Sponsored by:

Alarm Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-07, 02:41 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Issue

Here is the deal (and yes i searched). I have a 92 sc300 with a viper alarm w-keyless entry that was already in the car when I got it. It has worked flawlessly since I have had it untill last week. While I was away on vacation I locked the car with keys in the door to not activate the viper alarm because I didnt want it going off while I was away. I have done this many times before with no issue. After about 3 days the alarm started going off, but it wasnt the viper alarm but instead the beep and lights flash from the facory alarm. It would shut off when the viper unlock was hit but then it would go off again in about 2 mins. The car is locked with the viper alarm, keys in my hand. After a couple of mins the ignition starts to beep randomly and i can head the locks open or lock, then the factory alarm goes off. I have unhooked the battery for days but the same thing happens. Even if i dont arm the car and just close the doors after a couple of mins the factory alarm starts to go off. I hate electronics and havent attempted looking into it much at all yet. Does anyone have any recomendations? This is keeping me from driving the car, because whenever I stop I have to disconnect the battery to keep the alarm from going off

Sorry about the super long ramble on, but I wanted to be very specific

thanks
Blair
Old 01-26-07, 09:19 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

Damn.. over a week on here and no thoughts??

I would love to be driving my car

Wish i was allowed to post this on the SC forum
Old 01-27-07, 01:49 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blair,
On my other 92' SC300 and the only way to truly prevent this problem is to bypass the facory keyless and alarm. You have to run the viper through the same harness though(just for the keyless aspect). It is time consuming to do on your own and I wouldnt have a shop without any SC experience handle this. I went through the same issues you are having and I am not too sure about the starting problem and shuting off. Maybe the brain for the viper needs replacing or has popped a wire inside. There are tons of problems with SC's and aftermarket alarms with doing a piggyback integration. It's all about how it was installed. If worst comes to worst yank the viper and deal with the horrible key button keyless entry on the factory keys. Best of luck. any more q's pm or post
~Travis
Old 01-27-07, 06:31 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

awesome.. appreciate the responce

Thanks a lot

my post may have not been too clear.. the car itself doesnt start and shut off.. the factory alarm does

Looks like the viper will be comming out. As of right now the factory key with the keyless button on the side doesnt work. Is that because the viper has overiden the stock keyless entry. When it comes down to it I dont care about the alarm. But I would like the keyless entry

Last edited by yelloa3gti; 01-27-07 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-28-07, 10:39 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the harness connections and the battery in the key take it apart clean the terminals inside with a pencil eraser. It may just be the key/keys. Other than that its all about time, money and or patience.
~Travis