Sponsored by:

CD Player Not Working - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-06, 06:58 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CD Player Not Working - Please Help

Okay guys I was on my way into work playing some cd's (commercial bought) and all of a sudden it started skipping and skipping... I played this cd last night and it was fine. Then the audio system shut off on its own. I put it back on but it went to 'FM1' mode and started playing the radio. While the radio was playing I heard the cd start playing at the same time. I ejected the cartridge and placed it back, it happened again so I did the same thing. This time it did not play the radio and the cd at the same time, just the radio played. I tried to change modes using the steering wheels controls and the navi but it wouldn't change to 'CD' mode. I can still eject the cd's but it won't play.

Let me tell you the series of events that happened within a 24 hour period. It's nothing major but these cars can be so sensitive at times.
  • left the car in the driveway overnight
  • temperature was about 40+ not over 45/9
  • todays weather - overcast expected to rain but no rain yet
  • the
owners manual in the glovebox which took a little effort to close

I have a 01' GS430 with Nav so I don't know if this will help or not but just giving as much info as possible. I'm heading out of town tomorrow and I love my music. I mostly listen to cd's considering how much garbage is on the radio. I will take it to the dealer if I can't get resolution; the car has been sitting for almost an hour now. I'm going to try and see if it plays again. I never had a problem with the cd player. Please help!!! Thanks.
Old 12-21-06, 07:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Did you try to change the cds to make sure they aren't the problem? And make sure they're in the right face up / face down direction?
Old 12-21-06, 07:36 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Did you try to change the cds to make sure they aren't the problem? And make sure they're in the right face up / face down direction?
Yes I tried that and they were facing the correct way and it still didn't work. I just came from the parking lot trying to see if the cd player will work as mentioned in some of the post I read regarding problems with the cd player and it's now working again.

Is this something that typically happens to everyone and it's just a matter of time or what? Is there a fix from this happening again or a sign that it's going bad and I will need to get a new one; does anyone know what cause this to happen anyway? Thank Dave for the suggestion.
Old 12-21-06, 07:38 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

You put all new CDs in?

Or just checked to make sure they were facing the right direction?

Try it with just one new one.
Old 12-21-06, 08:42 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

I just checked to make sure they were facing the in the right direction. I'm going to test it out later today with each tray (one tray/CD) and then add another tray until it's full.