Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for 93LS400 front spkrs 6" and tweeter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-01, 01:54 PM
Purplexed
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings,
I want to replace the front 4" speakers and door tweeter with something better. I read that 6" speakers can be mounted in the door.
Does anyone have a picture of an adapter( do I have to custom make it?), do I have to cut/drill the existing door panel , is there a better tweeter that will fit in the existing door corner? Or will I have to custom fit something here too.
Any suggestions for a rear woofer that is tighter?

I want to keep the stock head unit and amp if possible.
I do have an aftermarket ads 40watt amp, but need to figure out how and where to mount it to repace the stock PIONEER unit.

Any help is apprecitated.
Thanks
Old 07-06-01, 02:44 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Check the Audio Q&A

Purple - Check out the Audio Q&A section for speaker recommendations. A 6.5 will fit in the front doors using a baffle ( spacer ring ) w/o cutting the doors. U can go as large as an 8" in the rear doors but be careful of the mounting depth as U may hit the window. Almost an 1" tweeter will fit in the A-pillar location - I have a Focal there & installed an Alpine tweet in a friend's GS3. Any aftermarket free-air sub will be an improvement over the stock Pioneer but it really needs some additional power to make the swap worth it, IMO. Use a good quality LLC to hook up your a/d/s amp to the replacement sub. Probably will want to upgrade your door speaker power ( with an aftermarket amp ) as well.