Sponsored by:

Pictures Of A Head Unit Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-01, 11:13 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Question

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICS OF A HEAD UNIT INSTALLED IN LEX??? (POST THEM IF SO)

IF SO WHAT UNIT IS IT???

I'M STILL HOLDING OUT ON CHANGING OUT MY UNIT, BUT I'M STILL HAVING SO MANY F#@KING PROBLEMS OUT OF THE 12D CHANGER!!!

I'M SO CONFUSED, HELP GURU, WHAT IS YOUR EXALTED OPINION OF THE HEAD UNIT CHANGE IN TERMS OF THE BEAUTY OF THE INSTALL???

THE IKON
Old 04-22-01, 02:28 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Don't feel fustrated

IKON,

I too was in the exact position as you. It also started with my changer becoming faulty. It got to a point that no matter what, the changer would not be able to read any disc that I put in there & gave me a constant "ERROR" reading on the head unit.

Anyways, I decided to change out a few things & from then on I have never been satisfied with any combination thus far. If you have ben following my threads requesting insight from P Ditty ( I can't stop sayin that, it's so f#*$&in' funny . You know I have nothin' but love, admiration & respect for you!) and Gene, you know what I'm about to do to my '92 SC300.

Back to you....don't feel fustrated, take this time to clearly plan out what it is you would like to do. As a lesson learned from P, "What would you like your system goal's to be?" You have to honestly answer this question before you start any ground work.

I know it's hard b/c the weather is nice & you want to hear some tunes & can't quite exercise a respectible amount of patience, but you'll be much better off in the long run if you plan correctly.

The following attached pic is from a gracious gentleman who was kind enough to send this pic to me via e-mail. Yes, he is a member of this board that I will keep nameless until he chooses to identify himself. Please forgive me in advance if I have posted this pic in grave error.

Marken, aka "Lexlyf"
CMO, Swift Racing Technologies
http://www.swiftracing.com

Attached Thumbnails Pictures Of A Head Unit Installed...-alpinedvdplay.jpg  
Old 04-23-01, 12:27 AM
GSAristo
Driver

Here's a pic of my current setup... Alpine CVA-1005, DVA-5205, and NEO 35 MP3 Player (that replaced the stock changer in the glove box)... I love this MP3 technology. Granted it's not the same sound quality as a CD, but when you're driving around, close is good enough - especially when you have over 2000 songs on tap. And that's only using up 9GB on a 20GB Maxtor hard driver!
Attached Thumbnails Pictures Of A Head Unit Installed...-source.jpg  
Old 04-23-01, 01:51 AM
reLEXin247
Rookie

Marken, I don't mind you posting that pic of my dash at all. If you guys want some closer pics so you can really see the plexiglass work i'll take some this weekend.
Old 04-23-01, 04:57 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Default Wait on change

ikon hold off a few days... i will be trying a toyota adapter from blitzsafe. because like you my 12d cd sucks *** and want to change it badly. if it works which i don't really see a reason it won't . it should save us both a lot of headaches and money

will post check the sc forum and here

Arthur
Old 04-23-01, 05:01 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Talking I'm glad

Good deal. I didn't think you would have minded, but I was being curteous just in case. Some people get really offended & paranoid.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-01, 05:03 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Wolfy,

Which part of Dc are you in?? Do you attend GW? I would like to see some pics of your SC3.
Old 04-23-01, 06:06 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Marken
yeah i go to gw we talked before but you never wanted to meet up. Pics of my car are in the gallery the white sc with volk rims

either the second or third page back

Arthur
Old 04-23-01, 06:08 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

secondary thought send me an email or call me and we can get in touch i've tried calling swift but i ahve no idea how to get a hold of you

Arthur

wolfy187@aol.com
202-452-1145
Old 04-23-01, 07:07 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Lightbulb

Nice systems guys. The confusion is deadly! I'm a stickler for appearance and smooth lines... However, I think I'm at the breaking point. So, Wolfy I'm hanging on by a thread, I got my fingers crossed...

Thanks for the pic. I have to say your install looks better than the ones I've seen.

Is the overall fit and finish as nice as the general appearance appears to be(rattle free, squeak free, flush)? Post some more side views if possible. I know there are more than 2 custom systems out there...

This is a tough situaton for a lot of Lexus owners, so if you have any advice/photos, post it/them. We could all use the info/pics. TIA

So, show off those units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-01, 09:27 AM
reLEXin247
Rookie

Wolfy187, the Blitz safe adaptor you're referring to will not work, I've been there and tried that before... neither will any of the aftermarket interfaces for cd changers. I have tried all the brands looking for the correct one for myself and for my customers. It is a different interface than Lexus, and that's why there's so much talk on the forums about changing the cd changer out. About the dash Ikon, I have zero problems with it, no squeeks or rattles... however it's not an easy trim panel to make and if you're not accustomed to working with plexiglass it could be very difficult for even an experienced installer. I'll take more pics of it from different angles and post them for you.
Old 04-23-01, 03:43 PM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Talking called blitzsafe

asked them about interface with a lexus and they said they wil have one around july. Is it worth the wait... I don't that needs to be a decision that you make on your own. Personally i like the way the stock unit works right now and do not want to have to switch to a FM modulater. Since i can't drive my car here in DC anyway, i will wait till july and see how it goes

Arthur