IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

disengage remote opening and closing windows.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-15, 06:44 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default disengage remote opening and closing windows.

on my is, i can remotely open and close the windows and sunroof with my key, by holding the buttons for several seconds.
I seem to remember that this function was engaged by my dealership. however i do not like this function, as I always carry my key in my pocket, and have several times opened the windows by accident because the key button have been pressed while i have the key inside my pocket.

I want disengage this function, preferably without visiting my dealership.
does anyone have a step by step manual or how to do instruction? does not say anything about how to do this in the cars manual.
Old 05-17-15, 08:55 AM
qhduong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
on my is, i can remotely open and close the windows and sunroof with my key, by holding the buttons for several seconds.
I seem to remember that this function was engaged by my dealership. however i do not like this function, as I always carry my key in my pocket, and have several times opened the windows by accident because the key button have been pressed while i have the key inside my pocket.

I want disengage this function, preferably without visiting my dealership.
does anyone have a step by step manual or how to do instruction? does not say anything about how to do this in the cars manual.
You can get the Carista pro app for $20 and a wireless adapter. Look up Carista for instructions.
Old 05-17-15, 01:53 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Thank you.
But I seem to remember that there is a free way to do this through the hidden menues of the car, in the same way you alter the indicator flashing number.
Old 05-17-15, 03:00 PM
EdoApero
Rookie

How do you open the sunroof and windows with the key? I have a 2015 fully loaded is350 f sport and have tried to, but have had no luck.
Old 05-17-15, 06:33 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EdoApero
How do you open the sunroof and windows with the key? I have a 2015 fully loaded is350 f sport and have tried to, but have had no luck.
Need Carista App or get the dealer to program it. It's the only way I know of.

I don't believe I've heard about any secret menus for this option either.
Old 05-17-15, 07:01 PM
Carbonite
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexSense
Need Carista App or get the dealer to program it. It's the only way I know of.

I don't believe I've heard about any secret menus for this option either.
Though I'm not aware of how you're getting the windows to go back up, as stated above the option you're looking for is referred to as a LPS or Lexus Personalized Setting such as these:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS_LPS.pdf

You'll need an OBDII reader/transmitter:
Amazon.com : ELM327 Latest Version V2.1 Bluetooth Super Mini ELM327 OBD2 II Scan Tool Car Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows (blue) : Car Electronics Amazon.com : ELM327 Latest Version V2.1 Bluetooth Super Mini ELM327 OBD2 II Scan Tool Car Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows (blue) : Car Electronics

and the Carista App also previously mentioned:
for IOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id954363569
or Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....carista&hl=en

It's a steep price for one app but I feel it was worth not going to the dealer any time I wanted to modify any of the settings.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-17-15, 08:44 PM
nslac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EdoApero
Your dealership can program it in.

Funny thing I emailed my dealership this morning activate this feature on my 3IS which I am waiting to take delivery of.

I never really thought of any downsides however OP has a good point.
Old 05-18-15, 08:24 AM
mingkwong
Driver School Candidate

May I know if Carista offers more customized setting than the list in the PDF attached?

Originally Posted by Carbonite
Though I'm not aware of how you're getting the windows to go back up, as stated above the option you're looking for is referred to as a LPS or Lexus Personalized Setting such as these:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS_LPS.pdf

You'll need an OBDII reader/transmitter:
Amazon.com : ELM327 Latest Version V2.1 Bluetooth Super Mini ELM327 OBD2 II Scan Tool Car Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows (blue) : Car Electronics

and the Carista App also previously mentioned:
for IOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id954363569
or Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....carista&hl=en

It's a steep price for one app but I feel it was worth not going to the dealer any time I wanted to modify any of the settings.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-18-15, 08:37 AM
Carbonite
Rookie

Originally Posted by mingkwong
May I know if Carista offers more customized setting than the list in the PDF attached?
I'll try to take some screenshots of all the specific options later today or tomorrow. The PDF I linked was just an example of the types of things that can be changed.
Old 05-18-15, 02:43 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi guys, just 2 quick notes:

1) The ELM327 device that you linked to says it's v2.1... and pretty much all Bluetooth ELM327 v2.1 devices that we've seen are actually bad/defective and do NOT work. So stay away from v2.1. Also, we're going to release our own Carista-branded OBD adapter soon that's going to work with both Android and iOS. It should be available for purchase in the US within a month, or maybe even sooner.

2) Yes, Carista can change quite a few more settings than the official LPS PDF. You can see a sample from a customer's 2014 IS350 here: http://www.caristaapp.com/customizat...xus_is350_2014

Last edited by Carista; 05-19-15 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-18-15, 02:51 PM
Carbonite
Rookie

Originally Posted by Carista

1) The ELM327 device that you linked to says it's v2.1... and pretty much all Bluetooth ELM327 devices that we've seen are actually bad/defective and do NOT work. So stay away from v2.1. Also, we're going to release our own Carista-branded OBD adapter soon that's going to work with both Android and iOS. It should be available for purchase in the US within a month, or maybe even sooner.

2) Yes, Carista can change quite a few more settings than the official LPS PDF. You can see a sample from a customer's 2014 IS350 here: http://www.caristaapp.com/customizat...xus_is350_2014
Thanks for the corrections and information!
Old 05-18-15, 03:01 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

Carista - Can you elaborate on why the ELM327 doesn't work? I have one and I've used it with both your App and the Torque app, it seem to be pulling data fine.
Old 05-19-15, 06:48 AM
gennacide
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carista

1) The ELM327 device that you linked to says it's v2.1... and pretty much all Bluetooth ELM327 devices that we've seen are actually bad/defective and do NOT work. So stay away from v2.1. Also, we're going to release our own Carista-branded OBD adapter soon that's going to work with both Android and iOS. It should be available for purchase in the US within a month, or maybe even sooner.

Will this also work with customizing features on a 2011 GS350??
Old 05-19-15, 09:09 AM
A2BLexus
Rookie

Funny how they didn't program this in at the factory from the get go. My friend's 10 year old Acura TSX has this. COME ON LEXUS!!! Get with it.
Old 05-19-15, 10:10 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by daobn24
Carista - Can you elaborate on why the ELM327 doesn't work? I have one and I've used it with both your App and the Torque app, it seem to be pulling data fine.
I was talking specifically about the devices that claim to be v2.1 of ELM327 - those generally don't work because they don't support the ELM327 v1.4 standard, let alone v2.1.
There are plenty of standard/cheap ELM327 devices that do work fine with Carista. It's just tough to know in advance which one of those to buy.

Originally Posted by gennacide
Will this also work with customizing features on a 2011 GS350??
No, sorry. See: http://www.caristaapp.com/supported-vehicles/

Quick Reply: disengage remote opening and closing windows.