Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know where in the stock SC300 amp, I attach my fuse remote wire?? Pics???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-05, 08:12 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know where in the stock SC300 amp, I attach my fuse remote wire?? Pics???

okay, i got my power wire done, my ground done, and i took out the stock sub and attached the rca converter (-) (+) wires to the stock sub wires so im done with the rca part as well...all i have left is the thin blue remote fuse turn on wire....can anyone tell me where to hook that up? i know i have to put it in the sub amp BUT WHERE?????? does anyone have a 1992 Sc300 sub amps pic that they can post so that someone can point out to me which wire i need to attach the fuse to or what not....THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 02-24-05, 08:45 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

There is no fuse for the remote trun on wire. Aerostar suggested that you wire your remote turn on wire to the power antenna in another thread. Attathc it to there and then run it directly to your new amp. Leave the stock amp alone. You don't need to touch it. Just use a T-tap to attatch your turn on wire to the power antenna wire. Easy simple done. BTW what part of texas are you in?
Old 02-24-05, 09:35 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

sorry for the confusion, someone told me the thin blue wire is called the fuse wire, remote wire, and turn on wire so thats why i kept saying fuse...i didnt mean fuse as in a fuse...i guess its just called the remote wire then...but yea ummmmm can you like guide me and tell me where i can find the antenna wire, the color of it, and once again steps for "dummys"...oh and i live in houston texas
Old 02-24-05, 09:39 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

the wire you need is a green stripped wire running to your power antenna in the trunk. Just use a standard t-tap clip. Go to an auto parts store to the electrical section and pick up a pack. you have already completed the hard parts.
Old 02-24-05, 10:28 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

just a dumb question but when you use the cd player/changer doesn't the radio turn off. if so doesn't it cut 12volts from the ant. if so wouldn't that mean that the ant would turn off and so would the aftermarket amp. thats how it works with an aftermarket head unit when you hook up the power ant lead to operate the power ant. if you accidently hook up the power ant lead to the amp turn on, the amp turns off when the fm isn't in use. I didn't ever hook up my system in mine serperate. I went ahead and did the whole 9, so i don't know if it has some other way of staying on when the cd player is in use, but i say test the wire mentioned above. if it works great if not the connect the remote wire directly to the accessory wire in the steering column. it should be pink/blue found in the ignition harness
Old 02-25-05, 10:07 AM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Couldnt tell ya. I used a different wire when I still had my stock head unit. Aerostar should know.
Old 02-25-05, 11:01 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by inovashn
just a dumb question but when you use the cd player/changer doesn't the radio turn off. if so doesn't it cut 12volts from the ant. if so wouldn't that mean that the ant would turn off and so would the aftermarket amp. thats how it works with an aftermarket head unit when you hook up the power ant lead to operate the power ant. if you accidently hook up the power ant lead to the amp turn on, the amp turns off when the fm isn't in use. I didn't ever hook up my system in mine serperate. I went ahead and did the whole 9, so i don't know if it has some other way of staying on when the cd player is in use, but i say test the wire mentioned above. if it works great if not the connect the remote wire directly to the accessory wire in the steering column. it should be pink/blue found in the ignition harness
Nah man, I have my aftermarket amp hooked up the RED WITH GREEN STRIPE wire running to the antennae. It turns on when I turn the key to ACC or turn the car on, and turn off when I turn the key to OFF. Whether you're listening to the radio, cd player, tape player/etc your amp will get power if you use that wire. And that one is already in trunk which makes it that much easier.

PS. Running a wire all the way to the steering column is just a waste of time and wiring
Old 02-25-05, 11:10 AM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

YOu can use the wire that runs to the stock sub amp for your remote turn on also. It is blue with a white stripe. It is about the same in terms of ease as the antenna one(as long as you alreasy have your back seats and such removed) Pick your poison!
Old 02-25-05, 11:16 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pirate400
YOu can use the wire that runs to the stock sub amp for your remote turn on also. It is blue with a white stripe. It is about the same in terms of ease as the antenna one(as long as you alreasy have your back seats and such removed) Pick your poison!
Yea either one will work fine, whatever floats your boat
Old 02-25-05, 05:57 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

okay can anyone tell me where the stock sub amp is????? i looked everywhere and the only amp i see is the one underneath the cd changer in the trunk on the passenger side. I went down to "Cartoys" and the guys there dont really know much about SC300's and installing because they kept arguing with me that there is no way i can hook the rca converter to the rear sub and make the aftermarket amp work. they kept saying that i have to put the rca converter in the back of the stock radio and i was like ya okay whatever so i left that place because i think they wanted to make money off of me... SO PLEEEEASE, CAN ANYONE PLEEEEEEASE SHOW ME A PIC OF WHERE THE STOCK SUB AMP IS AND THE WIRE FOR THE REMOTE OR A PIC OF WHERE THE ANTENNA WIRE IS AND A PIC OF THE REMOTE WIRE HOOKED UP TO IT...PLEEEEEASE!!!! THANKS!
Old 02-25-05, 07:07 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

i sont have a digi cam sorry. The stock amp is on the back deck next to the sub. It doesnt really look like an amp but it is.
Old 02-25-05, 09:37 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Come on man, why cant you go and take a look and figure it out. With all the info we've given you, it should be VERY easy to do. Im 17 and I managed to figure out all the wiring easily. You just have to go and try it for yourself
Old 02-25-05, 10:52 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

i opened up the back deck and the carpet...took out the stock sub...theres no amp on either side...so i just stuck the remote to the battery (amp stays on 24/7 even when cars turned off). cartoys told me my car only has ONE AMP and thats under the cd changer so oh well, i guess once i figure out where the antenna wire is ill just take the remote out from the battery and stick it there, till then i shall disconnect the remote from the amp everytime i turn off the car or i might put a switch on the remote wire if i can..thanks for helping
Old 02-26-05, 07:39 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

For the antennae wiring, look where your antennae is. Pull down the left side of the trunk linking and you'll see the guts of the antennae and the wiring running to it.
Old 02-26-05, 11:51 AM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

alright aero and u said the wire that i should hook the remote to is the red w/ green stripe wire? i will go check up on it today because last night when i check i only saw a blue wire and a black w/ white stripe wire (those two wires were leading to no where, they were just hanging there)...there was also a bundle of wires hooked to a harness but i didnt mess with those...better yet, how about i go take a pic of all those wires and show u guys and u can tell me which one to hook it up to lol

Quick Reply: Does anyone know where in the stock SC300 amp, I attach my fuse remote wire?? Pics???