Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help! *Did Search*

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-04, 02:47 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx alot man for taking your time on helping me out, now i have something to work with

A few questions though... 1st, are those pictures from the front (where it connects) or from the back (where the wires go in to)? 2nd, howcome theres Ant-A & Ant-B on one clip and another Ant on the other clip? 3rd and last, would you happen to know where Illumination would be? I think its #2 (looking at front clip) on the top harness clip because i put a volt meter on it and it turns on when i turn on the parking light. i just want to make sure its the right one before i fry anything
Old 02-19-04, 03:11 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) From the back. To double check, the memory wire is going to be lavender w/ yellow stripe and ACC will be green, Ground is going to be black, etc.

2) Yeah that antenna stuff is a lexus-only thing. Makes no sense. You might have to experiment with splicing them together. I DO know that all three of those wires go directly to the antenna motor and on my car they were not on two seperate harnesses like yours - don't know why they split them up like that.

3) You might be right about that #2C wire. There is nothing labeled ILL on the wiring diagram, and no mention of the #2C at all. They might have considered the illumination seperate from the stereo and not included it in the diagram. Also try the wire right below it, #9C. They might be related somehow.
Old 02-19-04, 03:29 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Snap. I just noticed that in the SC there is a volume **** seperate from the radio. That is what the blue connector goes to. I don't see how you can make use of this info at all but here it is for the heck of it.

BLACK is PWR

GREEN is VOL+

WHITE is VOLC - ???

RED is SGN1

BROWN? is SG

Last edited by Pianoman72; 02-19-04 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-19-04, 04:21 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

haha thanx man, your info is helping me alot because im doing a hack job and i need to know where to tap the connectors

Hey, where are you download the wire colors at, i want to check them out also? im looking at the output clip from the factory amp and i wanted to see the colors of the speaker wires so i can tap them with my aftermarket amp. no point of me running new speaker wires when it's all already there. also, i want to check out the colors for the antenna because it says no signal from the intellectual site, but u gave me the diagram for it, i just want to double check. i dont see the color diagram in the intellectual site... thanx again for your help.

Last edited by TrboDANDEE; 02-19-04 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-20-04, 10:22 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

wow. it seems like so many ppl are posting threads on putting aftermarket audio in their Sc's. a few months ago when i installed my HU there were no recent threads on wiring. ok here's the thing. i wouldn't hack up my audio yet if i were you. i used the Scosche Ta02b 87+ toyota wire harness. i heard it doesn't fit all years, and i wasn't sure if it would fit mine til i tried it, and it worked. since it only costs like $10 i believe, as opposed to the ridiculous one on autotoys (which they made me wait one month, after which i finally cancelled the order). so my suggestion would be to buy this harness if you haven't already hacked up your radio. the only problem with it, as someone mentioned, is the power antenna part, which i believe you'll need to hack. I haven't yet, but intend to look into it soon (been lazy w/ my car). btw all the wiring colors are on the back of the bag of the harness if u buy it. from what i remembered, it all matched up color-wise. good luck on the install.
also. i used the diagram from intellextual.net and it served me fine. i used two plugs, although i heard ppl saying they just used one. hope this helps
Old 02-20-04, 10:27 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

looking at the wiring diagram now. i'm almost certain i used socket A and D.
Old 02-21-04, 08:02 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

thats wierd, my toyota harness only plugged into sockets B and D? i knew i had to use socket A from the Intellectual diagram, so what i did was just tapped the Power, ACC and ILL from socket A and im just gonna run an aftermarket amp and use that to power all my speakers. now i just gotta figure out the antenna situations... i need the diagram for that and its not in the intellectual diagram
Old 02-22-04, 08:14 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Just PM me with your email if you want the diagram I was using. I think I have the one from intellextual.net, though.
Old 02-22-04, 09:48 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

Just finished the install, everything works, even the antenna! mine was kinda difficult to find the speaker wires because they were all coming from the output harness from the factory amp in the trunk, so i just used an aftermarket amp and ran the wires myself.

Everything u need is from clip A (looking from the front)

#1 and #8 is antenna, connect those together and run it to remote or antenna lead from the aftermarket radio

#2 is illumination

#3 is ACC (ignition)

#4 is Constant 12v (battery)

Hope that helps most of you, if you have any questions, holla at me... Peace!

Thanx for the peeps who helped me out with the diagram!
Old 03-12-04, 02:12 PM
advan7
Pole Position

I just finished making my own custom radio install kit, and just wanted to make sure that i will only need to utilize this clip to wire up my radio

The blue AC clip won't be used for anything and won't jack up my ac? I too will be using a 5 channel amp and will be running rca's to the back as well.

Have pics of the single din install kit if anyone is curious.
Old 03-12-04, 02:46 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Did anyone figure out which of the antenna wires made the antenna go up and down when the radio is on?
Old 03-12-04, 06:00 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

advan7: The blue clip is not used at all and it wont mess up ur a/c unit. I would love to see your custom install kit when u get a chance.

Vegassc400: #1 and #8 is for your antenna, i wired both of them together and hooked it up to my remote wire from the radio. My antenna goes up and down when my radio is turned on and off. the only way u will be able to make ur antenna go up and down when switching from cd to radio is if you have an antenna lead from your aftermarket radio.

Good luck with your set up guys
Old 04-06-04, 06:20 PM
fst96se
Driver School Candidate

This forum seems pretty dead, and this thread is getting kinda old, but I have QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, So I was getting ready to splice my head unit into the factory harness. But did anybody notice that for the speakers, there is NO SPACE FOR THE NEGATIVE WIRE? Is this a common ground system?? If so that should mean that there is no way in hell to run the factory amp off of my head unit. I haven't seen any mention of that on this whole site. It is frustrating because right now the search function isn't working. Anyway, there needs to be a SERIOUS FAQ on this subject.

Common ground, 1ohm speakers, toyota harness doesn't work on my car. SOOOOO, it is kinda looking like I will HAVE to buy new speakers and a new 4 channel amp ( or two two channel amps), just to be able to use an aftermarket headunit. THIS SUCKS.

I will probably never get a dumb reply to this either.
Old 04-07-04, 08:32 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

That's because the wires from the headunit run to the factory amp, not to the speakers. Think of them as RCAs. They are low voltage wires and the GND wire, pin 12C, is used by the factory amp to filter out the line noise.

As always, just PM me with your email address and I can send you the wiring diagram and you can see for yourself everything that is going on.
Old 04-13-04, 09:23 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

What's wrong did you not like my dumb reply or did you just give up?

Originally posted by fst96se
This forum seems pretty dead, and this thread is getting kinda old, but I have QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS SUCKS.

I will probably never get a dumb reply to this either.

Quick Reply: Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help! *Did Search*