Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Ok, here is what I was thinking

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-01, 01:15 PM
Sexyschmidty

I already have the changer and my speakers sound ok, they are just the manufacture speakers. I was looking into getting a sub an amp, but I am not too sure what levels I should be looking into getting. I want base and good sound, but I dont want it to be all base. The subs I have thought about are:
Either the BAZOOKA EL10AHP or the POLK MM100. My buget it going to be around $300, plus I work for Circuit City so anything I get though them is a lot cheaper. If you know if these would be good, and you could tell me more about them, I would be very grateful. Thanks,
Andy
Old 05-04-01, 11:57 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question The Polk?

Andy - Not familar with the Polk numbers - is that a bass tube or a raw driver? As far as the Bazooka amplified tube, see my comments in the "10" Bazooka" thread close to this one. Though there's nothing wrong with a bass tube type of setup, I've never found one with an accurate ( not muddied ) bass frequency that I would choose over a good sealed ( or even free-air ) sub. If the Polk's just a sub that needs a box, then I'd pick it over the tube type but it'll cost ya more because U'll then need an amp & enclosure - but it'll sound MUCH better!!