Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

GS stereo installation (process) pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-01, 06:30 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about putting the very popular alpine cva/dvd combo together but I have never had to make a custom trim panel before. I did my own install in my maxima before but it was quite easy since the opening for the head unit is a std double din. Does anybody have pictures of their installation process? Just some pictures of creating the trim panel, where it's mounted and all that stuff.

I have also read a lot about installing the dynaudios on the doors. Since it's not a "drop in", we have to make our own baffles. Anybody have more pics on those?

I hate having somebody else touch my car. I agree 1000000% with Percy, because I've got so much crap done to my car before. Some installers just take whatever and stuff it in the car with the wires all messed up. (Those are the cheap places) I've also been to the "nice" places and they charge a little too much. (ok, i'm cheap) There nothing more satisfying than putting together your own system and turning it on right when you finish and hearing something come out. (I dread that moment when I expect everything to work fine but as soon as I turn it on....NO MUSIC!!)

Anyways...any installation pictures would be great that way I can learn a bit here and there. Thanks!
Old 07-20-01, 06:19 AM
concepts
Driver

The LS400 kit at http://store.autotoys.com > DASH KIT department will fit a GS300/400 but will leave about 2-3 mm on each side. You can use it as a template or cover it with vinyl to finish off the sides.
Old 07-20-01, 09:07 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Thumbs up amlin423

here is my help to you. I posted this a few weeks back

https://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...threadid=17613
Old 07-20-01, 09:35 AM
CoreY2K1
Driver

i'm planning to use my web design skillz to set up a little website to feature my GS4. the layout is already done: http://home.earthlink.net/~calbers07/lexus/ but the 'System' section hasn't been completed yet. i'm just now putting the finishing touches on my system which includes the alpine iva/dva combo. unfortunately the only thing i'm leaving to the professionals is the faceplate work, so i couldn't help you there. i've been taking pics of the entire installation including the speaker baffles, cd changer, amp, etc. and i'll be posting everything on the site. it is more for my own interests, to chronicle all my work, but hopefully it could help you...

btw, nice work on the step-by-step BananaGS.
Old 07-20-01, 11:28 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Default Thanks a lot guys

Thanks guys...
Corey...let us know when you finish your site...
Thanks
Andrew