fierce gs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id say 70 pages
Old 12-09-01, 08:56 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Sounds good so far, can't wait till your finished.
Old 12-09-01, 09:01 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Finishing page 31 on active crossovers. 70 is a good guess. You may win a "no prize"

Percy
Old 12-10-01, 04:59 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds good man!! soon its gonna be a 1000page manuel regarded as the best electronics manuel in the whole world for lexus!!! :eek:
Old 12-18-01, 06:28 PM
Percy

Progress report...

Front door installation/teardown finished.
Rear door installation/teardown finished.
Subwoofer/rear deck installation/teardown finished.

Starting work on LLC's and Amps. On page 40 right now.

Just got in Gene's pics of his installation and the negs. Time for some photo/negs scanning.

Looks like I'll offer 2 versions. One is black and white, easy to get out fast. 1200x1200dpi on Lexmark Optra R+ 16ppm printer. The other version that I have in mind is a 4 color. Probably HP laser at Kinko's.

B&W version is priced at around 20. Color more expensive. Then there's the ultimate version in where all the photos are printed at 2400x1200 dpi, 6 color, glossy paper. High 30's due to all the glossy paper, time and ink consumed. Will look awesome though. BETTER than any of the art books. Art books are scanned in at 400dpi, printed at 200 lines per inch. The ULTIMATE version will have at least 600 lines per inch. You can almost smell the leather from the pics.

Should I offer an ULTIMATE version?

Percy
Old 12-18-01, 10:03 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

::droool:::..ultimate version sounds awesome...but i dont think many people will buy it. the black and white one seems like itll do the job 100% fine. but i want the one that i could get the quickest..i dont care if its in pencil..lol...i just wanna begin my install =)..

no rush though..perfection takes time ;p
Old 12-20-01, 08:16 PM
victor
Rookie

Default Percy's Book

I want one when you are done Percy. Let me know the cost when it is ready. And by the way....................Hurry Up!

Victor
Old 12-20-01, 09:50 PM
Percy

Just finished scanning in all of Gene's installation. Geez...talk about a competition system! Fiberglass, cutting of the rear deck, kick pods...the works. I'm dedicating a back section of the book just for his installation!

Percy
Old 12-21-01, 10:01 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it's comming allong very well.
Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-01, 08:32 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice SPL!!! the great stuff for young kids like me!! hahaha
Old 12-23-01, 09:00 AM
fierce gs
Pole Position

percy..is it almost done yet? hehe. could u give us an estimate of the arrival date. and say like plus ur minus a week if your not that sure. just want an idea of when this will be done.

thanks
Old 12-23-01, 07:56 PM
Percy

fierce,

I'd say another 3 weeks. Maybe sooner. I just finished the comprehensive comparison between MBQ Q series 218.61Q vs the Dynaudio MW160/MD100 combo. Interesting facts...the MBQ has a peak distortion of 6 percent (!) at 90hz. MBQ didn't have enough room on the graph to plot it down to their CLAIMED 35hz starting point for the 6.5 inch driver. My guess is that it would have been around 15 to 20 percent distortion at that point.

Dyn was alot more conservative. At 55hz, their revised starting point for the MW160, distortion was at 3 percent peak. Most of the time it was below 1 percent. An excellent performer.

I'm on page 52. Starting a section on what to look for when amp shopping.

Percy
Old 12-24-01, 11:29 AM
fierce gs
Pole Position

are you done with all the install stuff? if so, could i get that part right now? i really dont need the shopping for amp stuff and other miscleanous things..just need all the tear down procedures for the whole car. ill pay you for the full thing..i just wanna get started asap. and it doesnt have to be nice or anything..you could print it out on your printer and just put it in a big envelope without any binding.

thanks
Old 12-24-01, 03:15 PM
Percy

Fierce,

I'm almost done with the entire installation. But I still have to go through the head unit teardown and installation as well as the interconnect and power runs.

Just how much are you installing? If you don't need the aftermarket head unit or the power runs then I can get the book out to you.

Status report...

On page 58 right now. Interconnect discussion is done as well as amp discussion. Been typing for a few hours now!

Percy
Old 12-24-01, 05:39 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

im going to replace everything. going with a new head unit..i thought u were done with all the install stuff because u started on the topics of what to shop for and stuff..ill wait till the installation stuff is 100% complete. ill get back to you in a week. i guess for now ill start working on the compartment where my spare is supposed to be and build in the amp racks and stuff..that should keep me busy for a while. well i guess ill wait for the whole thing. im rushing this..i need more patience. hehe

Quick Reply: Maybe I should...