IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Final Review Thanks to You.

Old 04-21-15, 08:40 PM
Dezoris
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Final Review Thanks to You.

After reading basically as much as possible about this car and with some of your help from this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...questions.html

We completed our review which as far as I know is the most comprehensive on the internet in terms of video. Thank you for your help and any feed back will be forwarded onto Lexus product managers and PR.

Video Review:

Thanks again guys.

Written Review:
http://www.savagegeese.com/reviews/2...50-f-sport-rwd

Old 04-22-15, 10:21 AM
FireLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Review. If I didn't own one, I would of went and bought one after that review.
Old 04-22-15, 11:17 AM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad someone pointed out the turn signals, 22:01, thing that annoys me the most when I drive
Old 04-22-15, 12:05 PM
jellygo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome review

Thank u so much for thr great review. I can see how much effort and time u have spent.

3IS is a great car and was looking forward to purchase but decided to wait 2016 how it changes. What hold me back was same things you have mentioned. Memory seats, cabinets, sunglass holder, and especially turn signal. So glad someone knows about this. Also infotainment system lags.......

I don't understand why lexus did not added this options and why info system lags but we'll see how it changes for 2016 models.

Does anyone know when 2016 IS will be released?
Old 04-22-15, 12:27 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 325 Likes on 194 Posts

following year usually pop up at the end of summer or during fall season. the fix for infotainment would simply be a software upgrade. as far as memory seats, I believe the wires harness are already there, but not being used because those options are "options" on other packages. I find it hard to believe until they do a "refresh" on this gen, all the cabin is going to be the same as far as storage is concerned. they may add different trims, but I don't see anything past that.

ironic that I did my new owner's survey this morning and I mentioned just these exact things...and a little more.
Old 04-22-15, 12:28 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

What's wrong with turn signal? You do know that it has two settings right? Soft touch functions as automatic turn signals for lane change purpose, turns off after 3,5, or 7 blinks depends on setting, and if you press down or up harder it will be on constantly. It works the same way in most German cars.
Old 04-22-15, 12:33 PM
cp2
Racer

haha...I was thinking the same thing. I can't get on the link or the video here at work so I'm trying to look up issues on the turn signals on google and can't find anything.
Old 04-22-15, 01:21 PM
Lindenlea
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well done!
Interesting and thorough review that I enjoyed watching. Learned something about the tires that I did not know before-can't wait to get dedicated summer tires on my baby as the Bridgestones are really inferior for such a great car.
Old 04-22-15, 01:26 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

A very fair and detailed review, one of the best I've seen as far as content.

As far as the blinker goes he is right on. The comment is about tactile feel. Even after driving the car over 18 months I still end up inadvertently signalling and then fighting with trying to cancel the signal only to turn on the opposite signal. This is a big problem because I am probably one of the rare people who "over-signal." I signal EVERY move.

There is no chance of any change to storage. There just simply isn't any room without making some significant changes. If it was practical to add more storage areas they would have. I believe the choice they made on cup holders was a deliberate choice for the overall design they were looking for.
Old 04-22-15, 01:32 PM
cp2
Racer

the "issue" with the cup holders reminds me of that commercial w/ that dude is basing his purchase of how easy it is grab his cup while pretending to drive...haha!
Old 04-22-15, 01:38 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by azmojo
A very fair and detailed review, one of the best I've seen as far as content.

As far as the blinker goes he is right on. The comment is about tactile feel. Even after driving the car over 18 months I still end up inadvertently signalling and then fighting with trying to cancel the signal only to turn on the opposite signal. This is a big problem because I am probably one of the rare people who "over-signal." I signal EVERY move.

There is no chance of any change to storage. There just simply isn't any room without making some significant changes. If it was practical to add more storage areas they would have. I believe the choice they made on cup holders was a deliberate choice for the overall design they were looking for.
I must be the only one actually like how the blinker functions. It's quite simple really, not sure what the problem really is...there are actually worse problem with 3IS especially lack of storage.
Old 04-22-15, 01:47 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I must be the only one actually like how the blinker functions. It's quite simple really, not sure what the problem really is...there are actually worse problem with 3IS especially lack of storage.
Nope, you're not the only one. I quite like them and don't ever run into problems using them. I wish my RX had the same implementation (this style of turn signal was added to the MY15 RX).

My only real complaint with my IS is the laggy infotainment system, which is well covered. Perhaps I don't carry that much stuff in my car, but the lack of storage really hasn't been an issue for me. I keep my sunglasses, a phone charger, and some mints in the center console bin, and my phone in the door or cupholder. I keep some children's books in the seat pockets for my kids, and that's pretty much it.
Old 04-22-15, 01:54 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

great review. one of the most detailed reviews i've seen on the vehicle.

One comment about the analog clock. Many people have derided Lexus in the past for "having the same damn digital clock i can get in a corolla since 1993 (and cruise control stem, which i personally think is the best designed one out of all the auto mfr's)". not sure how i feel about the analog clock or if i miss the digital one but it's interesting to see people's different reactions to the same thing!
Old 04-22-15, 02:18 PM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the reviewer's opinion, I know my IS is not a sports cars, but I feel like I have one every time I drive.
Old 04-22-15, 04:32 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I agree - I've never had an issue with the turn signals & prefer them over "click" signals. Of any issues that I may have with the car, turn signals wouldn't be on my radar.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Final Review Thanks to You.