Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Speakers Installed...PROPERLY (Official 2GS Install Speaker thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-07, 02:47 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
i call sticky!

awesome thread!!

anyone have any photo guide to take apart the door (and even the dash to get to the headunit)?
I JUST did this yesterday...

To Take the RADIO out, first you need to move the shift **** to drive or L3 by turning the key to the IGNITION position. (do not start car).

- Open the ash tray and gently pull it out towards you..The clips holding them in will release. Unplug the Lighter Plug and set the unit aside.
- With a small flat head screw driver, gently pull/pry the VENTS (where the clock is) out and unplug the connectors. Set it aside.
- Now you will see 4 #10 Bolts (2 top and 2 Bottom). Remove these bolts and unplug the RADIO AND AC CONTROLS. The Entire unit including the bracket will come out. There is also a round plastic clip next to one of the bottom bolts, this needs to be removed as well.

There are 8 #8 Bolts/Screws that hold the Radio and the AC controls together. Remove these to separate the 2 units (Radio and AC control).

To take the Door Panels out.

- Remove all visible screws from the door panel.
- The NOT SO VISIBLE screws are , 1 behind the door lock handle..pry out the plastic piece, 1 Under the ARM REST (Long Gold looking screw), 1 screw next to the locking mechanism on the side of the door with a rubber stopper.

Sorry for not having photos at this time....

Good luck
Mike
Old 04-24-07, 04:15 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

you are a life saver!
so the gear had to be in drive...i would have never thought of that.
Time to take my dash apart and see what kind of headunit/speakers I want

ok mods, this really needs to be a sticky.
Old 04-26-07, 06:17 PM
kit cat

okay, do you just pull out the ashtray like the AC vent/clock/passenger seat belt sign unit? I pulled on the ashtray like the vent unit, but before the ashtray came out, the ashtray part that slides out got stuck! I fixed it now, but how much force do you have to apply to this thing??
Old 04-26-07, 06:21 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

STICKY STICKY STICKY
Old 04-27-07, 05:11 AM
sidwin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330112894601

it looks right. does anyone know if this will work and what is the correct harness number that will work that will allow me to keep the stock amp?

I used one for my toyota seq. 2001 with the jbl system and everything works great but i'm not sure if that is the same thing.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 05-02-07, 10:14 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

did the polk tweeters fit in the factory location?
Old 05-02-07, 11:48 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yea they do but I couldnt get the xover to fit so I just took it apart and mounted it into the speaker box.
Old 05-03-07, 08:23 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BigManne
did the polk tweeters fit in the factory location?
Yes, perfect fit as long as you use the tweeter by itself and not the swivel cup. My crossover is stuck to the door now with 3M double sided tape.
Old 05-03-07, 10:36 AM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FLIPPU

To Take the RADIO out, first you need to move the shift **** to drive or L3 by turning the key to the IGNITION position. (do not start car).

- Open the ash tray and gently pull it out towards you..The clips holding them in will release. Unplug the Lighter Plug and set the unit aside.
- With a small flat head screw driver, gently pull/pry the VENTS (where the clock is) out and unplug the connectors. Set it aside.
- Now you will see 4 #10 Bolts (2 top and 2 Bottom). Remove these bolts and unplug the RADIO AND AC CONTROLS. The Entire unit including the bracket will come out. There is also a round plastic clip next to one of the bottom bolts, this needs to be removed as well.

There are 8 #8 Bolts/Screws that hold the Radio and the AC controls together. Remove these to separate the 2 units (Radio and AC control).

- The NOT SO VISIBLE screws are , 1 behind the door lock handle..pry out the plastic piece, 1 Under the ARM REST (Long Gold looking screw), 1 screw next to the locking mechanism on the side of the door with a rubber stopper.

Good luck
Mike
i was wondering if the process is the same for a GS with stock navi as i plan to upgrade the whole stock system. . . any input would be greatly appreciated. . . THANKS! ! !
Old 05-24-07, 06:55 AM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FLIPPU

Good luck
Mike
Anyone knows if this is the same process for some with a stock navi? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-24-07, 09:21 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I imagine it being the same. It's only logical that toyota uses the same mounting chassis.
Old 06-29-07, 04:44 PM
LexFather

Amazing, I love Clublexus. I am doing a project on my car and I had to take my doors apart...I'm thinking "might be a good time to take off those awful stock Pioneer speakers"...

This thread makes me want to do it right, so instead of rushing, going to follow these instructions.

This is also stuck!!

I took TONS of pics and will post so you know how to take off the doors and front/rear speakers.
Old 06-29-07, 04:47 PM
LexFather

Okay, going to try and search all GS speaker info/install and post the links in here so we have one reference thread. If you know of a thread, post it as well. Thanks.
e-man's custom install
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...swap+completed
DaveGS4's custom 7" baffle
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/20936-custom-baffle-for-7-front-in-gs.html
Percy How to remove the GS Subwoofer
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=13575

Last edited by LexFather; 06-30-07 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-29-07, 04:50 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Amazing, I love Clublexus. I am doing a project on my car and I had to take my doors apart...I'm thinking "might be a good time to take off those awful stock Pioneer speakers"...

This thread makes me want to do it right, so instead of rushing, going to follow these instructions.

This is also stuck!!

I took TONS of pics and will post so you know how to take off the doors and front/rear speakers.
Hey 1Sick! I havent talked to you in almost a year! Howya' been?! Cant wait to see those pics.

Im wondering if my headunit's iPod support will also be iPhone support . If THAT works, I'll definitely post more pics!

//Darius
Old 07-04-07, 05:46 PM
GSlider
Rookie

Nice write-up bud! I was wondering what measures I was going to have to go to when I do the install in mine. Now I know.

Quick Reply: Speakers Installed...PROPERLY (Official 2GS Install Speaker thread)