Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Sirius/XM Install Advice

Old 01-17-08, 03:47 PM   #46
rgarjr
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

rgarjr

It really isn't that hard to do. Just cut a few wires, solder them together. Here's what I have on my setup.

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by rgarjr; 01-22-08 at 06:19 PM..
rgarjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 04:36 AM   #47
darchard
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

I have a 04 GS300 that is relatively new to me. It has the Mark Levingston sound system and what do directly connect Sirius to it. Can this be done? I have a portable Sirius that i am hesitating to install. Any advise?
darchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 10:19 PM   #48
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

rgarjr

I dont see why you couldn't do it. I also have a Sirius SL100 for my receiver.
rgarjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 01:53 PM   #49
kbinfl
Driver

Thumbs up

I have an '08 LS460 that I want to switch from XM to Sirius. I have contacted VAIS for the hardware, but need some direction with the install. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined as long as I have some pictoral directions. Is there something available here in Club Lexus for removing the radio head unit? I have the Mark Levinson system if that matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Sirius is now installed in my LS With help from the folks at VAIS Technology and CL member Onepointon installation was pretty painless. All hardware is mounted in the trunk. Had to disconnect the XM receiver and antenna and install Sirius tuner/converter and antenna converter using the factory installed shark fin. No reception problems whatsoever. This was the excuse I was given when initially looking at the LS. Anyway I'm a truly happy camper at this point.

'12 SWB Matador Red Pearl/Light Gray
Mark Levinson/Nav/AGPS, Pre-Collision System, 5 spoke 19" wheels, Lexus Mudguards

Last edited by kbinfl; 06-17-08 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: Update
kbinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 04:17 PM   #50
greenerh
Driver School Candidate

my local lexus wanted 650 to install a serius unit. i bought the sirius connect (50$) and sirius 'toysci direct link' (60$) from best buy.com and local best buy installed it for 35$. now i have fully integrated sirius in my lexus X 400h for 145$ and saved around 500$. Thank you best buy. can also get it for less at dogstar radio .com enjoy. the unit sits inside dash behind stick and connect to back of stereo 'data' port. all connectors included from bestbuy. stereo comes out by removing wood panel around shifter, then unscrew.. but just pay best buy to do it for you!
greenerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 04:09 PM   #51
montclair
Driver School Candidate

Question Vais SLS2 vs Directed TOY-SC1 for 2008 RX400h

I'm taking delivery of a 2008 RX400h (with NAV, without Mark Levinson) and will be installing Sirius.
I'm considering the Vais SLS2 or Directed TOY-SC1 as the interface unit.

Both units are compatable with the Directed SC-C1 tuner and are available
from TSS Radio as a package.

Vais SLS2 + SC-C1 package for $249.99
http://tinyurl.com/6cglrc

Directed TOY-SC1 + SC-C1 package for $146.99
http://tinyurl.com/5lyn66

What do you get for the extra $103.00

Rich
montclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 02:43 PM   #52
bob2200
Driver

Default XM Sat. Radio Installation in 2002 RX300

FYI, I just posted a description of my recent XM satellite Radio installation in my 2002 RX300 in the RX300 forum.
Attached Images

bob2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 09:48 PM   #53
jgardn
Driver School Candidate

Hey all,

I have a 2005 ES330 with Nav, 6 CD changer, & Mark Levinson, and I want to hook up my sirius & ipod up to the Nav system. I saw that VAIS tech makes an adapter that can do both (at least sirius control through the Nav and uncontrolled aux input for mp3 players) with the SoundLinQ SLs.

My question - has anyone used this setup? I'm almost ready to buy this equipment since it's the only one that will do sirius & ipod, but I'd like to hear from others & find out if it's been done before with a similar setup.

If not, then another question - can you uninstall the CD changer & make that aux inputs? I never listen to CDs anymore since I have satellite radio & my ipod. The SoundLinQ SLS is quite expensive, and maybe a cheaper route would be to have the satellite tuner installed with the nav, then take out the CD changer & replace with the ipod (I plan to do the install myself).

Whatcha think?
jgardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 08:37 AM   #54
jgardn
Driver School Candidate

Default Success: SLS in my 2005 ESS330 with Nav

So I took a chance and installed the Vaistech SoundlinQ SLS in my 05 ES330 with Nav, and everything works great. I definitely recommend this product. You can see a post of my install experience here.
jgardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 06:47 PM   #55
Chingrin
Driver School Candidate

I called my local dealer today and they told me lexus discontinued the XM receiver upgrade for my 2004 LS 430. Has anyone else heard this?
Chingrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 08:46 AM   #56
Coffee87
Rookie

I have a 2006 GS300 with Nav/Mark Levinson and currently have a Sirius Stiletto hooked up with the FM direct adapter. My question: are there RCA hookups on the back of this stereo? The direct adapter is okay but I would really like to improve the sound quality.

Thanks.
Coffee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 09:16 PM   #57
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Never RCAs on factory stereos. You can wire them in if you know what ur doing. Or possibly use a soundgate or vaistech adapter. check out previous threads and use the search engine for more info.

WHLS/TIRES/BRKS> iForged Flux 19" -Pirelli PZero Nero 245/275 -Rotora -EBC
DRVTRN> SRT Intk/ECU -Blitz NurSpec -TRD -TeckKit -CoolFlex -Torquemasters
SUSP/STRG> Tein CS/EDFC -Daizen -TRD -Tom's -LTuned ECU
BODY> LTuned -UGO -TTE Lip -VeilSide Rear -Zaino -25%Tint
INTR> Leatherseats.com
LIGHTING> LEDs -HIDs -PIAA -LED Tails
AUDIO> SIRIUS -Eclipse -Dynaudio -Focal -IDMAX12 -JLAudio -AudioControl -Odyssey -Monster400
engin_ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 02:58 PM   #58
fastsmurf0
Pole Position

i've got sirius on my IS and love it but dont know how its hooked up. my lil round antenna is mounted above my dash tray and picks up good except from under a bank drive thru or a long bridge.

fastsmurf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 03:35 PM   #59
IS250NRX35
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the post

To all,

Any help: I have the same problem in my IS250 and RX350. I have Sirius going through the factory Nav. I am only getting 10 char display. Any way to fix this? Any update about the Nav override?
IS250NRX35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 03:41 PM   #60
IS250NRX35
Driver School Candidate

Default antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsmurf0 View Post
i've got sirius on my IS and love it but dont know how its hooked up. my lil round antenna is mounted above my dash tray and picks up good except from under a bank drive thru or a long bridge.
The dealer placed the antenna by the third brake light. I did not like it so I put it on top of it and it does get better pick up. Too bad it does not come in white than I would have put it on the roof. TSS makes a shark fin adaptor that you can use as well.
IS250NRX35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 03:41 PM

Tags
antenna, audiofm, car, directed, fm, fmsc1, installation, lexus, link, modulator, nakamichi, sirius, wireless, work, xm