Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

MTX's NEW $999 SUB and Pioneers New Premiere!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-01, 12:27 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my new Crutchfield Magazine and was surprised to see that they sell Kicker stuff once again!! I wonder why they dropped Kicker for a while!?!

Anyways, while looking through, I notice the new Pioneer Premiere Series Woofers. They seem to be great woofers. Pioneer has alwasy been one for SOUND QUALITY and these woofers seem to show it. The frequency range is 15-2,000hz. While as most subs only put out about 150 or 200 hz. I also noticed they have a DVC model and a SVC model (great for system builders). Both are bargain priced at $199 SVC and $219 DVC respectively. They handle up to 400w RMS and 800w peak!!

MTX has come out with a new MONSTER WOOFER!! Now this is a subwoofer!! I have NEVER read specs like these for a woofer!! It's called the RFL152 SPL Competition Subwoofer. It only comes in a 15" model and weighs in at a WHOPPING 56 pounds!! It's a GIANT among GIANTS... It can handle an AMAZING 2,000w RMS and 4,000w PEAK!!

"The inverted surround is made of muti-layer polyester, so it won't split apart when you turn up the power. A die cast aluminum mounting ring separates two 3-layer spiders to provide additional strength. And many of its parts are BOLTED (yes bolted -me-) together because adhesives can't bind them."

Now how's that for a sub!! It's too bad it cost $999.95!! Or else I would buy one!! LOL

What do ya think of this bad boy??
Old 05-15-01, 04:56 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking How Many Ya Gettin!?

Justin - How many R U gonna squeeze in your GS????? Read between the lines about the power handling - not only will it handle 2k-4k watts, it's gonna take at least that much to move that magnet!!:eek: Saw in this month's Max Power ( yeah, I know they only cover Euro trash rydes now! ) but it has a nice beginners section on bass ( woofers; enclosures; wiring; etc ). In the new products area there was a 21" woofer from someone ( forget whom & don't have the mag anymore ). Think it goes for $2k MSRP itself! :eek: Someone's REALLY proud of that one! Really surprised at the 93.1 sensitivity rating - wouldn't expect it to be that high on a dedicated SPL woofer.
Old 05-19-01, 11:45 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Pioneer?!?!? Sound Quality?!?!? KAF KAF!!!! (Snicker...grin...) WHOOOOP WHOOOOOP! (The sound of my BS detector going into overload.

A frequency range of 15 to 2khz. Yeah. Like they're going to need a sub/woofer/midwoofer/midrange all in one driver. The frequency response graph probably looks ragged as heck. Seriously though, you only need up to about 100hz (if that) before it starts dragging the sound stage towards the rear.

56 pound magnet? Great for lowering the car without resorting to springs. It'll be a hit for those HARD CORE SPL guys. I'm talking about NO midrange, NO treble. ALL BASS!!! (Place pic of 16 year old kid here with ears bleeding and big ol grin on his face....Honda Civic)

Percy

Old 05-22-01, 12:39 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

percy I have a pair of pioneer premiers in my car and I must say they do hit hard and low for 12's alot of people think Im running 15's in there because of the low frequances Im getting they might not be the best speakers in the market but they out preformed my friends 12" JL audio's W6's and my other friends RF punch sieries 12's with no problem they sounded real clear and they pounded hard Im running them @1ohm with an MTX 1500dx amp which I personaly call the the little amp that can its an amazing amp for its size and it pushes out 750watts @1ohm but if you do get the right setup on the pioneers they are the best bang for the buck some people cannot offord the higher quality speakers like the eclipses and dyna audio so they opt for JL audio which I think is a waste of money they used to be good but now there just a brand name and alot of other speakers out preform them dont get me wrong there still excellent speakers but they are way overpriced for there preformance Ive had my premiers for about a year and a half and they have passed my torcher test with flying colors if I was going to go out and buy new speakers I would buy the premiers again and I would recomend them to anyone who is planing to spend no more than $220 for speakers but if you are then try cerwin vega's or eclipses or you could check out the JBL GTI's 12" 4000WATTS, 15" 6000WATTS now thats alot of power!!!!!!
Old 05-22-01, 12:41 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

my bad the 15" GTI's ar rated at 7000watts max
Old 05-22-01, 07:42 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You get a "NOPRIZE" for the longest sentence without any real punctuation. Let's not try that again.

Percy

Originally posted by biggie27
percy I have a pair of pioneer premiers in my car and I must say they do hit hard and low for 12's alot of people think Im running 15's in there because of the low frequances Im getting they might not be the best speakers in the market but they out preformed my friends 12" JL audio's W6's and my other friends RF punch sieries 12's with no problem they sounded real clear and they pounded hard Im running them @1ohm with an MTX 1500dx amp which I personaly call the the little amp that can its an amazing amp for its size and it pushes out 750watts @1ohm but if you do get the right setup on the pioneers they are the best bang for the buck some people cannot offord the higher quality speakers like the eclipses and dyna audio so they opt for JL audio which I think is a waste of money they used to be good but now there just a brand name and alot of other speakers out preform them dont get me wrong there still excellent speakers but they are way overpriced for there preformance Ive had my premiers for about a year and a half and they have passed my torcher test with flying colors if I was going to go out and buy new speakers I would buy the premiers again and I would recomend them to anyone who is planing to spend no more than $220 for speakers but if you are then try cerwin vega's or eclipses or you could check out the JBL GTI's 12" 4000WATTS, 15" 6000WATTS now thats alot of power!!!!!!
Old 05-22-01, 08:01 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol , Hahahaha, hehehehe ,

You guys crack me up.

This calls for a job for Calvin.
Old 05-23-01, 03:29 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

lol yah I did forget that huh