IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Professional DIY: Parking Sensor Install and 9500ci on 2015 IS350 F-Sport *UPDATED*

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-15, 10:33 AM
lo0nY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive asked rydeen numerous of times to change the pictures...the BL412 isn't a "Flash Mount" the BL422 is....I would order the BL422, for the outer bumper and order the BB 400PM for the grill ones

Originally Posted by neoogeoo
which model was it the bl412 or bl422 for the parking sensor, I want to intall them in the front and if possible connect a camera, both of these units come with video output...... looking at the rydeen website i cant the difference between the kits they seem to be the same.....
Old 04-25-15, 12:01 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by lo0nY
the rear sensor I installed has the monitor output, which flashes arrows on the right or left, also showing the distance.

I have the same for the front, just waiting to install the 360 box and run wires to the mirrors.

on the front camera, I'm trying to modify the factory lexus emblem.....looking to make something "factory"
Do you know if there's a way to replace factory rear view mirror with build-in monitor? I want to keep existing electronics like garage door opener and auto dimmer but just replace the actual mirror with monitor.
Old 04-25-15, 12:54 PM
lo0nY
Driver School Candidate

very possible...did you want one for backup camera or just a monitor for videos?

Originally Posted by dojoman
Do you know if there's a way to replace factory rear view mirror with build-in monitor? I want to keep existing electronics like garage door opener and auto dimmer but just replace the actual mirror with monitor.
Old 04-25-15, 01:04 PM
neoogeoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ive asked rydeen numerous of times to change the pictures...the BL412 isn't a "Flash Mount" the BL422 is....I would order the BL422, for the outer bumper and order the BB 400PM for the grill ones
thank for your help lo0ny, I'm assuming you can incorporate the sensors for the BB400 (grill mount) onto the Bl 422 since it has for a video out, I would like to incorporate the a camera somewhere up front...........quick question what exactly is "Flash mount" excuse my ignorance I"m just old and dont wish to scrape my front bumper.........
Old 04-25-15, 03:27 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

very possible...did you want one for backup camera or just a monitor for videos?
Just for videos. I have a front camera but hate having to switch to A/V source to see the video on monitor, I want to display the front cam on rear view mirror instead. Any idea how I should go about replacing the mirror? You can PM me if you want.
Old 04-25-15, 04:54 PM
lo0nY
Driver School Candidate

you can find a mirror from any Toyota truck 2010+ like from a Tacoma or Tundra. ie http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-TOYOTA-TUNDRA-Auto-Dim-Rear-View-Mirror-Homelink-3-3-Backup-Camera-Display-/141631448661?fits=Make%3AToyota&hash=item20f9e46655&vxp=mtr
all of Toyota mirrors are made by Gextex

the wiring is easy to figure out

Originally Posted by dojoman
Just for videos. I have a front camera but hate having to switch to A/V source to see the video on monitor, I want to display the front cam on rear view mirror instead. Any idea how I should go about replacing the mirror? You can PM me if you want.
Old 04-25-15, 04:55 PM
lo0nY
Driver School Candidate

flash mount is what Rydeen call Flush mount...the "Flash Mounts" require the removal of the bumper to mount form behind the bumper.....

Originally Posted by neoogeoo
thank for your help lo0ny, I'm assuming you can incorporate the sensors for the BB400 (grill mount) onto the Bl 422 since it has for a video out, I would like to incorporate the a camera somewhere up front...........quick question what exactly is "Flash mount" excuse my ignorance I"m just old and dont wish to scrape my front bumper.........
Old 04-25-15, 05:26 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

you can find a mirror from any Toyota truck 2010+ like from a Tacoma or Tundra. ie Toyota Tundra Auto Dim Rear View Mirror Homelink 3 3" Backup Camera Display | eBay

all of Toyota mirrors are made by Gextex

the wiring is easy to figure out
Thanks for message. Expensive mirror I guess all oem stuff are not cheap. Anyway, once you hook up your camera I'll check your thread update to see if it's worth doing it.
Old 03-23-16, 09:51 PM
gqwolf
Rookie

the rear sensor I installed has the monitor output, which flashes arrows on the right or left, also showing the distance.

I have the same for the front, just waiting to install the 360 box and run wires to the mirrors.

on the front camera, I'm trying to modify the factory lexus emblem.....looking to make something "factory"
Loony - I'd like to install a front mount camera on my FSport. There is a circular piece that you took off the mesh grill for your sensors. Was there any purpose for those pieces? Any connections behind them? How did you get them off? Your pictures suggest they should pop forward. From feeling around with my fingers, it seems like there may be clips from behind the grill. I was hesitant to mess with it until I'm sure there won't be any irreparable damages.
Old 03-25-16, 05:21 PM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gqwolf
Loony - I'd like to install a front mount camera on my FSport. There is a circular piece that you took off the mesh grill for your sensors. Was there any purpose for those pieces? Any connections behind them? How did you get them off? Your pictures suggest they should pop forward. From feeling around with my fingers, it seems like there may be clips from behind the grill. I was hesitant to mess with it until I'm sure there won't be any irreparable damages.
It's just resistant clips. I use plastic tool to pry it out. Nothing behind it. I'm planning to use that spot for front mount camera too.
Old 03-25-16, 06:16 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MatrixPC
It's just resistant clips. I use plastic tool to pry it out. Nothing behind it. I'm planning to use that spot for front mount camera too.
That hole is quite an offset from the middle, some parking block that are not in center you won't be able to see it. I installed mine in middle just underneath license plate. It's well hidden.

Last edited by dojoman; 03-25-16 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-26-16, 09:55 AM
gqwolf
Rookie

I don't have a front license plate, and if I get pulled over for it, I'll probably go with the tow hook plate.
Old 03-26-16, 12:24 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I don't have a front license plate, and if I get pulled over for it, I'll probably go with the tow hook plate.
It's actually mounted on the grill.