IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Talk me out of buyer's remorse

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-15, 06:31 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The driving position is perfect for me. Every control is easily reached. The gauges are addicting because I can get mph and rpm with a flick of the eye. I came form a Genesis and was tired with having to lean forward to reach controls. Car needed all of the safety aids because drivers eyes were off the road so often. IS is far from perfect but for a reasonable amount of money I feel like I'm driving something g far more exotic especially in the canyons.
Old 04-16-15, 08:56 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Id probably just turn round and say deal with it - not my fault you sooo fat you cant fit in my car (even though she isnt) lmao
Old 04-16-15, 09:25 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

it's funny....my wife tells me the same thing. my last car was a 1st gen is300 w/ the leather/suede combo seats. she thought that those seats were comfortable and she dislikes the bolstered seats in my f sport. she keeps telling me how uncomfortable the seats are and that I'd get tired and uncomfortable because I have broad shoulders and etc, etc, etc. every time she goes back and talks about it, it makes me more happy I have the joe z cat back, cause I just start listening to it purr...haha. she also complains about how cramp the **** pit is. I just tell her, it's the way it's built and how it is now enclosed to the driver and front passenger instead of being open and lower like it was in the 1st gen. I just told my wife, if go on long trips, we'll just take her cadi and call it a day. saves miles on my car and I don't have to hear about how uncomfortable MY car is. my son also has his 2 cents about the back seat, but I don't sit in the back so I don't care...haha. he's 10 by the way. but, he loves how the interior and exterior looks...and how it sounds and over looks everything else...haha.

don't feel bad bro. it took me a while to get used to my new car as well...cause I do miss my 1st gen...and oh...it was manual too! kinda miss that until I hit traffic haha.
Old 04-16-15, 11:10 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I initially thought my driver seat was a bit cramped (coming from a camry) but I've grown to like and adjusted to these seats.
Old 04-16-15, 02:08 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by computerwi
I wouldn't say the interior is small, rather it has a feeling of tightness. This is largely due to the seat bolsters and overall design of the center console. That said, it can't compete with an Odyssey which has an entirely different purpose. Your wife won't be driving your IS by the sounds of it so who cares what she thinks. Just enjoy the drive!
Ohhh so true it burns lol
Old 04-17-15, 04:34 AM
Sight22
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by My0gr81
OP did you consider that she may be reacting to the fact that you picked up the car and then took her for a test drive instead of taking her for a test drive before getting the car? The former didn't give her a say in the decision, where as the latter would have.

Women are funny that way, and may not come out and clearly articulate what's really bothering them.
Originally Posted by Aeromotive
Funny I was gonna say just that.

I'd like to add : I'm not a marriage therapist but if I was in your shoes I'd expect/like my wife to actually tell me what's bothering her but in the end, be happy for me... instead of just whining about how bad she thinks my decision was...
Originally Posted by Ice350
My wife ain't perfect but one thing she has right. She doesn't tell me what car to choose. I don't tell her either. I am involved with the price and features she ends up with but she chooses her own car. If I even ask her opinion she'll quickly say, don't ask me cause I'm not asking you.
When we got new cars a month ago, I tried suggesting an ES350 would be perfect for her and be cheaper for us. She jumped up and and shouted, don't even try it.
I knew she would react that way. I just wanted to have a laugh.
You know, hearing all these wife comments makes me remember how much I complained about her getting the mini van, how I am embarrassed to drive it, why does she even want it with just one kid, my youth is over. Honestly, if anything, I have been way worse to her about her car choice than she was to me

She took her first drive in it last night and she admitted she liked it and made some comments about taking it here and there. As far as me, all remorseful thoughts are gone. I love it. By far my favorite part about the car is the seats and interior now. I have never had a more locked in feeling driving before and its awesome. Also, this is the best driving car I have ever driven. I can't imagine what it would be like to drive something better. I know there is better, but I can't imagine what it would be like.
Old 04-17-15, 11:54 AM
allgoodman
Rookie

The IS isn't that much smaller than the GS. I was considering both cars, but in the end I chose the GS and it wasn't because of the size.