Sponsored by:

Watched a Stereo Break-in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-01, 01:15 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Just wanted to share some GOOD cop action ( unlike the one that JB posted in the Lobby - JB, U vicious threat to mankind speeder!! LOL!! ). I do the ride-along program with the city cops occasionally. Last Friday I was with a former football buddy turned cop when we came up on a slammed typical Civic ( rims, Folgers can exhaust tip & BOOMING stereo! ). We cut him some slack until he entered a nice middle to upper class neighborhood with the SPL maxed out. This was at 11:30 PM so we pulled him over & it was 2 guys that I knew from the local stereo scene so we told them to turn it down - they lived in that neighborhood ( No ticket - my buddy's cool!! ). Upon leaving the area, he noticed an old, beat-up van with 2 guys in it. He told me that those guys were car thieves he'd busted last year so he pulled them over & looked in the van. It was clean but LOTS of tools in the back. Figured they were following the LOUD Civic & had their sights on that equipment. We ran them off ( yes, I carry & am allowed to use my Glock!! ) & the rest of the nite was typical. The next evening we were out & saw the van following the booming Civic again!! We laid back until the Civic pulled into Wally World & went in, leaving the car parked out away from the bulk of the traffic to prevent dings, I guess. We hid behind the corner of the building until the van positioned itself between the store & the Civic. When we heard glass breaking, we hit the lights & nailed them in the act!! BTW - they gave up right away so there was no need for the Glock - thank the Lord! Morale of the story is what Percy & I have been telling everyone - DON'T ADVERTISE WHAT U HAVE!!!!!:eek: U never know who's listening or following!
Old 04-23-01, 01:41 PM
lexlyf3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Oh...damn!!

Use the glock, use the glock, use the glock!!!
Old 04-23-01, 02:09 PM
wolfy187
Pole Position

U are the MAN>..... And i agree with lexlyf USE THE GLOCK... any man who messes with another's car deserve's death and a agonizing death. It is the top of the list of the most disrespectful things one man can do to another. Second and a distant second is screwing a man's wife. ahhahaha..

Good Job on the bust!!!!!

Arthur
Old 04-23-01, 02:11 PM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

I think I'll turn the volume down lower from now on.
Old 04-23-01, 03:49 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Talking WHy that story is funny to me

What's so funny to me about Gene's story is that I recently was thinking about taking up shooting @ a local firing range facility.

I would do it to mostly relieve unwanted stress in a controlled environment with professional instructing.

Marken "Bus' a cap in 'em" Smith :eek:
Old 04-23-01, 04:27 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

A couple of HATERS down, a MILLION MORE HATERS TO GO !!! ..
Old 04-23-01, 10:48 PM
GS430

i totally agree with not advertising your equipment, about a month ago 3 grand of my stereo stuff was stolen out of my mustang, no insruance on teh equipment either, and it was stolen 4 weeks after i bought it to.
Old 04-24-01, 06:30 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Gene,

Which Glock do you have? My little brothers fav is the 18C, extended mag. FULLY automatic pistol used for counter terrorism. Blows through the clip in nothing flat! (He doens't have one...he just likes the looks of it.)

Nice to know that it was an easy bust. Guys and gals, always be on the lookout for unmarked vans or old beat up cars. Most of the vans have no windows in the back so they can easilly conceal tools and stolen equipment. Watch for any tailers that are following you for more than a couple of miles or anything that looks suspicious. Alarms rarely make the difference since they can be easilly defeated and most people ignore them anyways since they're more of a noisemaker than anything else. Most of all, keep the volume DOWN. Advertising is the worst thing you can do. Any stickers? GET RID OF THEM. CD's lying around in the car? A sure sign of aftermarket equipment. DON'T GIVE THEM ANY CLUES...loud booming included. And if you show off the system to buddies, remember that all it takes is ONE creep to screw it all up. Forget about the ego and stay very modest.

Most of the systems on Rec.audio.car that have been broken into have been SPL systems. Keep it low and don't be stupid, otherwise you're setting yourself up for a steal. TIP...anything louder than a regular speaking voice is a trigger for crooks. If they hear it outside of the car...you're almost definitely marked.

Percy

Old 04-24-01, 08:30 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Wink Glock

Master P - I have the 21 series .45 Glock in the non-compensated version. It's the standard issue here to the city police. I have a .357 but they said "No!!". Kinda hard to hide a 6" barrel anyway. I like the compensated versions better though the recoil's not a problem for me - just think it looks cool, especially at night!!