Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Installed universal addon cd changer: My verdict.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-05, 10:23 AM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed universal addon cd changer: My verdict.

My car came with the naki premium system with cd changer. Lately the changer hasn't been reading CDs very well, even store bought ones. Wanting to keep the system as stock as possible I decided to go with a JVC universal addon cd/mp3 changer. I had it installed at Circuit City and they did quite a pretty good job with it too.

The very first thing I noticed was how high I had to turn the volume up just to fill the car with music. Even then the sound just didn't sound that great. It lacked clarity, fullness and dynamic range. You can adjust the level ouput of the changer so I cranked it all the way up to 8 which is max but all that did was introduce more noise so I switched it back to 6. I haven't tried playing CDs yet but today I decided to turn on the stock changer and listen to a new cd I just burned. Wow, difference is night and day. Volume is at 1/4 and it's plenty loud. Sound is fuller, with depth and better clarity. I do enjoy the convience of getting over a 100 songs on a cd using mp3 but sound quality just really bugs me. Looks like I'm getting rid of the changer and going a different route. This probably wont be until after the holidays...short on $$$.
Old 12-12-05, 09:36 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a radio-signal one? Sometimes you can change the frequency or adjust settings on the CD player itself to change things around and improve clarity.