Sponsored by:

I got my baby back! :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-06, 05:41 AM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my baby back! :)

yeah so itz been 4 months worth of work....my buddy did the install on his free time..thats why it took so long to complete..but let me kno what you guys think!

more pics and details laterrrrr since its almost 6am and i havent gone to bed...

Old 11-04-06, 08:12 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

not too bad. more better quality pics please

older Rockford woofers, nice.
Old 11-04-06, 01:17 PM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

yeah ill get some better quality pics up soon...i need to borrow my cousins camera then i can take pics of all the little details
Old 11-05-06, 01:48 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

better pics would be great, that setup looks really good, but how does it sound? =)
Old 11-05-06, 09:01 AM
@lpher
Lead Lap

RF HX2 Punch or Power? ...and what amps are you running?
Old 11-11-06, 10:56 PM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

ok so i finally get a day off to get some pics....

heres the equipment list..

Components:
Alpine CDA-9856
Audio Control Epic-160
Cadence MMX-5 5 1/4" Component set in stock door locations.
Audiobahn ABC4002Q 4" Componet set in stock rear deck locations.
(1)Kenwood KAC 8142 4-channel front/rear mids.
(2)Kenwood KAC 9152D's (one for each sub)
(2)Rockford Fosgate HX2 15's (srry not power series)
(1)Kenwood bass **** (hidden/left side of ashtray/storage)
~about 30ft^2 of FATMAT in trunk and over gas tank (which is in the trunk)
0ga power/grnd at battery.
Big 3 (not all vis in pics...cell cam sux)
8ga JL audio speaker wire to each sub.
-I modded the stock bose "boxes" in the front doors to accept the bigger magnets on the aftermarket 5 1/4's
-Modded the rear deck mounting rings and made sealed "pods" that hang under the rear deck.
-Made a trim ring to fill in around the Epic-160 in dash.
-cut 2-4" ports in rear deck to let it breathe better (there is already the hole from the missing STOCK 10" sub in the center of the rear deck)
-Built fiberglass/mdf box: 5ft^ft slot ported to RF rec'd specs...looks small to me but its sounds good...COULD prolly be louder but no room for port as I designed the box.
-Amp racks on both sides of trunk for the sub amps.
-Amp rack for 4chann midrange amp in center is fiberglassed/painted white and has a lexus "L" on the front in "negative" (everything else glows) glow-paint.
-MDF rear deck "port" or "air channelling" (section-see pics) to "funnel"/force bass into car.
-Everything is either white vinyled or painted white/glowpaint.
-Blue neons make the glow paint work and turn the trunk blue (wired to trunk light)
-It looks built in but can all be removed if the car goes in for repairs/fender benders.

FULL WRITE UP CAN BE SEEN HERE>>> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/for...p?topic=1535.0

and here goes a little better quality pics i just snapped...not the best..

let me kno what you guys think.....

the way it sounds...crisp and clear highs almost perfect maybe could be better with a little tuning...but they are screamers

i havent turned up the bass ALL the way yet....since i dont have my 2nd battery installed yet, my voltage drops alot if im really bumpin it so untill then ill play it safe and just break in the subs lol

and one more thing...i have only 2 rattles throughout the whole car...one is the 3rd brake light, lightbulb...gonna take it appart and tape it down...and second is my sunroof...it always rattled before...does anybody kno how to fix that? (its coming from the driver side rail?)

all in all i love it and it was worth the wait

now i gotta wait till winter break for him to take it out, so i can install my tein cs lol since he told me he needed a break first

okay and that is alll thanks!
Old 11-12-06, 01:55 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

good job. the 2 extra grills in the back are the ports right??? maybe you could find something a lil more low profile. where did you place ur tweeters for the rear??
Old 11-12-06, 08:25 AM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kietlander
good job. the 2 extra grills in the back are the ports right??? maybe you could find something a lil more low profile. where did you place ur tweeters for the rear??

the tweeters in the rear were custom fitted to sit on top of the mid to make it into a coax like speaker...lol call it ghettofied or whatnot

but as for the 2 extra grills in the back....the stock woofer location and the 2 mini grills are ports...my components are in the stock locations.
The look of it really doesnt bother me because i rarely look at them..i cant see them unless im going into the back seat..and you cant see them from the outside of the car because i have 5% tint lol

you can read more about the build and see pics of how he made the lil bracket for the component/coax speakers in the link i posted up there

thanks alot