Loosing control!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-01, 04:40 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Gene/Percy,

I think I'm starting to get out of control. I got word from my contact that the Dyn's I had ordered are on backorder, the MD130 tweets specifically. It should be another 2 weeks before I see anything.

In the mean time, I figure why not go ahead & upgrade the amp powering them. I think I went a little overboard & got a RF 800a4 to run the Dyns up front. I believe the RF 800a4 runs 100x4 RMS @ 4 ohms. Remember the tweets are 8 ohm, but I don't expect bad output levels b/c of that spec. Anyway, this will allow me to take the Diamond Hex crossover out of the set up & run the s600a's on the original 4 channel Sony amp from up front & fully utilize the 10 channel crossover sectino of the Symmetry. The Diamonds for rear fill are pending some interest from a couple of Clublexus members. If purchased, I will use the $$ for some Dyaudio rear fill drivers. WOO HA!! The Sony amp is 75x4 RMS @ 4 ohms (less sonic quality compared to the RF but hell, it's rear fill).

I'm also still debating the PS2 issue, as I can't make up my mind. I have heard from several installers that the PS2 disc loading mechanism is not kind to mobile installs. In comparison to the PS1 & the Dreamcast, the PS2 disc do not sit or snap securely onto the center spindle....making for some slight picture quality issues when you encounter a hiccup in the road.

I came across something interesting in Autosound & Security. The manufacturer ACCELEVISION has an in-dash DVD/CD/MP3 player offering. What's interesting about the unit is that it has a built-in Dolby Digital 5.1 decoder, 12 volt power supply, extended remote eye & infrared remote. I'm not sure what the $$ offering is thopugh. It's due to come out on Tues & the part # is DVDDIN51 if anyone wants to research them. Gene, P, or anyone have any experience or know of the reputation of Accelevision?? What interests me is that if this unit has the 5.1 ability, does this mean I DO NOT need an outboard unit to do the 5.1?

For those who care, Cancun sends it love & I had a blast!! I think i need to cut some of this stereo stuff for a jet ski!!

Marken.
Swift Racing Technologies
http://www.swiftracing.com
Old 05-15-01, 05:13 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Accelevision

Marken - I've torn down ( up? ) an Accelevision monitor before & it's built OK. Most monitors I've seen & examined, regardless of the brand, are made by Santeka as was the Accelevision one. Can't give ya a pixel count but the picture wasn't bad. Not too sure about their first foray into headunits, though. I'd be kinda afraid to purchase a brand new unit, especially from a company that is just starting in that area. About the 5.1 - U shouldn't need the add-on module if the Accelevison player has it. Remember that I can't even add on the Alpine 5.1 decoder because all my input/output sources on the Symmetry are being used. I'm running more amps than U so that won't be a problem for ya! Glad Cancun went well - didja bring me back anything; say, a 21 year old blonde!!?? :eek: