Old 10-02-06, 05:50 PM
blade80
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation on SC300?

Just bought 1995 SC300 today.
I'm trying to get an after market Navi and i was thinking on this model
Pioneer AVIC-D1 Double 2 Din CAR Navigation system CD

Specs are, and Ebay was selling this for $599 with good feedback score, looks really nice to me but just trying to see what do you guyz thinking on this. and anyone had this before???i like know if its a good navigation unit.
thanks.

The Revolution Goes On the Latest Navigation Systems from Pioneer
Pioneer's AVIC-D1 is Pioneer's newest navigation system, designed to be easy to use as well as easy on the eyes. The large 6.5-inch display panel is easy to read, the touch panel provides intuitive operation, and the layout delivers user-friendly operation by positioning the basic control keys around the screen for easy reach. The unit is designed to fit into many modern vehicles with a "factory-fit" style, melding unobtrusively into the vehicle dashboard. Of course, the AVIC-D1 provides a full media experience with AM/FM radio, CD, MP3 and WMA, and more. Additionally, the system is ready to deliver detailed traffic information for major cities in conjunction with the XM NavTraffic service and an optional XM Radio tuner.

Two DVD-ROMs with Massive Tele Atlas Map Database
Pioneer Navigation Systems come with two DVD-ROMs containing a massive Tele Atlas database, which enables the units to provide the largest network of turn-by-turn routable roads. Within seconds, the system?s extremely fast processor calculates multiple routes and provides directions to any destination via electronic map and voice prompts. The discs provide nearly 11 million points of interest (POI) throughout the United States and Canada, including Alaska and Hawaii. The system sorts 258 categories to make finding the nearest gas station, ATM or restaurant easy. As you're guided along your route, points of interest are overlaid onto the map as colorful, easy-to-recognize logos and icons.

"Factory-Fit" Style
The AVIC-D1 is designed for a perfect fit in many vehicles that feature a "double-DIN" size. The system seems to meld into the dashboard, providing a fit and finish similar to the factory systems. The front panel is motorized to provide access to the hidden disc slots, and the default position can be set to any of 6 choices for the optimum viewing angle. Buttons for important features are positioned for easy operation.

Touch Panel Operation
Using Pioneer's navigation system is a snap. Just touch large, bright icons on the screen to navigate menus, plot routes, or change map views. An easy to read status indicator provides current location information, turn distances and approximate time to destination. The touch screen has extremely fast response rates and a wide viewing angle.

Double Disc Slot
Taking advantage of the large, double-DIN size, the AVIC-D1 hides two separate disc slots behind its face panel ? one for navigation map DVD-ROM and one for CD (audio CD or MP3/WMA). Music from the CD player or other audio source can be enjoyed while the navigator is in operation ? in other words, there is no need to eject the map DVD-ROM.

Audio Entertainment System
The AVIC-D1 is a full-featured audio entertainment system. Listen to AM/FM radio from the high-performance Supertuner IIID tuner. A separate CD drive in the unit provides playback of most compact discs, MP3 and WMA CDs, all with maximum power (MOSFET50) and sound performance (Easy EQ). The system is compatible with Pioneers iPodŽ adapter (CD-IB100 ) for those who want to listen to music stored on their iPod while in the car.

XM NavTraffic Ready
XM NavTraffic* powered by NAVTEQ Traffic allows Pioneer Navigation Systems to serve as a powerful tool that helps the driver understand traffic conditions and routes the driver to their destination avoiding traffic congestion. using the available GEX-P10XMT XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio Tuner, the traffic information is provided through a continuous satellite broadcast as XM NavTraffic?, with data which is aggregated by NAVTEQ Traffic from multiple sources ? including leading commercial traffic data providers, government departments of transportation, police and emergency services, road sensors, cameras and airborne reports. If there is a traffic jam on the route to your destination, the Navigation System will automatically alert you of the traffic ahead, and suggest any alternate route found by the unit.
* Requires XM radio subscription and XM NavTraffic service subscriptions sold separately.

Enhanced Graphical XM Audio Interface
When combined with the GEX-P10XMT, the AVIC-D1 features a new user-friendly interface with specific icons for channels and categories. Each of more than 120 XM Radio channels comes with a specific icon. This ensures easy channel identification, especially when searching with the ?List Search? function. Channel categories also come with specific icons, for intuitive selection among corresponding channels. Favorite musicians, albums, and songs may be registered with MEMO key. The unit can alert passengers when a song (of the registered album and/or artist) is being played on another channel.

Rear View Camera Capability
Keep an eye on your backside using the optional Rear View Camera (ND-BC1 ). Two rear-view modes are offered: while you?re in reverse the rear-view camera can be in full screen. Or while moving forward, you can also see what?s behind you with the rear-view split screen, which displays both the navigation map and the rear-view camera image.

Roadside Assistance Display
The AVIC-D1 ensures extremely easy access to roadside assistance information. The unit shows emergency phone numbers and your current location ? by street name, city, and state, plus longitude and latitude. The units also display any personal information you've entered, including vehicle identification number, insurance number, and insurance company phone number. There is even a dedicated icon for easily locating the nearest car dealer. Additionally, 1-Year Emergency Roadside Assistance Service is offered free of charge.

* Screen Size/Aspect Ratio 6.5 inch / 16:9

* Pixels 336,960 (1,440 x 234)

* Touch Panel

* Anti-Glare Screen Coating AG

* Background Picture 8 Navi, 11 A/V

* Import Custom BG Pictures No

* Dimmer Control Intelligent

* Picture Adjustment Brightness, Contrast, Color, Hue, Dimmer Settings

* 5 Selectable Viewing Modes

* Motorized Display Open/Close

* Selectable Angle Setting 6 Settings

* Automatic Display Positioning

* DVD/CD Player

* Drives Included 2 (CD, DVD-ROM)

* DVD Video Playback No (Navi DVD-ROM only)

* CD Playback CD/CD-R/-RW

* Compressed Audio MP3/WMA (CD)

* ID3 Tag / WMA Text ID3 / WMA

* CD Text

* Auto Scroll

* CD Track List X (CD Text Only)

* MP3/WMA Track List MP3 / WMA

* Sampling Frequency 32/44.1/48kHz

* Quantization Bits 16/20/24-bit:Linear

* Frequency Response 5 ~ 44,000Hz at 96khz

* Signal-to-Noise Ratio 97db (1kHz)

* Dynamic Range 95db (1kHz)

* Distortion 0.008% (1kHz)

* Number of Channels 2ch

* Navigation

* Navigation Type Built-in DVD-ROM (Always On)

* Map Data 2 DVD-ROM (CNDV-50MT)

* Coverage Area US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii

* Data Size 15GB

* Memory Navigation Mode Not Required

* Home Area Map Memory Not Required

* High-Performance 32-bit RISC CPU

* Exclusive 32-bit Postioning CPU

* Exclusive Graphic Processor

* 3D Hybrid Sensor (Gyro & G-Force)

* GPS Receiver and Antenna 8 Channel (Included)

* Voice Instructions Playback Recorded Voice

* Touch Screen Operation

* Points of Interest (POI) 11 Million

* Brand Icon POI's Included

* POI Database Categories 258

* POI Categories by Brand Included

* POI Shortcut Keys Included

* Detailed City Map 12

* XM NavTraffic Ready

* Emergency Mode Display

* 1-Year Roadside Assistance Included

* Display Modes 5

* Vehicle Dynamics Display (VDD) Included

* Vehicle Dynamics Skins 5 (Original, Carbon, Hologram, Sharp Metal, Classic)

* VDD Gauge Selections 7 (Voltage, Clock, Direction, Slope, Acceleration, Side Acceleration, Angular Velocity)

* TV Tuner

* TV Tuner Optional GEX-P5700TV or GEX-P6400TV

* AM/FM Tuner

* Supertuner Supertuner IIID

* 24-Station/6-Button (18FM/6FM) Presets

* BSM (Best Stations Memory)

* Receiver Features

* IP-Bus System Control

* XM Satellite Ready Yes (Enhanced Graphical)

* Sirius Radio Ready Yes (External)

* iPod Adapter Ready Yes (External)

* Multi-CD Control

* DVD Control

* Auxiliary Input CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 required

* External Unit Control 2

* AV-Bus Input

* Composite A/V Input 1 (AV1)

* Back-Up Camera Input

* Rear-View Camera Mode

* Composite A/V Output Video Output

* Audio Features

* Built-in Speaker Power MOSFET 50W x 4

* Continuous Power Output 22W x 4

* Equalizer EEQ (3-Band Parametric)

* EQ-EX * Loudness 3 Mode

* Source Level Adjuster (SLA)

* High-Pass Crossover (HPF) 50/80/125Hz, -12dB/Oct.

* Subwoofer Crossover (LPF) 50/80/125Hz, -18dB/Oct., +/-12dB

* RCA Preouts 3 pair (Front, Rear, Sub)

* Preout Voltage 2V, 100 Ohm

* Remote Control Optional (CD-SR11)

* Wired Remote Input

* Dimensions (Main Chassis) 2DIN (7" x 4" x 6-1/2")
Old 10-02-06, 07:06 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

d1 is the old model. u can find an avic d2 at sounddomain.com for 850 with free shipping. and it comes with an ipod adapter free. this is a great price. and o yeah the best part, u get full warrenty from pioneer if u buy from sounddomain. u wont get any warrenty if u buy from ebay. i dont work for them or anything i was look through there site for deals all the time. and this is a great deal.
Old 10-02-06, 07:09 PM
blade80
Driver

thanks kietlander.
Old 10-02-06, 08:43 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

eclipse is my navi of choice
Old 10-02-06, 09:50 PM
blade80
Driver

but eclipse, aren't they too expensive??? i know they are good quality, but
can't afford them...
Old 10-02-06, 09:52 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

you get what you pay for...if cheap is what you want, then cheap is what you'll get.
Old 10-03-06, 12:45 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

lol. I personally find that to be a terrible generalization but maybe it's just me. I believe one of the reasons ebay's pretty popular is b/c people buy expensive things there at a bargain price everyday.

I would agree with kietlander that you might want to get something with warranty. I guess it depends what $350.00 is worth to you in terms of risk and return.
Old 10-03-06, 05:47 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

ebay is a way that people who don't care about service or warranties can get stuff at dirt cheap prices. you're not going to find a brand new eclipse navigation on ebay for anywhere near $350. the reason being that eclipse stuff even at cost is over $1k. in my personal opinion the eclipse units are far more user friendly, easier to bypass, and have better mapping that most of the pioneer units.
Old 10-04-06, 08:40 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

well I'm going to rephrase. I still think it's a broad generalization, but I agree with you about buying electronics on ebay, especially anything that's relatively expensive. I'm not too big on the etched out serial numbers and non-warranty big ticket items like the DVD navigation.

Good luck with you buy blade80. Let us know what you decide on.
Old 10-04-06, 08:55 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

well that extra 350 is getting him a avic-d2 not an old d1. given the warrenty is only like one year... but the peace of mind that it wont come to ur door broken, or u just dont plain like it, u can return it.
Old 10-04-06, 02:39 PM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 88supramki
you get what you pay for...if cheap is what you want, then cheap is what you'll get.
I would hardly consider Pioneer to be a "cheap" brand.

As far as e-bay, I would never buy new audio stuff from there when there are a ton of legitimate businesses you can buy from online.
Old 10-04-06, 02:50 PM
Durrr
Lead Lap

AVIC-D1 and AVIC-D2 are exactly the same except for newer maps and you can get newer maps alot cheaper than 250.00 bucks...
Old 10-04-06, 03:49 PM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

http://www1.bottomdollar.com/p__Pion...ype=bottomline

AVIC-D2 for ~$700 shipped.
Old 10-04-06, 05:46 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

i was referring to the $350 price range and the ebay mention when i said "cheap"