Sponsored by:

factory dvd player in gs430

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-08, 12:25 PM
bandgap112
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lexusaudio,

Does the DVD play while the car is in motion, or when it's parked?
Old 10-05-08, 11:55 AM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nate579
Sorry to bring up a old thread but, is it possible to get a list of part no. assocated with DVD players that would work with the 2001 GS430 ML/Nav system. I am going to junk yard this week and will be pulling both Toyota and Lexus models to find the right one. Thanks.
will the 86270-60113 work on a 2001 Lexus GS430 ML System...I have a friend with one to sell but most of the part numbers on this thread are the 60111
Old 06-12-12, 04:54 PM
naktrnl
Driver School Candidate

I know this post is very old, but is it just a plug n play for 2004 gs?
Old 12-19-15, 02:42 PM
ligurt
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
i finally got small enough pictures to enter one on the forum. here is a lexus factory 6 disc dvd cd changer playing movies on a 2001 gs430 screen. there are no extra control boxes. the tv input cable is plugged into the screen with no splicing or y connctors. it plugs directly into the tv port that is on every lexus factory nav screen has from 2001 up. older systems prior to 2001 would need to connect to the rgb port. the 2nd plug coming from the changer plugs into the cd changer port. by a y connector. thats all it takes not a bunch aftermarket electronics in between which certainly would degrade the tv picture signals. this is a pure factory system and has the best picture possible.
Hallo, first of all thank you a lot for this post I was searching since long time informations like these.
I own a 2002 is200 (same as is300 about the audio system). I have the gps and audio voice command kit installed, and when I speach "dvd" it replies: "dvd player is not connected". It means that the system in some way is dvd ready. On the navigation unit ther's a 6pins port unused. On the remote controller on the armrest console ther's a off button that doesn't really turn the screen off, but it simply makes it black and at the same time on one of the 6 pins in the unused plug there's a 0,1 volt change. On the japanese toyota Altezza (Lexus is200) remote controller instead of the off button there's the tv button that is driven by a 5 pins plug on the rear of the radio unit . Would you suggest the 6 pins could be a dvd plug?
Please reply me as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance
Pietro
Old 11-07-16, 02:22 PM
ligurt
Rookie

the gx dvd may work but it has a complicated av control box with 5 connctors a zillion wires . the rxdvd is a rear ceiling player also connected to an av control box. the 6 disc changer is just a staight plug into the cd changer and video port.
You mean the dvd changer has two connectors? The 12 pin for the audio and functions control and the 6pin for the video?
Old 02-07-17, 03:02 PM
ligurt
Rookie

Default tv connector

. i have played a lexus dvd changer i have on the rx300 nav screen , ls430 screen , gs430 screen, gs300 screen , sc430 screen, by just pluggijng in the dvd to the tv input connector. .also there is full factory audio with the simple y connctor input to the cd changer port. the lexus service manual wont say thats what the connector is for but it works. the es330 dvd player actually doesnt use the tv port but the 20 pin aux port . they disabled the tv input port on all 1 piece 2005 toyota and lexus models due to government regualtions.. that is also the reason the dealer will not hook up a factory lexus dvd player on a lexus without a rear screen . . its against the law...................................................................................................heres an interesting story on that subject. last weekend i bought a gs430 navigation system off a 2001 gs430 owner who removed it for a kenwood aftermarket nav because the stereo shop told him lexus didn't allow dvd movies on the front screen. so after the install he drove out of the shop watching a movie on the front kenwood screen. the stereo shop forgot to mention it was also illegal to watch his kenwood while driving . the stereo shop blamed it on lexus that the guy had to get rid of his lexus navigation system to watch dvds on the front screen. so he sold me his $10,000 list price factory navigation system to go to a $2000,00 kenwood navigation system that does not give him all the data that the factory one does on the scrreen as well as touchscreen control of all the peripherals. and the faceplates available for gs430 are just cheap black colored plastics and don.t match the gs dash parts.
Hi, you mentioned any lexus factory dvd player or changer will show on the front screen of any 2 piece lexus dvd computered vehicle. I have a 2002 lexus is200 two pieces dvd computered. If I pronounce to the oem microphone "dvd" the system replies: "no dvd connected" that means it is ready to. You mentioned the "tv input connector", but is not clear to me which one it is. Infact I just have the 12pins connector for the audio system and a 6 pins connector free on the navigation ecu in the trunk. Could you help me?
Thanks
Pietro
Old 08-22-17, 11:20 AM
ligurt
Rookie

those are not prices for the 6 disc dvd cd changer those are refurb prices for just the regular pioneer cd changer 650.00 and the pioneer made nakamichi cd changer for 1100.00 with the dac box . the parts guy just gave you ball park figures of everyday cd changer stuff. since dvd changer only come on lx470 and since they retail for 4000.00 with low price of 3100.00 from roundrock lexus its not exactly an everyday inquiry . plus they were made by pioneer so they dont break often compared to other multidisc changers. i dont think he even knows what you were asking about when you said dvd changer since no other lexus had one except lx470 which is a low volume lexus model.............................................................................................................................................. the picture below shows a dvd cd changer i installed on a 99 gs300 along with a complete 2003 gs430 navigation system conversion . the other unit with the U2 on top is the gps map dvd player which only plays map dvds . you need a lexus dvd movie playing unit like the one in the picture with the proper harness to play dvd movies on any 2001 to 2005 lexus navigation screen. the harness plugs directly to the screens 6 pin port. also the dvd players movie sound is played through the factory systems 12 pin cd changer port. aftermarket dvd movie players plug into or you would need to splice into the 10 pin rgb port which then gives interference to the gps map dvd player . so the superior dvd player is a lexus brand dvd players which have their own ports to plug into and need no expensive boxes to convert to rgb . the new generation 5 navigation systerms like on 2006 gs430 and is350 have dvd cd changers in the dash now so no longer need a seperate dvd cd player. they aslo have dolby surround sound .
How did you connect directly to the screen? If I don't go wrong the dvd changer has a 20 pin connector. Could you explain me better? I'm going to do the same on my Lexus.
Pietro
Old 10-15-17, 01:36 PM
ligurt
Rookie

Default 6 pin plug pinout

any lexus factory dvd player or changer will show on the front screen of any 2 piece lexus dvd computered vehicle. i have played a lexus dvd changer i have on the rx300 nav screen , ls430 screen , gs430 screen, gs300 screen , sc430 screen, by just pluggijng in the dvd to the tv input connector. .also there is full factory audio with the simple y connctor input to the cd changer port. the lexus service manual wont say thats what the connector is for but it works. the es330 dvd player actually doesnt use the tv port but the 20 pin aux port . they disabled the tv input port on all 1 piece 2005 toyota and lexus models due to government regualtions.. that is also the reason the dealer will not hook up a factory lexus dvd player on a lexus without a rear screen . . its against the law...................................................................................................heres an interesting story on that subject. last weekend i bought a gs430 navigation system off a 2001 gs430 owner who removed it for a kenwood aftermarket nav because the stereo shop told him lexus didn't allow dvd movies on the front screen. so after the install he drove out of the shop watching a movie on the front kenwood screen. the stereo shop forgot to mention it was also illegal to watch his kenwood while driving . the stereo shop blamed it on lexus that the guy had to get rid of his lexus navigation system to watch dvds on the front screen. so he sold me his $10,000 list price factory navigation system to go to a $2000,00 kenwood navigation system that does not give him all the data that the factory one does on the scrreen as well as touchscreen control of all the peripherals. and the faceplates available for gs430 are just cheap black colored plastics and don.t match the gs dash parts.
Hi Lexaudio, I need a help. My old Lexus is200 has a two pieces navigation unit. It has the 6 pin plug and the radio accept the voice command dvd player replying dvd player is not connected. Could you help me with the 6 pin plug pinout?
Thanks
Pietro
Old 10-30-22, 02:48 PM
ligurt
Rookie

any lexus factory dvd player or changer will show on the front screen of any 2 piece lexus dvd computered vehicle. i have played a lexus dvd changer i have on the rx300 nav screen , ls430 screen , gs430 screen, gs300 screen , sc430 screen, by just pluggijng in the dvd to the tv input connector. .also there is full factory audio with the simple y connctor input to the cd changer port. the lexus service manual wont say thats what the connector is for but it works. the es330 dvd player actually doesnt use the tv port but the 20 pin aux port . they disabled the tv input port on all 1 piece 2005 toyota and lexus models due to government regualtions.. that is also the reason the dealer will not hook up a factory lexus dvd player on a lexus without a rear screen . . its against the law...................................................................................................heres an interesting story on that subject. last weekend i bought a gs430 navigation system off a 2001 gs430 owner who removed it for a kenwood aftermarket nav because the stereo shop told him lexus didn't allow dvd movies on the front screen. so after the install he drove out of the shop watching a movie on the front kenwood screen. the stereo shop forgot to mention it was also illegal to watch his kenwood while driving . the stereo shop blamed it on lexus that the guy had to get rid of his lexus navigation system to watch dvds on the front screen. so he sold me his $10,000 list price factory navigation system to go to a $2000,00 kenwood navigation system that does not give him all the data that the factory one does on the scrreen as well as touchscreen control of all the peripherals. and the faceplates available for gs430 are just cheap black colored plastics and don.t match the gs dash parts.
would it fit on a 2002 is300?
Pietro