IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Rattle drives me nuts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-15, 11:11 AM
R8RDIVA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle drives me nuts!!!!

Does anyone else have this issue? I have the Mark Levinson system in my IS350 and when I have my volume turned up past 30 the window/mirror switch panel on my driver side rattles and makes the most annoying sound in North America.

I'm thinking I should make a appointment to get it addressed. It would fall under the non-powertrain coverage of our warranties right?
Old 04-29-15, 11:37 AM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think its covered for like 4 years im not sure about the mileage though
Old 04-29-15, 11:50 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by R8RDIVA
Does anyone else have this issue? I have the Mark Levinson system in my IS350 and when I have my volume turned up past 30 the window/mirror switch panel on my driver side rattles and makes the most annoying sound in North America.

I'm thinking I should make a appointment to get it addressed. It would fall under the non-powertrain coverage of our warranties right?
I went to the dealership, replicated it, what they did was felt the clips and the module itself, it is WAY better now. MAKE THEM ADDRESS IT because I got it fixed after showing to them an example, find a sample song that makes it and show it to them. However, stillhave random rattling from car vent when the car is silent.

-Alvin
Old 04-30-15, 10:51 AM
R8RDIVA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alvinklee
I went to the dealership, replicated it, what they did was felt the clips and the module itself, it is WAY better now. MAKE THEM ADDRESS IT because I got it fixed after showing to them an example, find a sample song that makes it and show it to them. However, stillhave random rattling from car vent when the car is silent.

-Alvin
Good to know I'm not the only one. I will set up a appointment today!

Most definitely a design flaw. Are you referring to the slight rattle that comes from the AC vent on the driver side? I have that and you can only hear it when the AC is on level 2 or 3 with the radio off. It's super annoying too.
Old 04-30-15, 11:17 AM
EdoApero
Rookie

Most definitely a design flaw. Are you referring to the slight rattle that comes from the AC vent on the driver side? I have that and you can only hear it when the AC is on level 2 or 3 with the radio off. It's super annoying too.
same issues here.... the one that annoys me most is the rattling coming from the center console. I'm just too lazy to take in to the dealer. It should most definitely be covered under the warranty.
Old 05-01-15, 12:39 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by EdoApero
same issues here.... the one that annoys me most is the rattling coming from the center console. I'm just too lazy to take in to the dealer. It should most definitely be covered under the warranty.

Is it near the shifter?
Old 05-01-15, 01:33 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Like the AC Vent, it rattles if the road isnt stiff, I wonder if it is the pipe. Now the door top panel where the door handle kinda rattles, I wonder if that is causing all the ruckus, like something is lose.
Old 05-01-15, 08:22 AM
gregj28
Driver School Candidate

rattles everywhere in center console and dashboard. i spend my morning drive to work going crazy looking for some way to stop it.. back to the dealership for felting i guess.
Old 05-01-15, 09:39 AM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a rattle come from passenger side dash corner speaker Area. Im wondering if they didnt tighten something. Or i forgot to tighten something when i installed illuminated door sill. Will take a look if i cant fix off to the dealership.

I noticed it before but it was very faint but only rattled sometimes. Now i got the ark exhaust i can replicate whenever i step on the gas and it rattles like crazy lol.
Old 05-01-15, 09:50 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,629 Likes on 1,037 Posts

I've been very fortunate that in 12k miles and 18 months, I have not had a single rattle in my IS. I've traded in cars before because of rattle issues, so I really feel your pain!
Old 05-01-15, 12:06 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Yeah, the most annoying thing is when sometimes I take the technician for a ride hes like I can't hear it or that is normal. I am no this is not normal, please fix it and they said no they can't hear it.
Old 05-01-15, 12:58 PM
rgonza1
Driver

It's evident that pretty much throughout the cabin you have rattling. It drives me crazy!
Old 05-01-15, 02:25 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alvinklee

-Alvin
+1. Had the same issue in the same location. Was able to temporarily stop rattling by pulling up on the window switches which lead me to believe this is where the problem was (took me awhile to figure this out actually... lol) Took it in, replicated the sound, and they fixed the problem in a few hours. Not sure what they did to fix it but no rattles anymore. Covered under warranty, no problem. Good luck!

Last edited by jarabanos; 05-01-15 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-03-15, 02:36 AM
AndrewP930
Rookie

I've had had rattles on my dashboard speaker since day 1. Brought it in twice when my car was stock and they weren't able to fix it. Next time I brought it in with my exhaust and springs they blamed it on my aftermarket parts and refused to fix it. (even though they were too incompetent to fix it their first 2 attempts....)
Made a claim with Lexus but they are just making me waste time and get a second opinion at another dealership. I'm pretty sure the other dealership will just use the same excuse.

Not sure why it's so hard to see my past service issues with the car and realize that this was a problem from the day I bought my car, not from my aftermarket parts. so much for a luxury experience....
Old 05-03-15, 07:06 PM
awrecks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AndrewP930
I've had had rattles on my dashboard speaker since day 1. Brought it in twice when my car was stock and they weren't able to fix it. Next time I brought it in with my exhaust and springs they blamed it on my aftermarket parts and refused to fix it. (even though they were too incompetent to fix it their first 2 attempts....)
Made a claim with Lexus but they are just making me waste time and get a second opinion at another dealership. I'm pretty sure the other dealership will just use the same excuse.

Not sure why it's so hard to see my past service issues with the car and realize that this was a problem from the day I bought my car, not from my aftermarket parts. so much for a luxury experience....
Which part of California do you live in? I bought mine from Stevens Creek so I hope they're not ***holes about the exhaust i'm about to install.

Although, I think my rattling is coming from the AC vents... I'm gonna replicate it in a bit when i leave.

Quick Reply: Rattle drives me nuts!!!!