Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

i think im going to go for it ..GS owners let me see your systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-05, 01:01 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wait till my system is back in my GS, it'll knock your socks off (and yes it cost me a couple sets of your expensive iFORGED rims)
Shabs,
first off I am not your homie and second this thread is about what TLW wants not what you know or think is good.
Please leave my i forged wheels and your stock 16's out of this
Old 05-25-05, 01:08 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Shabs,
first off I am not your homie and second this thread is about what TLW wants not what you know or think is good.

LOL....I said enough to you through AIM.....take me up on my offer or ****

and btw, FYI my rims are 17" L-tuned, not 16"

we'll also leave your slow 300 out of the equation as well
Old 05-25-05, 01:15 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Shabs,

lol,,,,,,,,,,,lmao,,,,,,,,,,,,,it always kills me the biggest critics are the ones that have nothing done to there cars, they also know the most, and have all the biggest ideas
Old 05-25-05, 01:16 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY

and btw, FYI my rims are 17" L-tuned, not 16"

I can't believe the direction this thread has taken.......................

Please stay on topic and help TLW figure out what he should get to add some "audio" gear to his car that will help him win at car shows, not audio comps.
Old 05-25-05, 01:18 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

lol,,,,,,,,,,,lmao,,,,,,,,,,,,,it always kills me the biggest critics are the ones that have nothing done to there cars, they also know the most, and have all the biggest ideas
Only if u knew bro only if u knew.

Hameed is right back to TLW.
Old 05-25-05, 01:25 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blueGS400

LOL....$12k in audio.....$3K in suede......hmmm and i'm still bone stock right....

I supposed cuz Im not riding ghetto low on coilovers and I'm not rockin bent 20's I'm stock....

LOL....it's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, then to open it and remove all doubt

EDIT: oh yeah...this is coming from another JL/Alpine lover.... ROFL!!!

Old 05-25-05, 01:32 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Shabby it is time for you to be
Old 05-25-05, 01:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I supposed cuz Im not riding ghetto low on coilovers and I'm not rockin bent 20's I'm stock....

LOL....it's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, then to open it and remove all doubt

EDIT: oh yeah...this is coming from another JL/Alpine lover.... ROFL!!!

Guys keep this back on the topic at hand from this point forward or it will be closed.

A reminder... members on this thread have been asked to be more considerate of others on several past occasions.
Old 05-25-05, 02:02 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey Johnny,

Dont worry about all the nay-sayers etc, do what you want man. I can understand your perspective regarding music, it seems that as I get a little older (ripe old 26), a simpler, cleaner sound is just fine. I got my sub and amp installed, and had to ask the guys to turn the bass DOWN some! LOL I drove my GS4 for over a year with the stock Nak too.

Also I know how it is to have a modded car at shows with absolutely no ICE, people walk up and look in the car with a "where's the rest" look!

I do not know much about audio components and technical aspects, but I have used Lexis11's system and its very clean and crisp with nice bass (not really that SUV-block shaking stuff, just enough to make Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt album sound good ). It also played consitently for hours at HIN Boston with no issues, if thats worth anything.

The other setups that I mentioned before (Bluelex, LXO, DaveGS) are just ones that look nice to me.
Old 05-25-05, 02:22 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Old 05-25-05, 02:38 PM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

you can tell me bout rims, body kits, but the two things about cars I know are these:

1) audio
So tell me...do you have a list of car audio competitions you have won lately? Do you compete in SQ or SPL? Do you complete in dB Drag, MECA, NSPL, IASCA, USACi, SLAP, etc.? What was the highest #'s your system has thrown up, dB-wise (SPL)? Was the reading from the dash, the floor or port wars? Which mic' is the regarded as today's standard for SPL readings?...AudioControl or Term-Lab? I can go on and on....

Lexis11, pay no attention to the ignorant...heheh.

Let me set the facts straight, JL Audio ISN'T the answer to everything audio-wise (I know plenty of car-audio companies that build more quality products than JL), BUT they do make solid products from their subs' and amps' I tested during the past few years.

Just another simple fact about JL...their amps' actually work quite well for street competitions because their amps' utilize regulated PS's...sorry, just throwin' out some helpful facts.

T.L.W., if you need some help with equipment and setup advise, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to help you out.
Old 05-25-05, 03:56 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS400
So tell me...do you have a list of car audio competitions you have won lately? Do you compete in SQ or SPL? Do you complete in dB Drag, MECA, NSPL, IASCA, USACi, SLAP, etc.? What was the highest #'s your system has thrown up, dB-wise (SPL)? Was the reading from the dash, the floor or port wars? Which mic' is the regarded as today's standard for SPL readings?...AudioControl or Term-Lab? I can go on and on....

Lexis11, pay no attention to the ignorant...heheh.

Let me set the facts straight, JL Audio ISN'T the answer to everything audio-wise (I know plenty of car-audio companies that build more quality products than JL), BUT they do make solid products from their subs' and amps' I tested during the past few years.

Just another simple fact about JL...their amps' actually work quite well for street competitions because their amps' utilize regulated PS's...sorry, just throwin' out some helpful facts.

T.L.W., if you need some help with equipment and setup advise, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to help you out.

Thanks alot Ls

you seem to know ALOT

when i say im a noob .....i am king of the noobs for this stuff

i have alot of respect for the guys who have vast knowledge in any field

ill shoot ya a PM ..just take it easy on me ...im a virgin LOLOLOLOLOL in the audio field that is
Old 05-25-05, 04:06 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

J I totally understand what your looking for. something that is very nice looking and cost effective. nothing wrong with that. so if someone doesn't want to spend 12k on music they are dumb but if you don't want to spend 4-5k on 20's or 19's. 3k on a bodykit. and 1.5k on coilovers for it to look like a modded car what are you? its about taste. noones taste is better than anyone elses that why its called taste, it depends on the person not you...some spend it on the outside, some on the inside and some spend it under and in front. its about how you like to do it and what you want to spend not what someone else says you should spend...good luck with thw audio J..
Old 05-25-05, 05:15 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thoughts ??
Old 05-25-05, 05:32 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

TLW: Bro, I found a pic of my "OLD" setup. That setup allowed me to have full access to my spare. It was my first trunk setup and cost was about $4200.00... JL audio subs, Phoenix Gold Amps, Line Driver and Cap... Very similar to DaveGS4's setup. It's a very clean and classy setup.

OLD SETUP
Attached Thumbnails i think im going to go for it ..GS owners let me see your systems-dscn8567.jpg  

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 05-25-05 at 05:44 PM.

Quick Reply: i think im going to go for it ..GS owners let me see your systems