Sponsored by:

How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-11, 07:40 AM
denIS200
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by denIS200
Can someone help me to find the 2001 LS 430's diagram?

Thanks,
Denis.
Bump

Thanks,
Denis.
Old 04-29-11, 06:02 PM
asianrob
Driver

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
CDR- 9 White
CDR+ 10 Black
CDL- 11 Green
CDL+ 12 Red

wiring is for the plug at the cd changer.

see my note on Nakamichi systems, the best place for you to intercept the signal is right behind the cd changer
ive gotten this far and still hasnt worked for me and also behind the head unit also.
Old 05-03-11, 12:22 AM
ikant
Rookie

After reading all 40 pages, I admire so many who have successfully complete this project. Pure, really excellent thread. [CUMan, thank you for the suggestion from the other thread post]

But I must ask if anyone has the pin-out for the 2ES at the Changer side--this will be much easier for me to access. As soon as I get the diagram/information on the four pins, my project will begin. Have RCA's, jacks and cabling ready to go.
Old 05-03-11, 07:26 AM
CUMan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ikant
After reading all 40 pages, I admire so many who have successfully complete this project. Pure, really excellent thread. [CUMan, thank you for the suggestion from the other thread post]

But I must ask if anyone has the pin-out for the 2ES at the Changer side--this will be much easier for me to access. As soon as I get the diagram/information on the four pins, my project will begin. Have RCA's, jacks and cabling ready to go.
I have the sound system wiring schematic for the 94 ES in a PDF format.

Will need your e-mail address. Send me a PM.
Old 05-03-11, 10:20 AM
ikant
Rookie

Originally Posted by CUMan
I have the sound system wiring schematic for the 94 ES in a PDF format.

Will need your e-mail address. Send me a PM.
PM sent...
Old 05-05-11, 11:58 AM
ikant
Rookie

UPdate:

Install was a success!! No more hiss, scratch, hash, distortion, interference or frequency response RESTRICTION--full on audio!!! Thank you CUMan for the added information and assistance, Pure for researching, trailblazing and sharing this thread, and everyone for the huge incentive from reading your posts. Project number two; complete. [Next; (modest) amp and sub]
Old 05-19-11, 12:25 PM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question.

I have an eclipse double din. Everything is hooked up as it should be, but as with most radio's this double din does not have an input for video/audio -- let me rephrase that; it does have an input but you need to buy a special proprietary eclipse device and cable which is either hard to find and then you'll have to run wires and find placement etc.

I dont have a factory cd player mounted or connected and my GS came with a pioneer radio. No amp in the trunk, or what not (might be mistaken to think that some GS's came with the amp in the trunk. Forgive me.

Now I want to use my factory radio/double din but also want to be able to plug up my iphone/headphone jack to the system. Whats the best and most logical way to do this aside from sourcing the proprietary oem eclipse items.

Any help/advice?
Old 05-20-11, 11:08 AM
Rey
Pole Position

Originally Posted by starfyrels
I have a question.

I have an eclipse double din. Everything is hooked up as it should be, but as with most radio's this double din does not have an input for video/audio -- let me rephrase that; it does have an input but you need to buy a special proprietary eclipse device and cable which is either hard to find and then you'll have to run wires and find placement etc.

I dont have a factory cd player mounted or connected and my GS came with a pioneer radio. No amp in the trunk, or what not (might be mistaken to think that some GS's came with the amp in the trunk. Forgive me.

Now I want to use my factory radio/double din but also want to be able to plug up my iphone/headphone jack to the system. Whats the best and most logical way to do this aside from sourcing the proprietary oem eclipse items.

Any help/advice?
Its not gonna work if you dont have a stock cd changer. What eclipse unit do you have? Its possible you can use an ipod/iphone interface if its a recent model instead of the aux input.
Old 05-21-11, 11:24 AM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rey
Its not gonna work if you dont have a stock cd changer. What eclipse unit do you have? Its possible you can use an ipod/iphone interface if its a recent model instead of the aux input.
i have an avn 52d. any suggestions?
Old 05-23-11, 11:50 AM
Rey
Pole Position

Originally Posted by starfyrels
i have an avn 52d. any suggestions?
not familiar with your model but this is cheap enough to try:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECLIPSE-INPUT-HE...item41559f53bb
Old 05-26-11, 10:48 PM
Rey
Pole Position

Does anyone know how to wire a 4pdt relay? I got a 5 amp 12vdc 4pdt relay from a local electronics store but don't know how I would wire it. I have some Bosch spdt relays on order as well and will probably build one for my one of my buddies but would like to use the 4pdt as it seems like less work and takes up less space. This is going in a 95 LS with nak so I'm assuming I will need to intercept the signal between the head unit and changer, behind either one. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-27-11, 06:30 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rey
Does anyone know how to wire a 4pdt relay? I got a 5 amp 12vdc 4pdt relay from a local electronics store but don't know how I would wire it. I have some Bosch spdt relays on order as well and will probably build one for my one of my buddies but would like to use the 4pdt as it seems like less work and takes up less space. This is going in a 95 LS with nak so I'm assuming I will need to intercept the signal between the head unit and changer, behind either one. Any help is appreciated.
It works the same as the 4 spdt. It's just in one package. Less wiring, smaller size.
Old 05-27-11, 09:11 AM
Rey
Pole Position

I know its the same I just dont know how to wire it. The pins are labeled from 1 to 14 which doesnt correspond to the numbers on a spdt relay so I cant use any of the schematics on the original post.
Old 05-27-11, 09:17 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rey
I know its the same I just dont know how to wire it. The pins are labeled from 1 to 14 which doesnt correspond to the numbers on a spdt relay so I cant use any of the schematics on the original post.
Don't have time to post a pic now, but I've got one that'll help. I'll try and post it over the weekend.
Old 05-27-11, 10:32 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Rey
google or a new thread will be your friend.....

Quick Reply: How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo