Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Which Lexus models are capable of playing video DVDs in NAV system? (besides LX470)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-01, 01:11 AM
sleepybobcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which Lexus models are capable of playing video DVDs in NAV system? (besides LX470)

(2001 or 2002 models)

Thanks!
Old 08-27-01, 01:35 AM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

I'm also curious about this too.....a friend told me he heard that the GS430's w/ nav could play DVDs, but I don't think so...?

Pretty sure its a 'no' on 2001 RX's, and the 2002 ES and IS's, but don't quote me on that. What about the LS430?
Old 09-06-01, 02:51 PM
g-force
Driver School Candidate

Default Check this out...

Guys, check out the bottom of this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...threadid=19388

"The shop that does all of my work knows how to do it. These guys are really good; 9 cars in the IASCA lanes this year, most of their cars have won every regional attended. Responsible for the amateur Mercedes that attended the Wild Wild West shootout in AZ to compete against the experts - Steve Brown (Alpine BMW M3), Will Adcock (Reaper II), and Gary Biggs (Kicker Regal).

Call Sounds Impossible in NJ 732 291 8808, ask for Bill (owner), he has the info you seek."

I spoke to the owner, Bill. He's a great guy, extremely knowledgeable, and he took the time to explain to me what they've been able to do. Call em up and let them know that there's a market out there for people who want to get more out of their Nav systems!

They've been able to locate harnesses to tap into the RGB screen of the pre-DVD nav systems, and they've devised a switch system so that one of the dash buttons can be used to activate the movie/game systems. There is one additional hurdle; they need to figure out some internal workings of the Nav software before it's fully operational. I can't remember the details since I called weeks ago, but they might have made more progress since then. Apparently, the video playback quality of our systems is quite good, as good as or better than most aftermarket systems.

Go Bill Go!