to tap we will get at her.
lawl, shoulda told me u needed the pinout

this is for the CD changer connector behind the HU.
signal____clr______pin
CDR+____Pink______1
CDL+____Violet_____2
CDR-____Blue_______7
CDL-____Lt. Green___8

enjoy
Old 05-12-07, 08:41 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

PureD

I need your help, I need your help. I am ready to install the device but I have ZERO clue how and were to connect some wires. I read your instruction on your other CL link but I have some wires that I have no clue where they go???

One is the switch and the other is some wires with a ring at the end....? Pleas reply so that I can install this tomarrow. My wife and daughter are away this weekend and I have time to do it. If not I will have to wait a couple of weeks and that will suck big time...

Jerry
Old 05-12-07, 09:29 AM
sixp5
Driver School Candidate

Default Correction

Originally Posted by sixp5
Correction
Green is pin 7 and blue is pin 8 in this picture. Not 5 and 6 as I marked them.

Yes, Purdrifter this is the connector to the head unit, thanks for the correct pinout, I was getting confused, I think its old age.
Attached Thumbnails How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo-closeup-of-connector-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo