IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

need some help JoeZ Axle back vs Catback

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-15, 05:34 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default need some help JoeZ Axle back vs Catback

for all my fellow CL members who own these exhausts i am planning on getting the axle back or cutback for my car. i have heard wonderful things about the catback now that its available for AWD. have asked a couple CL members who have it and they seem very happy with it. I wanted to ask the community as a whole. My main concern is drone, obviously the catback its inevitable. but my questions are...

Is there any drone with the axle back?
How bad is the drone with the catback?
anyone who has had both can comment?

its still a lexus and still want to hold a convo or hear the radio at highway speeds, but the car definitely needs a throaty exhaust to match the looks lol. this community has always been so helpful. thanks in advance guys!
Old 04-30-15, 05:43 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shivad87
for all my fellow CL members who own these exhausts i am planning on getting the axle back or cutback for my car. i have heard wonderful things about the catback now that its available for AWD. have asked a couple CL members who have it and they seem very happy with it. I wanted to ask the community as a whole. My main concern is drone, obviously the catback its inevitable. but my questions are... Is there any drone with the axle back? How bad is the drone with the catback? anyone who has had both can comment? its still a lexus and still want to hold a convo or hear the radio at highway speeds, but the car definitely needs a throaty exhaust to match the looks lol. this community has always been so helpful. thanks in advance guys!
i have the worlds first catback awd. for me i dont notice a drone. maybe a little at first but once the exhaust breaks in it shouldnt be a problem. where in ny are? a member on here has the catback and he lives in ny as well.
Old 04-30-15, 05:51 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

shivad i just asked him to chime in as well
Old 04-30-15, 05:57 PM
mikeNY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shiv whatsup brother ? your on instagram right ? id def. go with the joe z catback .. sounds awesome i couldnt be happier .. great sounding exhaust .. lil to no drone with this setup ..hit me up ill let you hear mine one day !!!!!!!!

BIG SHOUT OUT TO MY MAN LARRY FROM CHI TOWN !!!!!!
Old 04-30-15, 05:57 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by larry13
shivad i just asked him to chime in as well
hey larry thanks for your quick response! and that what you're saying about the drone makes me feel better about the decision to get the catback. i feel like the axle back is good, but the catback is the better option. and i am in floral park, new york. i think i know who you are talking about? Mike right? i follow him on instagram lol
Old 04-30-15, 05:59 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

@mike thanks homie! @shivad. yep its mike
Old 04-30-15, 06:08 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikeNY
shiv whatsup brother ? your on instagram right ? id def. go with the joe z catback .. sounds awesome i couldnt be happier .. great sounding exhaust .. lil to no drone with this setup ..hit me up ill let you hear mine one day !!!!!!!!

BIG SHOUT OUT TO MY MAN LARRY FROM CHI TOWN !!!!!!
just shot you a dm on instagram brother!
Old 04-30-15, 06:12 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

shivad, a few more guys are going to chime in as well. if you and mike are close maybe you can hear it in person. i'm sure you will love it tho lol
Old 04-30-15, 06:32 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Hey shivad I think it's you that just requested me again from instagram, but like I said on Instagram , I had a custom exhaust before and sounded nice but there was a lot of drone , I got the cat back and my eyes opened up when I heard how nice and quiet it was in the cab but when I gave it a good push still don't hear drone inside but sounds beautiful outside the ride , hope this helps your decision bro , you won't regret it !!!
Old 04-30-15, 07:00 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kwik8276
Hey shivad I think it's you that just requested me again from instagram, but like I said on Instagram , I had a custom exhaust before and sounded nice but there was a lot of drone , I got the cat back and my eyes opened up when I heard how nice and quiet it was in the cab but when I gave it a good push still don't hear drone inside but sounds beautiful outside the ride , hope this helps your decision bro , you won't regret it !!!
yeah that was me! yeah sorry like i said my instagram account has been acting weird lately, i somehow unfollowed like 50 people lol. and thanks for the response.. i was still a little ifffy about the catback, but after hearing what you had to say i feel better about it. thanks again bro!!
Old 04-30-15, 07:02 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

@shivad once you hear it you will prolly regret not getting it sooner lol
Old 04-30-15, 07:04 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by larry13
@shivad once you hear it you will prolly regret not getting it sooner lol
haha thanks for the help larry. and yeah thats what I've been hearing about the exhaust. can't wait to join the club!
Old 04-30-15, 07:08 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

haha thanks for the help larry. and yeah thats what I've been hearing about the exhaust. can't wait to join the club!
lol anytime bro
Old 04-30-15, 07:09 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Let me be the first to say welcome !!!!
Old 04-30-15, 07:58 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, I absolutely love the cat back exhaust, I had the axel back until the mid pipes were made. The sound with cat back is awesome. On my build you can hear it with the YouTube videos.
Larry helped me out with that one...

Last edited by NVMarkus; 05-02-15 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: need some help JoeZ Axle back vs Catback