Sponsored by:

"cd changer"

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-04, 12:49 PM
95lexus300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "cd changer"

Recently bought a very low miles 95 es 300. Car did not have a CD changer so I purchased one on Ebay.
I connected and can here the CD magazine load but no control/recogniton from the radio console. Any suggestions? I tried disconnecting the battery overnight but all that did was erase the preset stations.

Seller says the unit was working just fine, that maybe might radio needs to be reset.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 01-27-04, 04:50 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

#1the cds need to be in the magazine upside down or shiney side up or the radio wont recognize the cd changer.
#2 always buy ebay items by paypal and buy the paypal fraud insurance. paypal will buy back the broken cd changer and you wont have to worry about arguing the dishonest seller. the sellers excuse will be it was broken in shipping... this is an electronic problem which doesnt occur occur in shipping.............................................#3 you could you go to local salvage yard and ask to test the es300 changer.they have for sale or maybe you have a friend that will let you hook up a first generation changer. if that one works at least you will know that the wiring and fuses are all working and you have probably run into the 50 % chance that an ebay cd changer doesnt work........................................................................#4..more ebay advice.. if the ebay description says the unit works but is sold "as is". that is ebay double talk that means the changer worked when removed from the car but was in a flood and under water for several days and now they are sellin it ":as is". but it did work when they removed it from the car before before the flood came. yes sir re! the ebay seller will swear in court that it worked when they removed it from the car in 1993 before the flood. but they are selling it as is." as is" is an ebay euphemism for "it doesnt work". if the thing really worked they would say it worked without selling it "as is". if your cd changer ebay description doesnt say "as is" you should be able to file an ebay fraud claim which is harder to prove then the paypal insurance claim which actually buys the broken changer from you.
Old 01-27-04, 05:05 PM
95lexus300
Driver School Candidate

Lexusaudio,

thanks for posting and the advice. I did load the magazine & cds correctly. I can hear the changer loading and initializing, but nothing happens when I push the cd button. Seller says it was working, did not state sold as is.

I paid with paypal but do not remember ( i will check) the option for fraud insurance unless it is automatic.

So it is better to file a fraud with ebay as oppose to insurance claim with paypal.

thanks
Old 01-27-04, 05:40 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

paypal will only do a charge back for non receipt of the item unless you paid extra for the extra insurance.ebay has a fraud insurance where if item was not as described they will settle with insurance company minus 25.00 deductible up tpo 200.00 claim.. of course ebay wants you to try to get the seller to give you a refund so they dont have to be involved. it sounds like the pcb board is not working and they are no longer available so can not simply be replaced. if you wanted to send it ton me for daignosis at least i could help you prove it couldnt have been broken in shipping and if showing signs of corrosion would prove my flood theory. i am just joking but i did get a changer once that looked like it was in a flood.
Old 01-29-04, 07:46 AM
95lexus300
Driver School Candidate

lexusaudio, you were right. I was sold a bad cd changer. I was able to aqcuire one locally yesterday and it works great. On the positive side also, the ebay seller is going to refund my money. thanks for your help.
Old 01-29-04, 08:12 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm glad you got it all worked out.