Sponsored by:

Speaker upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-04, 11:54 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by southernsc
a/d/s rocks old school, just like soundstream. soundstream's speakers have always sucked, but i have never seen a more impressive line up of amps.
This is bait for Percy. Percy?...
Old 07-29-04, 06:24 PM
mikee72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard MBQ's, and to me, they are typical of the "New Generation" of stuff that is geared towards people who lsten to Rap, Techno, etc., with a harsh "digital" sound. I'll give the Dyn's a listen. It sounds like they are exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 07-29-04, 07:20 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When a soundstream worked, it was pretty much bulletproof. Good stuff. At the factory though, there have been 90% failure rates, but that was due to bad soldering and same colored wires...and they never made it out of the shop.

Hard to think that "old school" was in the mid '90's. High end audio was at it's peak then, but it's a bit different now...

Percy
Old 07-29-04, 08:17 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Default Old School

Things just aren't as good as they used to be, huh? I know I'm not!
Old 07-29-04, 09:03 PM
mikee72
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Percy
When a soundstream worked, it was pretty much bulletproof. Good stuff. At the factory though, there have been 90% failure rates, but that was due to bad soldering and same colored wires...and they never made it out of the shop.

Hard to think that "old school" was in the mid '90's. High end audio was at it's peak then, but it's a bit different now...

Percy
I've owned 4 Soundstream amps since 1990, (D100, D60, D200, MC245) one of which, (MC245) I still own and use to this day in my other car. I don't know about their later ('95-) stuff, but I've never had a problem with any of them. Also, the SS12 I owned back then was the tightest sounding sub I had ever heard, easily surpassing the Fosgate Punch Pro and other contemporaries.
Old 07-30-04, 10:07 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by engin_ear
This is bait for Percy. Percy?...

Hmmm....

Need to check out Tru Technology, Brax, McIntosh....

The guys that really listen to input from customers are Tru Tech. Spent about an hour on the phone talking with their lead technician/engineer and he knew his stuff. Can't say the same about Alpine though. As for Mc, they've always been helpful with the questions that I've asked them.

Brax...no experience with these amps, other than they can sound even better with some small mods. I'm very willing to have one modded just to let Peter Lufrano hear the difference.

Percy