Curve ball thrown

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-01, 05:15 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Just an update on audio system upgrade:

The day before my wedding & when I was suppose to drop off my car to be worked on, I decided to go down to the installer's shop to cover last minute details.

After talking with him, he informs me that he's currently installing 2 large scale audio systems & will most likely not have the time to install my components while I'm out of the country ( it's only him & his younger brother running hte whole place). What a f@*k!% bummer . I was also told that the door panels themselves would probably take at least 3 weeks to a month to complete with his current schedule.

I was really pissed off...but what can you do? Exactly right, nothing! So, funny thing happened after that.................my brother flies into town that night from New York for my wedding & we're catching up on old times as I haven't seen him in at least 5 years.

He was tellin me that he works for some automotive shop in Brooklyn & come to find out, they do aftermarket high performance work in addition to rims, tires and YES...................customized car stereo work. They have a full time installer that has done numerous competition system & as well as fiberglass work.

YEAH BOY!!!!

The plan is to deliver my car to the shop upon returning from Mexico & I will leave it there probably till the first of June when all the work is completed. I would normally have reservations with this type of arrangement, but by my brother being there, I really can't go wrong. He supposedly runs the store in 2nd command to the owner.

the moral of the story is......always keep in touch with your family, as you NEVER know when you going to need them when you're between a rock & hard place!

Well....time to pack for Cancun, baby!!!!!!!

Marken.

Last edited by lexlyf; 05-06-01 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-06-01, 11:41 PM
Jazziz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Marken,

Again congrats! By the way, don't forget to take that tanning oil!!