Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

factory dvd player in gs430

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-06, 02:24 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

those are not prices for the 6 disc dvd cd changer those are refurb prices for just the regular pioneer cd changer 650.00 and the pioneer made nakamichi cd changer for 1100.00 with the dac box . the parts guy just gave you ball park figures of everyday cd changer stuff. since dvd changer only come on lx470 and since they retail for 4000.00 with low price of 3100.00 from roundrock lexus its not exactly an everyday inquiry . plus they were made by pioneer so they dont break often compared to other multidisc changers. i dont think he even knows what you were asking about when you said dvd changer since no other lexus had one except lx470 which is a low volume lexus model.............................................................................................................................................. the picture below shows a dvd cd changer i installed on a 99 gs300 along with a complete 2003 gs430 navigation system conversion . the other unit with the U2 on top is the gps map dvd player which only plays map dvds . you need a lexus dvd movie playing unit like the one in the picture with the proper harness to play dvd movies on any 2001 to 2005 lexus navigation screen. the harness plugs directly to the screens 6 pin port. also the dvd players movie sound is played through the factory systems 12 pin cd changer port. aftermarket dvd movie players plug into or you would need to splice into the 10 pin rgb port which then gives interference to the gps map dvd player . so the superior dvd player is a lexus brand dvd players which have their own ports to plug into and need no expensive boxes to convert to rgb . the new generation 5 navigation systerms like on 2006 gs430 and is350 have dvd cd changers in the dash now so no longer need a seperate dvd cd player. they aslo have dolby surround sound .
Attached Thumbnails factory dvd player in gs430-2001-gsnav-in-99-gs-023.jpg  

Last edited by lexusaudio; 10-23-06 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-23-06, 10:49 PM
bandgap112
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexusaudio,

Thanks for the quick response. When I asked the part guy at Lexus dealer I did tell him that I wanted the DVD changer for the 2001 LX470. He told me that it was the one in the center console, and the dealer would do an exchange only, for $550, which mean I shipped the bad unit to them, and they gave me a new one.

I then asked him if I could buy one separately, or the only way to get it was through the exchange, and he said I could buy it, but it would cost a lot more. I asked how much more. He searched the database for a bit, and then gave me the two figures $650 and $1100 for the Pioneer brand.

I think you are right that those prices are for a CD changer, not DVD changer. I called a Toyota dealer asking for a DVD changer for a 2001 Land Cruiser, and they quoted $2400 for the unit, but it had a slightly different part number from the one you have.

Bandgap
Old 10-23-06, 11:18 PM
audax
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@lexusaudio

Do you have some diagrams for the Y adapter you speak of?
Old 10-24-06, 03:55 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

its just the standard 12 pin cd changer y adapter used to add any toyota or lexus peripheral to the cd changer port. you can plug 2 ,3 , 4 or 5 different units to the cd changer port and daisy chain them all with y adapters. i have xm , ipod, 6 disc dvd cd changer , the regular gs430 changer all plugged into the one cd changer port on the back of the navigatioin radio. as you push the disc button it goes from unit to unit with the name of the unit on the gps screen and all the controls for each unit on the screen. the y adapters come with all big 12 pin connectors or 1 big and one small or 2 smalls depending on what size 12 pin connectors you are hooking up. lexus switched to small 12 pin cd changer connectors in 2003 for the most part................................................................ the picture shows adapter with 2 large 12 disc cd changer connctors. the one on the right is original cd changer connector and left is dvd sd changer connector. the part not showing ie the 12 pin connector which now plugs into the navigation radio 12 pin cd changer plug which would now have 2 units plugged into the same port by means of the y adapter in the picture. toyota dealers sell y adapters all the time but lexus dealers dont seem to be aware of them until they started putting xm radio kits in lexus service departments . those kits come with the y adapters and is the first time that lexus actually offered such an adapter in there parts department.
Attached Thumbnails factory dvd player in gs430-lexus-navigatrion-wirth-factory-cd-dvd-changer-016.jpg  
Old 04-03-07, 05:10 PM
pauldfs
Driver School Candidate

I realize this is an old thread, but I am wondering if anyone has had any luck finding these changes at reasonable prices. I have tried the online junk yard searches and have had no luck.
Old 04-17-07, 06:13 PM
dusouth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pauldfs
I realize this is an old thread, but I am wondering if anyone has had any luck finding these changes at reasonable prices. I have tried the online junk yard searches and have had no luck.
i'm wondering the same thing
Old 04-18-07, 04:46 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

one just sold i ebay from a 2003 lx470 for 1199.00 by a clublexus member. since they only came in 2002 up lx470 and very few lx ever end up parted out it makes them difficult to find. i still have the one in the pictures above which i use for testing my lexus gps nav retrofit systems. email me at egusman@woh.rr.com for more info.
Old 04-27-07, 08:10 PM
Hohlraum
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as interesting as this thread is, unless you get lucky and get your hands on one of these it might as well be impossible. thats freakin neat how that dvd changer interface works. it makes me wonder if maybe vaistech might be using this for their upcoming re-engineered AVIC.
Old 06-20-07, 11:41 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to bring up a old thread but, is it possible to get a list of part no. assocated with DVD players that would work with the 2001 GS430 ML/Nav system. I am going to junk yard this week and will be pulling both Toyota and Lexus models to find the right one. Thanks.
Old 06-20-07, 02:41 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

the part numbers in the picture 8 replys up. 86270-60112. list price 4,000 at the dealer. they come in $70,000 lexus lx470 so there are no 2001 up lx470 in any junk yard that i am aware of. they are still to new and hard to total at there still high resale value. i have seen the6 disc dvbd changer sell used from $750.00 to $1199(the $1199 one sold on ebay 2 months ago by a clublexus member) so good luck on finding one.
Old 06-20-07, 05:43 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Okay, I thought DVD players from RX or GX may work. Local Junkyard have a few from wrecked RXs. He is selling for about 150.00 wanted to get one and try it. But if it's only the LX that will work, guess I am out of luck. Thanks.
Old 06-20-07, 05:50 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

the gx dvd may work but it has a complicated av control box with 5 connctors a zillion wires . the rxdvd is a rear ceiling player also connected to an av control box. the 6 disc changer is just a staight plug into the cd changer and video port.
Old 06-20-07, 06:32 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Thanks I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 07-06-07, 01:44 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
the gx dvd may work but it has a complicated av control box with 5 connctors a zillion wires . the rxdvd is a rear ceiling player also connected to an av control box. the 6 disc changer is just a staight plug into the cd changer and video port.
LexusAudio what do you suggest that those of us with 98 to 2000 model Navigation systems do?

CEO
Old 06-07-08, 09:24 PM
Lexusgx470
Driver School Candidate

Hi Lexusaudio,

I have Lexus 2005 GX470 with Nav. CD changer and back up camera. I want to use the Nav screen for DVD player, then I purpase the G-net RGB interface box from Gnet into the lexus nav box which located under the passenger seat and the other end connect with any dVD player. Today, by research for how to install dvd player and how can I make this work, I got to this forum, I read your instruction and other sharing their knowlege about Lexus DVD changer and how Lexus already have dvd, tv tunner ready, but only how can we know to explore this hidden connections. Please advice me how could I install dvd changer and where to buy it for less than dealer price, and where could I get the wiring diagram and which hardness should I need to purchase? Really appriciated for all your helps.

Quick Reply: factory dvd player in gs430