Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vais Tech and Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-05, 05:37 PM
gekisai29
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone actually installed this stuff yet?
Old 01-18-05, 12:17 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gekisai29
has anyone actually installed this stuff yet?
VVT-i did on his GS.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124616
Old 01-18-05, 04:18 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here's a pic of the new one

This new one utilizes the MD Changer option of the ML Nav Systems that have it to display songh name, artist, channel etc.
Attached Thumbnails Vais Tech and Satellite Radio-sirius-display.gif  
Old 01-18-05, 11:24 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

I wonder if Satellite radio and Ipod interface could be combined into one unit or have two units connected together. Even if this meant having a A/B switcher for the RCA AUX input of a single unit. Satellite would be controlled by CD2 and Ipod my MD.
Old 01-18-05, 11:26 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LS007
I wonder if Satellite radio and Ipod interface could be combined into one unit or have two units connected together. Even if this meant having a A/B switcher for the RCA AUX input of a single unit. Satellite would be controlled by CD2 and Ipod my MD.
Never combine the outputs of two units directly together. Use an A/B switcher, with either passive or electronic switching.
Old 01-19-05, 06:22 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LS007
The Vais Tech Boxes have an additional aux input already. You can switch back and forth to the their AUX source, you just cannot change channels/songs like you can with the satellite.
Old 01-19-05, 03:37 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by looknow12
The Vais Tech Boxes have an additional aux input already. You can switch back and forth to the their AUX source, you just cannot change channels/songs like you can with the satellite.
Thanks. I'd think it could be made so the functions of the Ipod interface could also work when you have a satellite interface. Maybe it could be a super deluxe model! Double bang for the buck... maybe for like $699.

These are the Ipod interface controls:

Audio Source selection and iPod™ controls via OEM Radio or Steering Wheel Controls *

Artist/Song info displayed on the Navigation screen or Radio display **

Track info displayed on the Navigation screen or Radio display ***
Old 01-22-05, 01:15 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered my aic-100x kit for my ls 430. it cost 369 dollars plus 20 bucks for shipping. myself and vcheng spearheaded the effort for the ls 430 although he now has another vehicle simply because we both wanted a direct connection instead of the inferior sound of the roady. I dont think I will get the track info but thats ok. it sure beat the lack of choice regular radio offers.
Old 01-22-05, 08:22 AM
gekisai29
Driver

a local installer told me thay eugene from vaistech told him that the x will not work with the 430. did he get it wrong?
Old 01-22-05, 11:29 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I specifically told eugene that I had an ls 430 and he said [this is literally a pasted quote from the email response]

'Robert,
It is tested and proved to be working fine with you car.'

and its in response to the question I asked:

You haven’t noted if this unit is tested and proved to be working for the Lexus ls 430 though. This is the car I have.

I did note last nite that the price of the unit is the same price as the unit from lexus-parts.com . we will see what happens in the next 2 weeks when I have it installed.
Old 01-22-05, 06:16 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Slightly off topic, are you guys emailing the tech support email or the general sales and info email? I've emailed them about 5 days ago and have not gotten a reply. I'm trying to see if they can get it to work on an 04 RX330 with NO navigation but nobody gets back to me.
Old 01-25-05, 01:54 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Slightly off topic, are you guys emailing the tech support email or the general sales and info email? I've emailed them about 5 days ago and have not gotten a reply. I'm trying to see if they can get it to work on an 04 RX330 with NO navigation but nobody gets back to me.
I've experience some delays, but they never forget and do crank through the emails without fail.

The RX should work fine. I've seen the manual for this device and it shows the display of the non navigation units and how it looks with satellite integrated into it.
Old 01-25-05, 02:18 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vais Tech

I've emailed them about 5 days ago and have not gotten a reply. I'm trying to see if they can get it to work on an 04 RX330 with NO navigation but nobody gets back to me.
You can reach Eugene from Vais Tech at 720-733-2348.

~ Cap
Old 01-26-05, 07:44 AM
FlintRX
Rookie

Since the radio is not integrated into the Nav screen, it shouldn't be much (if any) different than the controls for a 330 with Nav. I'm still waiting for a release date.....
Old 01-27-05, 03:50 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlintRX
Since the radio is not integrated into the Nav screen, it shouldn't be much (if any) different than the controls for a 330 with Nav. I'm still waiting for a release date.....
That is the thing, the last word someone posted here was that it will NOT work with the RX330 nav system with back up camera because of ECU issues and whatnot. I guess I can see that, but hopefuly the non back up camera and non nav system should have no such problem.

Quick Reply: Vais Tech and Satellite Radio