Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Sirius/XM Install Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-06, 03:21 PM
lexoman562
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i installed my xm to my pioneer avic d1 using the pioneer part gex-p920 , since the avic is xm ready , it just a plug and play piece and it works great .....
Old 06-14-06, 10:43 PM
Hitsme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse95911
Does anyone know if Longo Lexus uses the FM modulators? If so... will the dealer do a Direct-Wired audio input (RCA) - no modulation install? I love the programing but the sound quality is just terrible.
My ES350 has a Longo installed Sirius and it is definitely NOT an FM installation. My sound quality is excellent and the nav system display is great (except for that 10 character display limitation). On the first very hot day, the antenna did fall off the inside of the windshield. I just stuck it back on and it has been fine ever since.

engin_ear - Any word or work-around on the 10 character display limitation?
Old 06-15-06, 12:45 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hitsme
engin_ear - Any word or work-around on the 10 character display limitation?
No, the display characteristics are all application-dependent. This is in the hands of Pioneer or Fujitsu, who develop the Toyota/Lexus headunits. Hopefully they at least made it scroll on the 10-char display. (Either way, it drives ya nuts!)
Old 06-15-06, 12:59 PM
Hitsme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by engin_ear
No, the display characteristics are all application-dependent. This is in the hands of Pioneer or Fujitsu, who develop the Toyota/Lexus headunits. Hopefully they at least made it scroll on the 10-char display. (Either way, it drives ya nuts!)
Thanks for the reply!

I'd settle for scrolling in a pair of seconds.

I know the Beatles all had solo careers, but I'm particularly amused/annoyed when it tells me the current song is by "The Beatle"
Old 06-15-06, 06:30 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Yeah, I hear ya. I've been using a 4 year old Sirius receiver with an 8-char, 1-line display. So it would read "The Beat". Only scrolls if I hit a button to tell it to.
BTW, maybe there is a button on your headunit that will cause the text (we call it PDT) to scroll. You may want to try hitting some of the other buttons to see what happens....
Old 06-21-06, 01:28 PM
JCHO
Rookie

Is anyone using cassette aux adaptor with 98-00 Nak? I have looked at other input adaptors as mentioned before but I can't find one for Nak (they all seemed to to be for 01- and up)). So, I tried about 5 different cassette aux adapotor (sony, rca, radio shack, etc..also called toyota and lexus dealers) and they all didn't work.

If anyone has one working, can you share what brand and model adaptor you are using?

Thanks bunch!

Last edited by JCHO; 06-21-06 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-01-06, 01:36 PM
midnite c
Driver School Candidate

I have the "sirius connect" on my 2005 LS 430 and it works well with the triangle antenna inside on the windshield at the top. It was installed by the dealer last year and it works well using the factory installed Mark Levinson system for sirius instead of xm.

Joe
Old 07-15-06, 09:18 PM
jimmy9299
Driver School Candidate

the best way to go is to get a tuner i got my from best buy and get a new radio in dash i never have a prob with it no static i mean total was 129 for radio and 79 for tuner and i did it my self
Old 07-24-06, 10:45 AM
revsteve
Rookie

Does anyone know if the IS300 stock radio (1st gen) has an aux input for my radio or if I'll need an aftermarket adapter (or worse - a cassette)
Old 09-30-06, 04:09 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Absolutely NO PROBLEMS with XM setup in my '06 IS350 .....

I have XM in my IS350 with Navigation/ML radio and get crystal clear music from all the XM channels, although tv feeds (like Fox News, CNN) sound like they are in a barrel. Not a big deal.

But am very satisfied with the XM setup that was a port installed item, I believe. It shows up on the MSRP window sticker. It works fine through the Navigation screen. Very happy with it and wasn't aware of the problems many are having with this option.
Old 10-14-06, 05:45 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Wondering if Longo still performs Sirius installs, or did all Lexus halt installation of Sirius?
Old 11-11-06, 10:47 AM
SMG
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 IS 250 XM Ready

Wife's 2006 IS 250 AWD w/NAV is XM ready. Checked prices at dealer for install and was over $700. She will probably listen to Oprah 99% of time. Thinking about getting a portable XM radio she can use in house also. She currently uses the RCA jack for her Ipod which works well. Anybody have portable XM radios feeding thru the RCA jack? Would like to know what hardware you use and how does it sound. Any other suggestions?
Old 11-11-06, 03:03 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by SMG
Wife's 2006 IS 250 AWD w/NAV is XM ready. Checked prices at dealer for install and was over $700. She will probably listen to Oprah 99% of time. Thinking about getting a portable XM radio she can use in house also. She currently uses the RCA jack for her Ipod which works well. Anybody have portable XM radios feeding thru the RCA jack? Would like to know what hardware you use and how does it sound. Any other suggestions?
As stated above, the RCA jack is the best way to hook it up for best sound.
Old 11-13-06, 12:36 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SMG
If you want OEM XM functionality, you might want to consider buying the OEM XM receiver/install kit for $299 at lexus-parts.com (they're not the only place that offers the kit at that price but their name is the first that comes to my mind) and install it yourself; based on the install instructions they have online (in PDF format) it doesn't look to be overly complicated, with no wires to splice and the entire install done entirely within the trunk area.
Old 06-05-07, 10:43 PM
GNX6
Driver School Candidate

Where can you find the XM instructions you mentioned that are online in PDF format? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Sirius/XM Install Advice