Sponsored by:

Enabling nav menus while moving w/ no cables on 2001-2005 Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-05, 05:06 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

worked on my 2002 rx300. thanks.

anyone figure out what all those other buttons do once your in that screen that shows the overide button? i tried each button and new screens popped up. one advice dont hit the position button. (i think that was the name of it) what it did was reposition me somewhere else then where my truck really was. so i had to recalibrate my gps antenna and position.
Old 08-15-05, 05:31 PM
ke4sfq
Driver School Candidate

Default Works on 2003 RX300

Thanks so much for posting this. We found out how to do this on my wifte's '05 ES 330 but I really wanted the abilitity on my '03 RX 300 and now I do!!

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 08-15-05, 05:32 PM
ke4sfq
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DJ SprinklesNJO
worked on my 2002 rx300. thanks.
one advice dont hit the position button. (i think that was the name of it) what it did was reposition me somewhere else then where my truck really was. so i had to recalibrate my gps antenna and position.
I did the same thing this morning on the way to work. it had me in Washington and I am in Alabama. I didn't have time to deal with it but when I got out to my RX at lunch and started driving, it was back where it should be without me calibrating.
Old 08-18-05, 07:08 AM
Philly RX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Radius9
I saw the other posts on how to get to the system menu on the newer nav systems and turn on the override that lets you enter nav destinations while moving. After playing around with my nav system on my 2001 GS430, I figured out how to do the same thing. Press the menu button, then choose system option. Then press the top left of the screen, then the bottom left of the screen, then the top left again, then the bottom left again, then finally touch the bottom right of the screen. It will bring up a system menu. Choose the override button, then hit back. If you do this while moving, you won't be able to edit until you stop the first time. If you are stopped when you do this, then you can continue to edit while moving. You can do some other crazy stuff as well, I copied my DVD from my nav system and I am going to see if I can figure out how the thing works to modify it, so that this is enabled permanently, but until then, here you go....

Is there a way to make it permanently?
It worked for my 2002RX but every time I shut off the car , the system resets and I need to go through these steps again...
Old 08-21-05, 03:44 PM
Dyno330
Driver School Candidate

Radius9,

For my Rx330 2004 (Nav with DVD), , the override was turned on very easily .....
First press Menu
The "DVD button"" must be press (no "System button")
Press on the screen: Up Left, Down left, Up left, Down left, then Down right
And then, the "Override button" must be pressed for 5 sec
Could we also make the DVD playing in front screen while driving with one of those new menu ???
Old 08-25-05, 06:07 PM
asicdesign
Driver School Candidate

Default Enable this mod while driving...

Just tried the mod, works great on my 2002 GS430...thanks Radius!

Also note that if you forget to enable this override before driving the car, just go to the following menu to enable it while driving:

1. [INFO] Button
2. Select "Language" (this should bring you to the main screen..."English..French..I Agree"
3. Enter the mod command sequence
4. Now enable override
5. Repeat step 1 and step 2 so that you can accept the "I Agree" dialog.

The override should now be enabled while driving the car!
Old 08-26-05, 05:40 PM
Tzvi
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Ok guys, I made a big mistake. I was playing around with that screen on my 2002 GS300 and decided to see what "Loading" did. So I selected a file and then hit "OK" it then said it was updating and now I just get a screen that says that I have an incorrect disc and that I need to insert the correct one. Meanwhile, the menu button doesn't respond so I can't figure out how to go back to the service menu and now my NAV system is screwed.

Anybody know what I can do?

--Tzvi
Old 08-26-05, 06:12 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

TZVI..... honestly, lexus service is so nice and depending if you got any connections in the service department, just bring the car back in and say one day when u started the car this showed up. play dumb like you never even touched anything. hahaha
seems all you need is some form of an original disc to reboot the system or something. other than that im not sure what you did.
Old 08-26-05, 07:02 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know how to make this work on an LS? There is no System Option...
Old 08-28-05, 10:55 AM
sriracha
Driver School Candidate

Hi I have an RX330. Do you think you can help? I am so iliterate when it comes to these things. Also do you know how my navigation is suppose to show any DVD the back is watching? Stoping or moving? I have yet to figured it out as well. PLEASE HELP thank you.
Old 08-30-05, 03:21 AM
omaha_lex
Pole Position

I went out to lunch with my dad Sunday and tried this out on his '04 SC430... it worked!!!
Old 08-30-05, 11:05 AM
asicdesign
Driver School Candidate

I ordered the AVIC-100 (adds video/audio auxillary input to nav screen) from VAISTECH so that I can watch videos on my stock navigation screen. I read on the forums that this module also hooks into the speed sensor and disables video when the car is in motion. Has anyone with the AVIC-100 module try this override to see if video is also enabled?
Old 08-30-05, 05:01 PM
jleedog
Driver School Candidate

sorry, new cpo lexus owner here with a question...

i read through the posts, but for some reason, still don't understand what this hack does? While i haven't played with my navi for more than a week, the feeling i'm getting is that the system won't let you enter in a new destination unless the car is stopped, and this hack will override that feature and allow us to enter a destination at any time?

i have a 01 gs 300..

someone please clarify for me.thanks!

j
Old 08-31-05, 12:49 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

j, this will allow you to enter a address while in MOTION!

tried it yesterday in my GS430 and it works!!
Old 08-31-05, 03:27 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
j, this will allow you to enter a address while in MOTION!

tried it yesterday in my GS430 and it works!!
But do you have to redo it everytime you start the vehicle?

Quick Reply: Enabling nav menus while moving w/ no cables on 2001-2005 Lexus