Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

01 Gs430 W/ml

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-01, 10:42 AM
Stealth

Is it possible to get a wiring diagram for the ML AMP to enable me to tap into the rear door speakers to install a LLC ? I would much rather tap into the trunk then run wires into the doors.
Old 05-12-01, 05:02 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isnt that what you're supposed to do anyway??? You do have the right idea!!! tap an LLC from the speaker outs at the amp (in the trunk) and then add an aftermarket amp.. then run speaker wire from there to your new speakers?

if this is so... just trace which wires run to the speakers.... cut them... place an LLC there.. amp then run new better wires to new speakers...

not that simple of a processs.. but this is i guess the main idea...
Old 05-12-01, 05:17 PM
Stealth

I Don't want to tap into the outputs on the amp - I'm looking for the input side. The signal after the amp is already amplified. What I'm installing is a Powered Sub from Kenwood (KSC-WA1001), and I want to use the Low Level inputs using a Monster Cable LLC (FX-100).
Old 05-12-01, 11:29 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF the ML is of similar design to the Nak and Premium systems of the past... if you tap before the amp, you will have to tap another line for your CDplayer... I believe that the CDplayer is hooked directly to the amp and the Radio/tape is a separate line to the amp...

Isn't the whole purpose of an LLC (line level converter) to convert (amplified)speaker-level outputs to line-level outputs, hence line level converter?

Old 05-13-01, 04:34 AM
Stealth

hmmm....didn't know that the CD changer would be involved in the amplification process. No, I would think that the LLC should be BEFORE the main amp and would want to see a "pre-amplified" signal - more or less like the pre-out RCA's of a aftermarket head unit.

Percy, what do you think ?
Old 05-14-01, 02:15 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The purpose of LLC's are just mainly to kick down high levels down to low levels that an aftermarket amp can handle. Installing an LLC before the amp (LLC'ing an already line level output before amp) isn't going to work too well. The right way to do it is to install the LLC AFTER the amp. Otherwise the signal level is going to be so small that you might not hear anything!

Now if you're actually tapping the line level signal wires then it's a different story. You won't need an LLC. But you will need a fader as the ML system only has a set of outputs. L+/L-/R+/R-.

I'll try to dig up the schematic and scan it for you. Just have to find them first.

Percy