Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVH-P7500 Touchscreen Unit Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-03, 10:20 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVH-P7500 Touchscreen Unit Review

Decided to swap out my 3 units of my system: Pioneer AVH-P7300, AV-8000 brain, and Pioneer TV tuner unit, and replace it with the new Pioneer AVH-7500 touchscreen unit. I was spoiled by riding in my woman's 2002 ES300 with touchscreen Navi! I also have the older Pioneer AVIC-9DVD navigation unit.

Well, I had to buy the upgrade DVD to convert my older navi unit to the touchscreen format, and also buy a cable to connect it to the new head unit. Looking over the features of the unit, I couldn't wait to have it installed, these features included:

1) Total touchscreen control of all Pioneer modules (TV,DVD,Multi-DVD player, XM, Rearview Camera, etc)
2) Independent front/rear audio/video sources. Basically, the people in the front can listen to music, or watch TV, while the people in the back can watch a movie, or watch the navigation; and control the DVD by using the remote.
3) When used with a Pioneer navigation system, ALL controls for the NAV, DVD, TV, XM, etc; can be controlled via voice commands! It is soooo cool to say "TV", and the TV comes on. Then "Channel 2" and the channel changes. You can also control the NAV, XM, DVD, etc via voice also. Also you can control what the viewers in the backseat (if you have TVs there) see, or you have the option of allowing them to switch the video/audio sources. Great feature!
4) New upgrade DVD has better GUI for Nav, nicer views of the mapping, and 4 different driver views of the Nav. You can also save pics for the background so that you can put a pic of your car, instead of the default pics/movies.
5) Rear view camera input. You can have it stay on as a video source, or only come on when you put it in reverse. Again touchscreen controls.
6) Faster calculations of routes from the older units.
7) Unit has a better GUI interface, plus ****, and joystick controls, and buttons on the face of the unit that allows you to control most of the other sources. I had 5 remotes with my other units, now I don't use ANY of them. Also, if you close the screen you can still see information on the title/song title of CDs, time counter, and chapter of your DVD, etc.
8) Get this. It also has an electronic equalizer that you can adjust, or you can plug in the included acoustic micphone, and let the unit adjust the front, back speakers based on tone testing. You basically set the unit to analysis your car's acoustics by shutting the doors/closing the windows, and after about 6 minutes of testing: you have a customized sound system setting. VERY COOL FEATURE!!! I thought I had adjusted the unit to my taste manually, until I let the unit do it. Sounds ALOT better IMHO.
8) Has an auto light sensor to automatically go into daytime/nighttime mode if you want it too.

Cons:
1) Price. Since it is so new, I got it for around $1529 (excluding $50 shipping), but you get a TV Tuner, and DVD player with the unit as is, and compared to Alpine, and Clarion (both cost more than the Pioneer), it is a lot cheaper when you compare the features you get with the Pioneer. Not knocking the Alpine/Clarion, both are great units.
2) Features: These unit does so many things it can be overwhelming with the features, fortunately I like reading the manual, also everything is touchscreen so thats a plus.

All and all, I am VERY impressed with this unit. One of the key features which I liked that steered me away from Clarion/Alpine was the voice control feature with other Pioneer units.

Posting pics

Unit opened
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVH-P7500 Touchscreen Unit Review-inside_lite.jpg  

Last edited by LexCiting; 12-16-03 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-16-03, 10:21 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

closed with highlight on digital display when closed
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVH-P7500 Touchscreen Unit Review-highlight.jpg  
Old 12-16-03, 10:21 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

nighttime view opened
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVH-P7500 Touchscreen Unit Review-inside_nite.jpg  
Old 12-16-03, 10:22 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

nighttime closed, still getting info on the CD being played
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVH-P7500 Touchscreen Unit Review-inside_close.gif  

Last edited by LexCiting; 12-16-03 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-16-03, 10:23 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

backseat TV. The TV looks off-center because of the *****ty job done by my 1st installer, SRT could not center it unfortunately since the headrest was cut. Oh well, the backseat passengers should be grateful!!!

LOL
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVH-P7500 Touchscreen Unit Review-beatseat.jpg  

Last edited by LexCiting; 12-16-03 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-16-03, 11:20 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great review, and it looks awesome! I’m starting with nothing here and was looking at the Alpine IVA-D900. But the touch screen and voice look very nice. If I want to do navigation, what would I have to add?
Old 12-16-03, 11:33 AM
JUSROLLIN
Rookie

Pioneer Nav

http://www.caraudioexpert.com/produc...productID=3705

Alpine Nav

http://www.caraudioexpert.com/produc...productID=3018

Brandon

Last edited by JUSROLLIN; 12-16-03 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-16-03, 11:47 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by Overclocker
Great review, and it looks awesome! I’m starting with nothing here and was looking at the Alpine IVA-D900. But the touch screen and voice look very nice. If I want to do navigation, what would I have to add?
Wolff, I plan to do the same thing in about a year from now and so far my research has always come down to the Pioneer nav that JUSROLLIN pasted in a link to. It appears to be the best on the market right now.
Old 12-16-03, 01:14 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Listen, to everyone interested in the Pioneer unit and Nav

I don't know if I should be releasing this but Pioneer is coming out with a unit at CES that does radio,dvd,cd,tv,NAV, and topuch screen all in one unit!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is huge and will change the industry so dramatically. I saw a pic of this from the rep and it looks awesome, they changed the color to all black. The one downside is that it is only going to be available in the 6.5" screen. Either way this should be a kickass unit!
Old 12-16-03, 06:52 PM
JUSROLLIN
Rookie

Sounds good. I wonder how far North of $3.5k that retail price is going to be though. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Brandon
Old 12-17-03, 05:14 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Good review!! How was the install? Any details?
Old 12-17-03, 06:01 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

JUSROLLIN Sounds good. I wonder how far North of $3.5k that retail price is going to be though. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Thats what I said but my rep assured me it would MAP for $2k!!!!!!!!!!