IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Grimmspeed License Plate Relocation Kit & F-Sport License Plate Frame Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-15, 04:00 PM
MyFSport
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grimmspeed License Plate Relocation Kit & F-Sport License Plate Frame Installed!

Old 05-26-15, 04:37 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Damn that sucks they make you ruin the front end of that beautiful car with that ugly metal.
Old 05-26-15, 04:49 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't even bother mounting the front license plate.
Old 05-26-15, 05:00 PM
MyFSport
Rookie

Originally Posted by drbazing
Didn't even bother mounting the front license plate.
I don't want to run the risk of getting tickets for not having front license plate. My friends have gotten those, I don't want to be one of them. I mean, I already have the dark window tints which is also illegal, having no front license plate plus dark tints is asking for expensive tickets plus I sometimes drive way past midnight when police lurks in the corner. It's not worth it. And I think the car still looks beautiful IMO.
Old 05-26-15, 05:03 PM
MyFSport
Rookie

Originally Posted by azmojo
Damn that sucks they make you ruin the front end of that beautiful car with that ugly metal.
You have to follow the law or you get a ticket. It's not worth the risk I think. And I think the car still looks beautiful, it does ruin a bit of its beauty especially that awesome spindle grill that's why I relocated the plate. After the relocation, my coworkers thought I installed a new grill! Lol! I just told them because the damn license plate was blocking the beautiful grill.

Last edited by MyFSport; 05-26-15 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-26-15, 05:23 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fair enough.

De jure vs De facto differences. There are so many new cars out there without one. From what I observed for many years. They really won't pull you over just because you don't have a front license, it's usually additional to something much bigger, like you said tint. Exhaust, lowering the car a lot, etc.
Old 05-26-15, 05:25 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MyFSport
You have to follow the law or you get a ticket. It's not worth the risk I think. And I think the car still looks beautiful, it does ruin a bit of its beauty especially that awesome spindle grill that's why I relocated the plate. After the relocation, my coworkers thought I installed a new grill! Lol! I just told them because the damn license plate was blocking the beautiful grill.
No, I agree, you have to do what you have to do and I would never suggest that you try otherwise in CA because they WILL get you.

But there are states, like mine, where you don't need a front plate. It's a shame that some states require it when it's clear that not-requiring front plates has not caused or created any problems, suggesting that they are unnecessary.
Old 05-26-15, 05:45 PM
MyFSport
Rookie

Originally Posted by drbazing
Fair enough.

De jure vs De facto differences. There are so many new cars out there without one. From what I observed for many years. They really won't pull you over just because you don't have a front license, it's usually additional to something much bigger, like you said tint. Exhaust, lowering the car a lot, etc.
True! And now I'm thinking that maybe I can get away with not having a front license plate. Lol! But nah. I'm good. I just want the spindle grill with unobstructed view
Old 05-26-15, 05:46 PM
MyFSport
Rookie

Originally Posted by azmojo
No, I agree, you have to do what you have to do and I would never suggest that you try otherwise in CA because they WILL get you.

But there are states, like mine, where you don't need a front plate. It's a shame that some states require it when it's clear that not-requiring front plates has not caused or created any problems, suggesting that they are unnecessary.
Wow! You guys are lucky in AZ! California sucks! Lol!
Old 05-26-15, 06:37 PM
new2jdm
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True! And now I'm thinking that maybe I can get away with not having a front license plate. Lol! But nah. I'm good. I just want the spindle grill with unobstructed view
Did Grimmspeed give you a club lexus discount?
Old 05-26-15, 08:45 PM
jsantos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by new2jdm
i second that. i was thinking of getting mine relocated too.
Old 05-26-15, 08:46 PM
jsantos
Driver School Candidate

can you provide pics of on how far the license plate is from the car? i want to get an idea on how far it is. i dont want my license plate tapping my front bumper and scratching it
Old 05-26-15, 08:48 PM
jsantos
Driver School Candidate

btw yeah california sucks with its front plate laws. hopefully i can get away with it for a while since i dont have my plates in yet
Old 05-27-15, 10:59 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to the club! Being in California, it's a godsend. To jsantos, the closest part of the plate sits about 5mm away from the bumper, but it's made from steel (not aluminum) so there's hardly any flex.

Old 05-27-15, 11:19 AM
MyFSport
Rookie

Originally Posted by new2jdm
No I just ordered it off Amazon. Had no idea I can get a discount through clublexus. I'm quite new here but now I know

Quick Reply: Grimmspeed License Plate Relocation Kit & F-Sport License Plate Frame Installed!